Classic Realcent Archives
Classic Realcent Archives
Home | Profile | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Related Topics, Learning and Information
 Non-Metals Necessities and Things To Think About
 Personal security and protection issues
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

Nickelless
Administrator

USA
5580 Posts

Posted - 06/17/2009 :  01:58:40  Show Profile Send Nickelless a Private Message
As the economy gets worse and the dollar heads toward its final death spiral, people are going to do stupid and violent things for two reasons:

1. because they're desperate; and
2. because they can.

Yet there are probably still people who aren't convinced that they should have a gun, or who still think they SHOULDN'T have a gun, even as society around them turns into the Wild West (although more likely something like post-Soviet Russia, IMO, with a huge increase in crime, organized or otherwise).

If I can't convince you that it's prudent for you to buy and learn how to use firearms for your own protection, think about the people you love--do you want them to get killed by other people desperate for food, money, ANYTHING, after TSHTF? Or would you rather that your family stayed alive because you had firearms, that you learned how to use them and that you kept your family and other loved ones safe when trouble came looking for you?

If you're holding onto this naive idea that you'll be safe when armed thugs come looking for goods and they have weapons and you don't, good luck keeping anything in your house, and if you're lucky, your life.

Here are some things that armed occupants could have prevented or helped stop...except by then it was too late:

Hurricane Katrina aftermath: You must be logged in to see this link.

...and even cops joined in because they could, and there was nobody to stop them: You must be logged in to see this link.

Rape and genocide in Darfur (could happen in the U.S. given the right circumstances): You must be logged in to see this link.

1984 mass murder in San Ysidro, California: You must be logged in to see this link.

Notice in the McDonald's massacre that James Oliver Huberty was taken down by a sniper's bullet, but by that time, 21 other people were already dead--what if they'd been armed?

And I could offer dozens of other examples where armed citizens could've stopped murder, rape and robbery in the midst of chaos when nobody was around to help, or when help came too late. I can't TELL you what to do when it comes to protecting your family, friends and possessions when everything finally hits the fan--I can't MAKE you go out and buy a gun and MAKE you learn how to use it--but I'll say this unequivocally and without apologies:

You're an absolute fool if you think crime couldn't happen to you, ESPECIALLY as things get worse economically and people have no regard for anyone else. And if you think police will get there before it's too late...

Get a gun. Learn how to use it. Be ready to use it if you have to. If you don't, you will be at the mercy of those who already have guns and who aren't afraid to use them to take whatever they can and do anything to you that they want.

Ask the women in Darfur. Ask the people in New Orleans. Ask the people in San Ysidro.

Except that it's too late.

FIND AN NRA-CERTIFIED TRAINING COURSE NEAR YOU:
You must be logged in to see this link.

**HIGHLY RECOMMENDED READING: "Stopping Power" by J. Neil Schulman
Download the e-book at this link: You must be logged in to see this link.

Edited by - Nickelless on 10/29/2009 22:01:14

Country
1000+ Penny Miser Member

USA
3121 Posts

Posted - 06/17/2009 :  08:43:21  Show Profile Send Country a Private Message
You don't want to go there - SHTF. While knowing how to use a gun is a good thing - hunting for food and some minimal protection of your loved ones and your stash, it's naive to think your small arsenal will keep you safe.

If society breaks down, do you think you'll have the fire power to save yourself from the mobilized "Blackwater" people? I think you'll get sqaushed like a bug. I guess you can go down shooting, but if these guys come to your neighborhood and you fire on them, "Your Dead."

---> Come to the new and improved realcent: http://realcent.org

The things that will destroy America are prosperity-at-any-price, peace-at-any-price, safety-first instead of duty-first, the love of soft living, and the get-rich-quick theory of life.
– Theodore Roosevelt
Go to Top of Page

Kurr
1000+ Penny Miser Member

2906 Posts

Posted - 06/17/2009 :  10:16:12  Show Profile Send Kurr a Private Message
You misunderestimate. If TSHTF and they come to my neighborhood, My neighborhood might fire on them en masse. The Sherrif is the highest elected official in any county. He CAN deputise the ENTIRE county.

County Sherrifs can, and have, ejected federal agents. There are several counties currently where the Sherrif has given notice to the feds that they have to seek written permission from the Sherrif to execute warrents, conduct investigations, or simply conduct any official business. Thats DEA to IRS to BATF to DHS.

