Classic Realcent Archives
Classic Realcent Archives
Home | Profile | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Bullion Coins and Metals Investing Forums
 Copper Penny Bullion Investing
 How much education do we have?
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

Cody8404
Penny Hoarding Member

USA
602 Posts

Posted - 07/23/2008 :  16:58:43  Show Profile Send Cody8404 a Private Message
Poll Question:
What kind of education we have.

Choices:

Did not finish High School
High School Grad
Some College
Associates degree
Trade Tech Grad
Bachelors Degree
Masters Degree
Doctorate Degree

Awake, O kings of the earth! Come ye, O, come ye, with your gold and your silver, to the help of my people, to the house of the daughters of Zion, to the help of the people of the God of this Land even Jesus Christ.

natsb88
Administrator

USA
1850 Posts

Posted - 07/23/2008 :  17:56:36  Show Profile Send natsb88 a Private Message
I put "some college" since I haven't graduated yet. Two Bachelors degrees in progress...

Nate
The Copper Cave

Go to Top of Page

Flbandit
Penny Hoarding Member

USA
851 Posts

Posted - 07/23/2008 :  20:50:28  Show Profile Send Flbandit a Private Message
I finally graduated with a B.A. after 12 years of going part time!

Are you throwing that out?
Go to Top of Page

moboman
1000+ Penny Miser Member

USA
2555 Posts

Posted - 07/23/2008 :  22:14:19  Show Profile Send moboman a Private Message
so does some college = in college or does it mean dropped out of college?

Not that it matters for me...

"99% of all lawyers give the rest of them a bad name"

Go to Top of Page

Gr33nday43

Uzbekistan
10 Posts

Posted - 07/23/2008 :  22:35:47  Show Profile  Send Gr33nday43 a Yahoo! Message Send Gr33nday43 a Private Message
I'm not out of high school yet!
I plan on getting a bachelors in finance and mathematics, though.
Go to Top of Page

scooter
Penny Pincher Member

240 Posts

Posted - 07/23/2008 :  23:08:55  Show Profile Send scooter a Private Message
I didnt finish 9th grade, but i worked my tail off and now I own my own buisness. Some of the dumbest people on this planet are also The most "educated"(to stand in line like sheep).
At the same time i have great respect for a bright intellectual or philosopher.Im not saying education is bad either.I believe real knowledge only comes from experience and a great desire to want to become more aware of the world you live in.
Go to Top of Page

wagsthadog
Penny Hoarding Member

USA
565 Posts

Posted - 07/24/2008 :  00:10:38  Show Profile Send wagsthadog a Private Message
Hi all,

AMEN to "some of the dumbest people are also the most "educated.""

I have five PhD's in female anatomy.....

Only when they CAN'T have it, ......THEN they'll want it.

I love Cents. If you get an UNC box, you win. If you get a regular circ. box, you win. If you get a zinc box, you don't lose....so you still win.
Go to Top of Page

Nickelless
Administrator

USA
5580 Posts

Posted - 07/24/2008 :  00:28:32  Show Profile Send Nickelless a Private Message
I have my bachelor's degree in journalism. I'm seriously considering going for a master's degree at seminaries in either Chicago, Louisville or Nashville. But depending upon the success of the book I'm working on, a nonfiction piece on spiritual endurance, I might split the difference and just stay where I'm at and keep writing full-time. (How do you become a millionaire writer? Start with two million.)

Visit my new preparedness site: Preparedness.cc/SurvivalPrep.net
--Latest article: Stocking up on spices to keep food preps lively

---------------

Be prepared...and prepared to help: http://www.survivalblog.com/charity.html

Are you ready spiritually for hard times? http://www.jesusfreak.com/rapture.asp

Edited by - Nickelless on 07/24/2008 00:59:59
Go to Top of Page

TXTim
Penny Hoarding Member

629 Posts

Posted - 07/24/2008 :  08:51:20  Show Profile Send TXTim a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Nickelless

I have my bachelor's degree in journalism. I'm seriously considering going for a master's degree at seminaries in either Chicago, Louisville or Nashville. But depending upon the success of the book I'm working on, a nonfiction piece on spiritual endurance, I might split the difference and just stay where I'm at and keep writing full-time. (How do you become a millionaire writer? Start with two million.)

No vow of poverty?

