Classic Realcent Archives
Classic Realcent Archives
Home | Profile | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Bullion Coins and Metals Investing Forums
 Nickel Bullion & CuNi Bullion Coins
 wheeeeeeeeee a V, and a 38 s
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

cwgii
Penny Hoarding Member

USA
924 Posts

Posted - 06/26/2009 :  13:53:38  Show Profile Send cwgii a Private Message
been hitting the homeruns this week.

a $100 box from chase yielded two , milestones,

a 38s ... my first obviously,

and a 1906 V. also the first in over a year of sorting.

daviscfad
1000+ Penny Miser Member

USA
1664 Posts

Posted - 06/26/2009 :  14:19:31  Show Profile Send daviscfad a Private Message
copngrats on your find! I bet finding that V was very exciting! I am sure the 38s wasnt bad either though

Inquiring minds want to know
Go to Top of Page

dakota1955
1000+ Penny Miser Member

2212 Posts

Posted - 06/26/2009 :  14:34:45  Show Profile  Send dakota1955 a Yahoo! Message Send dakota1955 a Private Message
Maybe I will have to start going through nickels to see what kind of luck I will have.
Go to Top of Page

Bluegill
1000+ Penny Miser Member

USA
1964 Posts

Posted - 06/26/2009 :  16:30:31  Show Profile Send Bluegill a Private Message
Nice finds. Any possibility of a pic of the '06..? I don't know about anybody else, but I like pics.

Go to Top of Page

jonflyfish
Penny Hoarding Member

USA
693 Posts

Posted - 06/27/2009 :  07:33:17  Show Profile  Send jonflyfish a Yahoo! Message Send jonflyfish a Private Message
Excellent finds- congrats!

The first panacea for a mismanaged nation is inflation of the currency; second is war. Both bring a temporary (and false) prosperity; both bring a permanent ruin. But both are the refuge of political and economic opportunities.
Go to Top of Page

Computer Jones
1000+ Penny Miser Member

USA
1112 Posts

Posted - 06/27/2009 :  10:57:28  Show Profile Send Computer Jones a Private Message
The bank closest to my office didn't have any pennies Friday, so I asked about Nickels.
They had 4 rolls, one was obviously short.
I bought the 3 full rolls and when the Teller counted the short roll, she found they were all Canadian coins and told me they didn't sell Canadian coins.
I asked what would happen with that roll, she asked her Manager and it was decided that that roll would be "written off" and disposed of. Long story short, I got them for free. The oldest was 1942, the newest was 1964 and there was a superb quality 1945 "We Won the War" chrome.
The other rolls (all American coins) had 12 War Nickles!

There's profit if you melt things!!
8{>

Edited by - Computer Jones on 06/27/2009 10:59:19
Go to Top of Page

misteroman
Administrator

USA
2565 Posts

Posted - 06/28/2009 :  10:21:05  Show Profile Send misteroman a Private Message
^^^^ wow nice job there sir

Buying CU cents!!!! Paying 1.2 unlimited amounts wanted. Can pick up if near Ohio area.
Go to Top of Page

PreservingThePast
1000+ Penny Miser Member

USA
1572 Posts

Posted - 06/28/2009 :  14:43:31  Show Profile Send PreservingThePast a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by cwgii

been hitting the homeruns this week.

a $100 box from chase yielded two , milestones,

a 38s ... my first obviously,

and a 1906 V. also the first in over a year of sorting.

Nice finds. Keep up the good work.
Go to Top of Page

PreservingThePast
1000+ Penny Miser Member

USA
1572 Posts

Posted - 06/28/2009 :  14:45:51  Show Profile Send PreservingThePast a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Computer Jones

The bank closest to my office didn't have any pennies Friday, so I asked about Nickels.
I bought the 3 full rolls and when the Teller counted the short roll, she found they were all Canadian coins and told me they didn't sell Canadian coins.
I asked what would happen with that roll, she asked her Manager and it was decided that that roll would be "written off" and disposed of. Long story short, I got them for free. The oldest was 1942, the newest was 1964 and there was a superb quality 1945 "We Won the War" chrome.

Very, very nice! (For reasons unknown to me, I am drooling quite a bit every time I get on this forum to read the posts. )

Really cool finds. Continued success.
Go to Top of Page

jadedragon
Administrator

Canada
3788 Posts

Posted - 06/29/2009 :  23:29:07  Show Profile Send jadedragon a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Computer Jones

Gotta love solid Ni roll for free. The chrome ones are exceddingly rare in circulation too.

“The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.” – George Bernard Shaw.
Why Copper Bullion ~~~ Interview with Silver Bullion Producer Market Harmony
Passive Income blog
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Classic Realcent Archives © 2000-2010 Realcent.org Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.14 seconds. Powered By: ForumCo v3.4.05
RSS Feed 1 RSS Feed 2