The silver [is] mine, and the gold [is] mine, saith the LORD of hosts. Hag 2:8 [/b]
He created it. He controls it. He gave it to us for His use. Why did we turn from sound scriptural currency that PROTECTS us?

KJV Bible w/ Strong's Concordance: http://www.blueletterbible.org/
The book of The Hundreds: http://www.land.netonecom.net/tlp/ref/boh/bookOfTheHundreds_v4.1.pdf
The Two Republics: http://www.whitehorsemedia.com/docs/THE_TWO_REPUBLICS.pdf
Good reading: http://ecclesia.org/truth/government.html

A number of people are educated beyond, sometimes way beyond, their intelligence. - Tenbears

Go to Top of Page

Nickelless
Administrator

USA
5580 Posts

Posted - 06/17/2009 :  13:16:10  Show Profile Send Nickelless a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Country

You don't want to go there - SHTF. While knowing how to use a gun is a good thing - hunting for food and some minimal protection of your loved ones and your stash, it's naive to think your small arsenal will keep you safe.

If society breaks down, do you think you'll have the fire power to save yourself from the mobilized "Blackwater" people? I think you'll get sqaushed like a bug. I guess you can go down shooting, but if these guys come to your neighborhood and you fire on them, "Your Dead."

That's an awfully broad brush you're painting with, Country, so let's review Civics 101: The Second Amendment protects the First Amendment--exactly the way the Founding Fathers intended.

There aren't enough Blackwater thugs in the world to take over the U.S., especially with 70 million armed Americans. And while one individual's arsenal may be small, think about what happens when you get entire neighborhoods and cities together with collective firepower--they'll take care of themselves and will show Blackwater to the door. This is not an either-or situation--either we have weapons and have to deal with Blackwater, or we don't have weapons and "cooperate." There are plenty of areas where police don't go because of armed citizens, for better or worse. Blackwater types aren't going to mess with areas that are heavily armed. That's exactly what the Founding Fathers intended, and exactly what every American citizen should be prepared to do.

But my purpose in starting this thread was NOT to start a debate over whether we SHOULD have guns and what will happen when the brownshirts show up uninvited, my purpose in starting this thread was to say that people are being stupid if they don't plan on getting personal protection, for all of the reasons I stated above.

Kurr, that's a very interesting point about sheriffs deputizing entire counties and telling the feds to get out. Here's hoping that will happen across the country WTSHTF.

Visit my new preparedness site: Preparedness.cc/SurvivalPrep.net
--Latest article: Stocking up on spices to keep food preps lively

---------------

Be prepared...and prepared to help: http://www.survivalblog.com/charity.html

Are you ready spiritually for hard times? http://www.jesusfreak.com/rapture.asp

Edited by - Nickelless on 06/17/2009 14:16:05
Go to Top of Page

vrbsroma
Penny Collector Member

394 Posts

Posted - 06/17/2009 :  16:28:25  Show Profile Send vrbsroma a Private Message
Society is not going to be destroyed. The dollar is not going to be replaced with another currency. There will be inflation, not hyperinflation. Life will go on. 100 years from now who knows, but for the next 25 years life will continue the was it has. I don't anticipate anyone giving up on 200 years of "the way it is" and making such drastic changes as to abort all that we have created thus far. That being said, always be prepared.

As far as I know, it is stated "In God We Trust" on the US dollar. How can I trust this currency if I do not believe in God?

Possession is nine-tenths of the law.

When I give my two cents, they're always copper!
Go to Top of Page

fb101
Administrator

USA
2856 Posts

Posted - 06/17/2009 :  17:16:04  Show Profile Send fb101 a Private Message
The way it is is dying before your very eyes comrade.
Soon the gov't will be able to deny you medical care they feel is too expensive, thus a death sentence without due process.

Go to Top of Page

Nickelless
Administrator

USA
5580 Posts

Posted - 06/17/2009 :  17:58:18  Show Profile Send Nickelless a Private Message
Anyone have any links to good gun-safety videos?

---------------

Go to Top of Page

Delawhere Jack
1000+ Penny Miser Member

USA
1680 Posts

Posted - 06/17/2009 :  18:02:14  Show Profile Send Delawhere Jack a Private Message
Well, if it rains, I dont care
Dont make no difference to me
Just take that street car
thats goin up town
Yeah, Id like to hear some funky dixieland
And dance a honky tonk
And Ill be buyin evrybody drinks all roun

Old black water, keep on rollin
Mississippi moon, wont you keep on shinin on me
Yeah, keep on shinin your light
Gonna make everything, pretty mama
Gonna make everything all right
And I aint got no worries
cause I aint in no hurry at all

I'll go with being armed, be it jackbooted thugs or golden hordes. I'm a trained marksmen, and I'll send a lot of either group to burn in hell before they take me down.