Beer is my currency.
Go to Top of Page

TenBears
1000+ Penny Miser Member

USA
1021 Posts

Posted - 07/24/2008 :  10:35:54  Show Profile Send TenBears a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by scooter

I didnt finish 9th grade, but i worked my tail off and now I own my own buisness. Some of the dumbest people on this planet are also The most "educated"(to stand in line like sheep).
At the same time i have great respect for a bright intellectual or philosopher.Im not saying education is bad either.I believe real knowledge only comes from experience and a great desire to want to become more aware of the world you live in.

A number of people are educated beyond, sometimes way beyond, their intelligence.

"Rich," the Old Man said dreamily, "is not baying after what you can't have. Rich is having the time to do what you want to do. Rich is a little whiskey to drink and some food to eat and a roof over your head and a fish pole and a boat and a gun and a dollar for a box of shells. Rich is not owing any money to anybody, and not spending what you haven't got." Robert Ruark

there are too wild Indians...
there are too wild Indians...
there are too wild Indians...-----still taunted

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

54 Posts

Posted - 07/24/2008 :  11:05:30  Show Profile Send n/a a Private Message
I have a BS in Electrical Engineering.

I think the educated people that might not seem so "smart" is that it comes down to "Street Smarts" vs. "Book Smarts". Education allows people to do incredible things, however some people without a formal education do exceptionally well. I believe education is a tool.... Keep it sharp.

The more I learn, I find out the less I know.
Go to Top of Page

Nickelless
Administrator

USA
5580 Posts

Posted - 07/24/2008 :  13:07:33  Show Profile Send Nickelless a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by TXTim

quote:
Originally posted by Nickelless

No vow of poverty?

What do you think a journalism degree is?

---------------

Go to Top of Page

Flbandit
Penny Hoarding Member

USA
851 Posts

Posted - 07/24/2008 :  17:38:34  Show Profile Send Flbandit a Private Message
Speaking of vows of poverty, my degree is Psychology. (So, how do you feel when you get a skunk box?)!!

Are you throwing that out?
Go to Top of Page

Chip500
Penny Sorter Member

USA
28 Posts

Posted - 07/24/2008 :  17:44:10  Show Profile Send Chip500 a Private Message
Senior in high school, looks like Greenday and I are in the same boat haha
Go to Top of Page

Nickelless
Administrator

USA
5580 Posts

Posted - 07/24/2008 :  18:56:50  Show Profile Send Nickelless a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Flbandit

Speaking of vows of poverty, my degree is Psychology. (So, how do you feel when you get a skunk box?)!!

Skunk boxes are just another $25 I can drop back in my account and be a little less impoverished.

Maybe I should take a vow of copper.

Actually, though, I'm not Catholic so no vow of poverty--or vows of singleness and celibacy either--but that doesn't mean I won't continue to be poor. My girlfriend also has a journalism degree.

---------------

Edited by - Nickelless on 07/24/2008 19:09:09
Go to Top of Page

Cody8404
Penny Hoarding Member

USA
602 Posts

Posted - 07/28/2008 :  12:43:00  Show Profile Send Cody8404 a Private Message
I do not see education was a measure of inteligence, but to me I can see we have inteligent people who are educated and some who are not educated in our education system.

Awake, O kings of the earth! Come ye, O, come ye, with your gold and your silver, to the help of my people, to the house of the daughters of Zion, to the help of the people of the God of this Land even Jesus Christ.
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

18 Posts

Posted - 07/29/2008 :  01:01:24  Show Profile Send n/a a Private Message
Another word for education is indoctrination. I'm finishing college for my parents, so I have a near-complete degree in creative writing which is like sitting on the toilet to fart. Don't know what I'm going to do with a degree like that, nor do I know why I need it except to become a part of the alumni, to become illumined so I can work for the illuminati. Ha ha ha.

www.cuttingthroughthematrix.com --- Clearing the rubbish from the road to reality.
Go to Top of Page

kieblera5
Penny Hoarding Member

USA
859 Posts

Posted - 07/29/2008 :  01:31:57  Show Profile  Send kieblera5 an AOL message Send kieblera5 a Private Message
I'm a sophomore in college. Getting a degree in Game and Simulation Programming. I graduated high school last January, but have been taking college classes for two years. I started at fifteen with taking college classes. I even took college Calculus without taking high school calculus and got the only 'A' in my college class.
I'd say I'm fairly intelligent even though I haven't completed college.

