Classic Realcent Archives
Classic Realcent Archives
Home | Profile | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Bullion Coins and Metals Investing Forums
 Copper Penny Bullion Investing
 Hoarding to "Fight The Man"
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

horgad
1000+ Penny Miser Member

USA
1641 Posts

Posted - 06/22/2007 :  07:47:41  Show Profile Send horgad a Private Message
Correct...nickels come in $100 boxes.
Go to Top of Page

Ardent Listener
Administrator

USA
4841 Posts

Posted - 06/22/2007 :  16:47:19  Show Profile Send Ardent Listener a Private Message
Just tell them you NEED (not want) a box of nickels. :)

Fanaticism is doubling one's efforts, yet forgetting one's purpose.
Go to Top of Page

Canadian_Nickle
Penny Hoarding Member

Canada
938 Posts

Posted - 06/22/2007 :  19:15:14  Show Profile Send Canadian_Nickle a Private Message
50 rolls at $2/roll = $100 in a box of nickels (2000 coins)

HoardCode0.1: M28/5CAON:CA5Ni35000:CA1Cu1200:CA100Ag345:
CA10Ag250:CA50Ag100:CA25Ag30:CA500Ag48:US100Ag20:CA1000Ag16

How to read a HoardCode:
You must be logged in to see this link.
Go to Top of Page

ME CO
Penny Pincher Member

USA
199 Posts

Posted - 06/23/2007 :  17:42:41  Show Profile Send ME CO a Private Message
Anybody here sorting American nickels looking for the silver ones? or do yous just buy and hold them? Sure the quarters and dimes are pretty well cleaned out but maybe most people don't know about them 3 years for the nickels- I didn't till I found out about the coinflation site and read it there. Like the guy on GIM that buys rolls of half dollars to keep from spending all his money on junk- said once in a while he gets lucky and adds to his silver stash too. Anyways your thoughts appreciated- help a newbie hoarder. Mark
Go to Top of Page

HoardCopperByTheTon
Administrator

USA
6807 Posts

Posted - 06/23/2007 :  23:26:46  Show Profile Send HoardCopperByTheTon a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by ME CO

Anybody here sorting American nickels looking for the silver ones? or do yous just buy and hold them? Sure the quarters and dimes are pretty well cleaned out but maybe most people don't know about them 3 years for the nickels- I didn't till I found out about the coinflation site and read it there. Like the guy on GIM that buys rolls of half dollars to keep from spending all his money on junk- said once in a while he gets lucky and adds to his silver stash too. Anyways your thoughts appreciated- help a newbie hoarder. Mark

Hi Mark,
Welcome to the board. I sort my American nickels. I average about 1 Silver nickel for every 3 boxes, so the yield is pretty low. I also find about 1 Pure Canadian Nickel for every 2 boxes. The number of Canadian nickels will probably vary greatly depending on your distance from the border. I have much more fun with the pennies.. averaging 20-25% with about 9 or 10 wheat cents per box.

"Preserving coinage.. 2 tons at a time"

HoardCode0.1:M48/14USCA:US1Cu639700:US5Ni2400:CA5Ni46

Edited by - HoardCopperByTheTon on 06/24/2007 16:40:50
Go to Top of Page

ME CO
Penny Pincher Member

USA
199 Posts

Posted - 06/24/2007 :  07:47:03  Show Profile Send ME CO a Private Message
Thanks for the reply, I think for now I will stick to the pennies as the zinc ones get returned and just hoard the nickels in my pocket change. I had about the same results as you- roughly 500 copper in each of the two boxes I hand sorted, 5 wheaties first box and 7 in the second. Mark
Go to Top of Page

Ardent Listener
Administrator

USA
4841 Posts

Posted - 06/24/2007 :  17:52:04  Show Profile Send Ardent Listener a Private Message
I'm not sorting my American nickels....yet. I have though gone through some lose nickels at times and found some silver nickels and 100% nickel Canadian nickels mixed in there. In fact, I got a 100%er the other day in my change.

Fanaticism is doubling one's efforts, yet forgetting one's purpose.
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

132 Posts

Posted - 06/25/2007 :  05:23:20  Show Profile Send n/a a Private Message
I dont really sort the nickels.

If they are Fed wrap...I leave them like that.

Hand/Customer wrap...I just make sure its a
full roll of 40.

Like many here i keep a toooo the "PENNY" count of
my investment.

Oh...Welcome to the forum ME CO !

"To the uninformed, pocket change.
To the informed, an investment."
Go to Top of Page

ME CO
Penny Pincher Member

USA
199 Posts

Posted - 06/25/2007 :  07:21:11  Show Profile Send ME CO a Private Message
Thanks for the welcome. Yesterday I was sorting some other pocket change here in the house, got the copper pennies- then the nickels- then while looking for a 1982 dime with no mint mark I got surprised with a 1964 silver beauty. Seems not all the silver has been skinned from the dimes in circulation yet, no I'm not going to get a box of dimes haha. I am out of sorting pennies though- time to hit the bank. Off to work, Mark
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Classic Realcent Archives © 2000-2010 Realcent.org Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.12 seconds. Powered By: ForumCo v3.4.05
RSS Feed 1 RSS Feed 2