"Educate and inform the whole mass of the people... They are the only sure reliance for the preservation of our liberty." Thomas Jefferson

Go to Top of Page

Delawhere Jack
1000+ Penny Miser Member

USA
1680 Posts

Posted - 06/17/2009 :  18:05:23  Show Profile Send Delawhere Jack a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by vrbsroma

Society is not going to be destroyed. The dollar is not going to be replaced with another currency. There will be inflation, not hyperinflation. Life will go on. 100 years from now who knows, but for the next 25 years life will continue the was it has. I don't anticipate anyone giving up on 200 years of "the way it is" and making such drastic changes as to abort all that we have created thus far. That being said, always be prepared.

That's the spirit! The power of positive "thinking?"

"Educate and inform the whole mass of the people... They are the only sure reliance for the preservation of our liberty." Thomas Jefferson

Edited by - Delawhere Jack on 06/17/2009 18:05:47
Go to Top of Page

Nickelless
Administrator

USA
5580 Posts

Posted - 06/17/2009 :  18:22:26  Show Profile Send Nickelless a Private Message
Is positive thinking made out of Kevlar??

---------------

Go to Top of Page

Country
1000+ Penny Miser Member

USA
3121 Posts

Posted - 06/17/2009 :  18:38:36  Show Profile Send Country a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by fb101

The way it is is dying before your very eyes comrade.
Soon the gov't will be able to deny you medical care they feel is too expensive, thus a death sentence without due process.

What's the difference if my insurance company denies my medical care or the government denies my medical care. Don't you think our government will spend more on our medical care (bigger budget deficits) than some insurance company?

The things that will destroy America are prosperity-at-any-price, peace-at-any-price, safety-first instead of duty-first, the love of soft living, and the get-rich-quick theory of life.
– Theodore Roosevelt
Go to Top of Page

Gr33nday43

Uzbekistan
10 Posts

Posted - 06/17/2009 :  18:44:53  Show Profile  Send Gr33nday43 a Yahoo! Message Send Gr33nday43 a Private Message
Of course not. Government is always inefficient in everything it does. Look at Europe, where it can take months to get a heart operation. In the United States it takes less than five days. Socialized Medicine = Higher taxes and paying for people who think they are too good to work.
Go to Top of Page

Nickelless
Administrator

USA
5580 Posts

Posted - 06/17/2009 :  18:46:31  Show Profile Send Nickelless a Private Message
Let's get back on topic, guys. This thread isn't about how irresponsibly Uncle Sam spends our money, it's about us protecting what we have.

---------------

Go to Top of Page

Gr33nday43

Uzbekistan
10 Posts

Posted - 06/17/2009 :  18:48:14  Show Profile  Send Gr33nday43 a Yahoo! Message Send Gr33nday43 a Private Message
...Liberal propaganda feeds the american sheeple lies that insurance regularly denies people treatment for no reason...In fact, the vast majority of the time it is because people didn't fill out insurance forms correctly, or they didn't buy enough insurance. Socialized medicine will create many more problems than it will solve.
Go to Top of Page

Country
1000+ Penny Miser Member

USA
3121 Posts

Posted - 06/17/2009 :  18:50:55  Show Profile Send Country a Private Message
From the way things are going, fb101 might be right when he says, "The way it is is dying before your very eyes..." However, I'm not ready to go as far as some that revolution is around the corner because the SHTF scenario is almost here. Call me naive comrades, but I still have a little hope that America just might rectify some of the problems that many of us see today.

– Theodore Roosevelt
Go to Top of Page

Nickelless
Administrator

USA
5580 Posts

Posted - 06/17/2009 :  18:51:03  Show Profile Send Nickelless a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Nickelless

Let's get back on topic, guys. This thread isn't about how irresponsibly Uncle Sam spends our money, it's about us protecting what we have.