Democracy is being allowed to vote for the candidate you dislike least.

Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and then beat you mercilessly with experience.

Caller number seven gets the Peace Prize!

Get coding tips, tricks, and more at: http://codingmonday.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

54 Posts

Posted - 07/29/2008 :  10:12:59  Show Profile Send n/a a Private Message
KiebleraS,
my last semmester in college I took an assembly language class and we ended up using a gameboy as our platform to write short game programs. Mine was kind of lame, I actually got the collision call to work and increment the scores, then random variables to generate the other sprites.... There's quite a bit to game programming, good luck with that!
Go to Top of Page

AFModell
Penny Sorter Member

USA
82 Posts

Posted - 07/30/2008 :  02:16:04  Show Profile Send AFModell a Private Message
I also have 15 months of USAF ed.

kieblera5, when I was failing out of Cal I (got a D!) and then actually failing Cal II, I was so jealous of math minded folks like yourself! Keep up the good work, and tutor us dumb ones please!

A penny saved is...TWO pennies earned!

Edited by - AFModell on 07/30/2008 02:20:11
Go to Top of Page

Know Common Cents
Penny Pincher Member

195 Posts

Posted - 07/30/2008 :  19:57:24  Show Profile Send Know Common Cents a Private Message
Bachelor's Degree in Management. Like a dummy, I didn't finish college when my parents were willing to pay the freight. When I finally decided to go back and finish, I was both the payer and the payee.

Here in Wisconsin, we have some of the highest property and gasoline taxes in the US. We're squeezed so much, I have to make my daughter wear penny boxes for shoes. At least she has an endless supply.
Go to Top of Page

swusc
Penny Hoarding Member

USA
553 Posts

Posted - 07/30/2008 :  20:54:12  Show Profile Send swusc a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by scooter

Education gives people knowledge. Knowledge is different that intellect.

A genius is a genius. They don't have to have a phd to be a genius.

-SWUSC

`Everybody is ignorant. Only on different subjects.' Will Rogers

"This is the shabby secret of the welfare statists' tirades against gold. Deficit spending is simply a scheme for the "hidden" confiscation of wealth. Gold stands in the way of this insidious process. It stands as a protector of property rights. If one grasps this, one has no difficulty in understanding the statists' antagonism toward the gold standard." Alan Greenspan, 1966.
Go to Top of Page

swusc
Penny Hoarding Member

USA
553 Posts

Posted - 07/30/2008 :  20:57:02  Show Profile Send swusc a Private Message
I would like to add. Education doesn't have to be formal.

-SWUSC

`Everybody is ignorant. Only on different subjects.' Will Rogers

"This is the shabby secret of the welfare statists' tirades against gold. Deficit spending is simply a scheme for the "hidden" confiscation of wealth. Gold stands in the way of this insidious process. It stands as a protector of property rights. If one grasps this, one has no difficulty in understanding the statists' antagonism toward the gold standard." Alan Greenspan, 1966.
Go to Top of Page

Nickelless
Administrator

USA
5580 Posts

Posted - 07/30/2008 :  22:23:05  Show Profile Send Nickelless a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by swusc

I would like to add. Education doesn't have to be formal.

-SWUSC

So true. I learned more about the real world while driving a taxi in college than I did in the classroom. Two years on the streets of a big city for 50+ hours a week really taugt me a lot.

---------------

Go to Top of Page

wheeler_dealer
Penny Collector Member

USA
402 Posts

Posted - 07/30/2008 :  22:38:32  Show Profile  Send wheeler_dealer a Yahoo! Message Send wheeler_dealer a Private Message
Associates in accounting and economics. Masters in life. Learn to read-READ TO LEARN...Libraries are free. Experience is the best teacher. Learn to listen and listen to learn.
Go to Top of Page

Cody8404
Penny Hoarding Member

USA
602 Posts

Posted - 08/07/2008 :  12:12:35  Show Profile Send Cody8404 a Private Message
Agreed.
I know some very inteligent farmers who never finished high school.

I also know some very stupid people who have PHDs.

I hope I am closer to the first.

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Classic Realcent Archives © 2000-2010 Realcent.org Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.27 seconds. Powered By: ForumCo v3.4.05
RSS Feed 1 RSS Feed 2