Classic Realcent Archives
Classic Realcent Archives
Home | Profile | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Bullion Coins and Metals Investing Forums
 Nickel Bullion & CuNi Bullion Coins
 200$ nics
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

cwgii
Penny Hoarding Member

USA
924 Posts

Posted - 12/23/2008 :  08:59:28  Show Profile Send cwgii a Private Message
yielded two wars, two cdn. my first old enough to be nickle. a 1965

Mikep2020
Penny Collector Member

USA
402 Posts

Posted - 12/23/2008 :  11:37:13  Show Profile Send Mikep2020 a Private Message
I don't know about anyone else, but only 2 war nickels? I've only been sorting for a short time, so I don't know whats normal for finding war nickels, but if I don't get at least 1 war nickel for every 5 rolls I sort, i'm low. I even get war nicks as change from businesses at least once every week or two. The amount of pre-63 nickels around here is huge. I can get at least 2 rolls of pre-63's from a $100 box with a good percentage of 39-41's
Go to Top of Page

Cody8404
Penny Hoarding Member

USA
602 Posts

Posted - 12/23/2008 :  11:41:09  Show Profile Send Cody8404 a Private Message
Haven't seen a silver nickel for about 10 years. But then I am not looking through rolls of nickels.

Awake, O kings of the earth! Come ye, O, come ye, with your gold and your silver, to the help of my people, to the house of the daughters of Zion, to the help of the people of the God of this Land even Jesus Christ.
Go to Top of Page

TenBears
1000+ Penny Miser Member

USA
1021 Posts

Posted - 12/23/2008 :  11:56:46  Show Profile Send TenBears a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Mikep2020

I don't know about anyone else, but only 2 war nickels? I've only been sorting for a short time, so I don't know whats normal for finding war nickels, but if I don't get at least 1 war nickel for every 5 rolls I sort, i'm low. I even get war nicks as change from businesses at least once every week or two. The amount of pre-63 nickels around here is huge. I can get at least 2 rolls of pre-63's from a $100 box with a good percentage of 39-41's

Mike, you are getting an extremely high return compared to the rest of us. I only get two war nickels for about every 3 boxes sorted. I average less than 1 per box. Congratulations to cwgii on the two you found.

"Rich," the Old Man said dreamily, "is not baying after what you can't have. Rich is having the time to do what you want to do. Rich is a little whiskey to drink and some food to eat and a roof over your head and a fish pole and a boat and a gun and a dollar for a box of shells. Rich is not owing any money to anybody, and not spending what you haven't got." Robert Ruark

there are too wild Indians...
there are too wild Indians...
there are too wild Indians...-----still taunted

Go to Top of Page

cwgii
Penny Hoarding Member

USA
924 Posts

Posted - 12/23/2008 :  12:08:18  Show Profile Send cwgii a Private Message
i was happy to see them.

now onto the dimes.
Go to Top of Page

fb101
Administrator

USA
2856 Posts

Posted - 12/23/2008 :  18:13:31  Show Profile Send fb101 a Private Message
I'm ditto Ten Bears. I would like to always get one per box.
Where in the world are you????

Go to Top of Page

knibloe
1000+ Penny Miser Member

USA
1066 Posts

Posted - 12/23/2008 :  20:17:31  Show Profile Send knibloe a Private Message
A while back I bought 7 bags. these were supposed to have been brought in by an old lady whose father had died.

I sorted the first bag. nothing. I found one in the second bag. I sorted the third bag last week. 6 silvers!!! Hopefully, the other 4 look as good. The newest coin in this last bag was 1982. I'm hoping to join the buffalo hunters club, but no luck so far.
Go to Top of Page

JerrySpringer
Penny Hoarding Member

669 Posts

Posted - 12/24/2008 :  09:54:50  Show Profile Send JerrySpringer a Private Message
quote:
I don't know about anyone else, but only 2 war nickels? I've only been sorting for a short time, so I don't know whats normal for finding war nickels, but if I don't get at least 1 war nickel for every 5 rolls I sort, i'm low.

War nickels are the 1942 to 1945 era ones. If you are finding at least one of those for every $10 you sort, you have hit a major mother lode.
Go to Top of Page

jadedragon
Administrator

Canada
3788 Posts

Posted - 01/13/2009 :  03:25:22  Show Profile Send jadedragon a Private Message
I do a lot of nickels since I target Canadian Ni. Granted I'm looking at Canadian rolls, but I get a lot of US nickels in those rolls (deposit them in my US account for an exchange profit). Only found 2 or 3 war nicks in nearly a year. I doubt most Canadian know what a silver war nic is = I didn't until I came here and learned about them.

btw - I deleted the duplicate thread to this one.

“The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.” – George Bernard Shaw.
Why Copper Bullion ~~~ Interview with Silver Bullion Producer Market Harmony
Passive Income blog
Go to Top of Page

Mikep2020
Penny Collector Member

USA
402 Posts

Posted - 01/27/2009 :  09:59:36  Show Profile Send Mikep2020 a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by fb101

I'm ditto Ten Bears. I would like to always get one per box.
Where in the world are you????

Sorry for the late reply, but I just saw this question just now. I am in the Boston, MA area. I am very surprised that none of you guys see alot of war nicks in circulation, I thought they were as common as wheat pennies because they look the same as regular nickels. I haven't sorted any nickels in a few weeks because I have been focusing on pennies lately. I am going to start doing nickels again starting with the box I picked up last week thats been sitting on my desk at home waiting to be sorted.
I know! A box thats been in my possession for 4-5 days and I haven't even cracked a single roll yet!
Go to Top of Page

vrbsroma
Penny Collector Member

394 Posts

Posted - 03/25/2009 :  21:55:34  Show Profile Send vrbsroma a Private Message
I've gone through a few boxes of nickels, maybe four or five, in the last year. I got like 10 war nickels. Not too bad; not too good.

As far as I know, it is stated "In God We Trust" on the US dollar. How can I trust this currency if I do not believe in God?

Possession is nine-tenths of the law.

When I give my two cents, they're always copper!
Go to Top of Page

Pennyworth
Penny Sorter Member

USA
83 Posts

Posted - 04/22/2009 :  05:02:09  Show Profile Send Pennyworth a Private Message
I've been finding more silver war nickels and buffalo nickels this year per box. The last two boxes I've done have had one of each in them.
Go to Top of Page

slickeast
1000+ Penny Miser Member

USA
2533 Posts

Posted - 04/22/2009 :  07:29:33  Show Profile Send slickeast a Private Message
I got my 1st bag of nickels monday. Had 1941's and 1946's but no war nickels. I am gonna try to pick up a bag at the CU near the old mill and see if the ole timers are cashing in their change jars due to the economy.

The last war nickel I found was in my 3rd shift stockers till at work. This is also where I find my silver dimes.

You don't have to be the BEST you just have to be.......SLICK

Go to Top of Page

Computer Jones
1000+ Penny Miser Member

USA
1112 Posts

Posted - 04/22/2009 :  22:11:30  Show Profile Send Computer Jones a Private Message
Are the non-Silver War Nickles worth much?
I find more '42 to '45 without the big mint mark.

There's profit if you melt things!!
8{>
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Classic Realcent Archives © 2000-2010 Realcent.org Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.18 seconds. Powered By: ForumCo v3.4.05
RSS Feed 1 RSS Feed 2