**AHEM** **gestures wildly at topic**

---------------

Edited by - Nickelless on 06/17/2009 18:56:43
Go to Top of Page

Gr33nday43

Uzbekistan
10 Posts

Posted - 06/17/2009 :  18:58:56  Show Profile  Send Gr33nday43 a Yahoo! Message Send Gr33nday43 a Private Message
Sorry Nickelless...I had started making my reply before I saw your post.
Go to Top of Page

Country
1000+ Penny Miser Member

USA
3121 Posts

Posted - 06/17/2009 :  18:59:03  Show Profile Send Country a Private Message
Sorry....Didn't see your moderator post.

– Theodore Roosevelt
Go to Top of Page

Nickelless
Administrator

USA
5580 Posts

Posted - 06/17/2009 :  19:11:51  Show Profile Send Nickelless a Private Message
That's OK, guys, but to quote Jimmy Buffett, let's stay between the navigational beacons.

---------------

Go to Top of Page

Tourney64
1000+ Penny Miser Member

USA
1035 Posts

Posted - 06/17/2009 :  22:03:31  Show Profile Send Tourney64 a Private Message
Death came knocking at my parents door 3 years ago. A couple of large men knocked on my parents front door at 2 AM. My parents, who live in a very nice neighborhood, opened the front door but had a locked storm door, that they talked to them thru. They said their mom was in the car and she was sick and needed help, and asked if they could get some assistance. My parents are older and very religious, helpful and giving to others. My mom was just getting ready to open the door to give them some money, and the police showed up and questioned they guys. The guys mom was not in the car, as it actually had 2 more large men, and every one of them were ex-cons. These guys had knocked on several other doors in the neighborhood and someone called the police. The police said had my parents opened the storm door, they probably wouldn't be alive today. From that day forward, my dad has had a gun, and gone thru extensive training and become certified to carry the gun concealed. My dad has a whole arsenal now.
Go to Top of Page

Delawhere Jack
1000+ Penny Miser Member

USA
1680 Posts

Posted - 06/17/2009 :  22:40:19  Show Profile Send Delawhere Jack a Private Message
My father was driving through the city with his #3 son, my brother James, on Monday morning, April 4th, 1968......

A bullet came through the windshield, up high, and between the two of them. Dad, who is also a very accomplished marksman, but was unarmed at the time, blew all of the traffic lights getting the hell out of there.

That's how fast things can happen.

Go to Top of Page

Nickelless
Administrator

USA
5580 Posts

Posted - 06/17/2009 :  23:24:42  Show Profile Send Nickelless a Private Message
And less than 24 hours after I started this thread, here's the front page of our local paper that's hitting the streets in a few hours:

You must be logged in to see this link.

If the victim would've had a gun, there'd be a dead carjacker tonight in Ohio. As it is, though, I'm carrying a second magazine with me tonight just in case this guy is still in my county, where he was last spotted.

---------------

Edited by - Nickelless on 06/18/2009 00:16:38
Go to Top of Page

Tourney64
1000+ Penny Miser Member

USA
1035 Posts

Posted - 06/17/2009 :  23:27:50  Show Profile Send Tourney64 a Private Message
I get a password required message.
Go to Top of Page

theo
Penny Hoarding Member

USA
588 Posts

Posted - 06/17/2009 :  23:29:31  Show Profile Send theo a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Delawhere Jack

My father was driving through the city with his #3 son, my brother James, on Monday morning, April 4th, 1968......

A bullet came through the windshield, up high, and between the two of them. Dad, who is also a very accomplished marksman, but was unarmed at the time, blew all of the traffic lights getting the hell out of there.

Wow! wasn't that the day Martin Luther King was assassinated?

Edited by - theo on 06/17/2009 23:31:32
Go to Top of Page

Nickelless
Administrator

USA
5580 Posts

Posted - 06/18/2009 :  00:18:48  Show Profile Send Nickelless a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Tourney64

I get a password required message.

Got the link fixed, Tourney. Try it now.

---------------

Go to Top of Page

Delawhere Jack
1000+ Penny Miser Member

USA
1680 Posts

Posted - 06/18/2009 :  22:06:58  Show Profile Send Delawhere Jack a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by theo

quote:
Originally posted by Delawhere Jack

Wow! wasn't that the day Martin Luther King was assassinated?

Yes.

Edited by - Delawhere Jack on 06/18/2009 22:07:44
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Classic Realcent Archives © 2000-2010 Realcent.org Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.33 seconds. Powered By: ForumCo v3.4.05
RSS Feed 1 RSS Feed 2