Classic Realcent Archives
Classic Realcent Archives
Home | Profile | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Bullion Coins and Metals Investing Forums
 Nickel Bullion & CuNi Bullion Coins
 Singapore
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

G Powerbuck
Penny Collector Member

USA
256 Posts

Posted - 04/10/2009 :  18:32:40  Show Profile Send G Powerbuck a Private Message
I just found a coin from Singapore in my nickels. It is a twenty cents coin from 1986. The interesting thing about this coin is that Singapore is written if 4 languages on the coin, it is spelled Sincapore, Singapura, and in two other languages I cant type on the keyboard. It looks like this You must be logged in to see this link.
This is not my coin but it looks the same. It was a pretty interesting find, and looks like it could actually be worth something!

AGgressive Metal
Administrator

USA
1937 Posts

Posted - 04/11/2009 :  10:34:04  Show Profile Send AGgressive Metal a Private Message
That starting bid was not in US dollars, it was in Malaysian currency ( that what the RM stands for). Singapore dollars are worth about 65% of the US dollar, so your coin is worth about 15 cents. Interesting find for sure though!

And he that hath lyberte ought to kepe hit wel / For nothyng is better than lyberte / For lyberte shold not be wel sold for alle the gold and syluer of all the world.
-Caxton's edition of Aesop's Fables, 1484
Go to Top of Page

G Powerbuck
Penny Collector Member

USA
256 Posts

Posted - 04/11/2009 :  14:29:20  Show Profile Send G Powerbuck a Private Message
Wow, I'm not used to eBay so I didn't even realize it wasn't in US dollars.
Go to Top of Page

AGgressive Metal
Administrator

USA
1937 Posts

Posted - 04/11/2009 :  15:53:23  Show Profile Send AGgressive Metal a Private Message
You were surfing Malaysian Ebay somehow - I guess there are plenty of Malaysians who speak English since it was a British colony.

And he that hath lyberte ought to kepe hit wel / For nothyng is better than lyberte / For lyberte shold not be wel sold for alle the gold and syluer of all the world.
-Caxton's edition of Aesop's Fables, 1484
Go to Top of Page

jadedragon
Administrator

Canada
3788 Posts

Posted - 05/09/2009 :  03:31:33  Show Profile Send jadedragon a Private Message
I've got a fair amount of experiance in Malaysia (wife is from Malaysia) and yes, lots of Malaysians speak English. When you search for eBay photos you may stumble on all kinds of eBay sites around the world.

The four languages on the Singapore coins are the official languages in Singapore: English, Malay, Chinese, and Tamil.
More info here: You must be logged in to see this link.

“The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.” – George Bernard Shaw.
Why Copper Bullion ~~~ Interview with Silver Bullion Producer Market Harmony
Passive Income blog
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Classic Realcent Archives © 2000-2010 Realcent.org Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.12 seconds. Powered By: ForumCo v3.4.05
RSS Feed 1 RSS Feed 2