Classic Realcent Archives
Classic Realcent Archives
Home | Profile | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Bullion Coins and Metals Investing Forums
 Nickel Bullion & CuNi Bullion Coins
 westward journey and 2005 buffalos
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

gothboi30
Penny Collector Member

USA
286 Posts

Posted - 11/19/2008 :  18:30:14  Show Profile Send gothboi30 a Private Message
I have 90 westward journey and 2005 buffalo nickels from my recent box sort. Are these worth saving? Does anyone collect these? Is there a market for these here or on Ebay? I'd like to know if I should hold on to them, sell them, or return them to the bank w/ the other nickels that aren't worth collecting. Thanks.

TenBears
1000+ Penny Miser Member

USA
1021 Posts

Posted - 11/20/2008 :  04:07:28  Show Profile Send TenBears a Private Message
I save WJ nickels. Are they worth anything? Probably not, but my grandchildren may like them.

"Rich," the Old Man said dreamily, "is not baying after what you can't have. Rich is having the time to do what you want to do. Rich is a little whiskey to drink and some food to eat and a roof over your head and a fish pole and a boat and a gun and a dollar for a box of shells. Rich is not owing any money to anybody, and not spending what you haven't got." Robert Ruark

there are too wild Indians...
there are too wild Indians...
there are too wild Indians...-----still taunted

Go to Top of Page

cwgii
Penny Hoarding Member

USA
924 Posts

Posted - 11/20/2008 :  07:34:36  Show Profile Send cwgii a Private Message
i sorted $666 worth , and also tried to ask if anyone wanted them. got no responses , so they went back. but seperated, so just maybe someone will get a full roll , down the road.
Go to Top of Page

Cerulean
Penny Hoarding Member

USA
993 Posts

Posted - 11/20/2008 :  10:21:42  Show Profile Send Cerulean a Private Message
Consider that the market for early Jefferson nickels 1938-1963 is still in its infancy, and those nickels are less than 2.5% of my sorts. In comparison, wheat cents are about 0.5% of my cent sorts. Right now, WJ nickels account for about 8% of my sorted nickels. They'd have to dip down to 2% before I'd think of saving them.

Sorting Map
2010 First Finds Contest
Are you a Buffalo Hunter?
Wanna take seignorage away from the Fed? Spend *any* coins!
We cannot afford this government.
Cerulean's Standing Offer: $3/lb shipped for foreign coins
Go to Top of Page

Computer Jones
1000+ Penny Miser Member

USA
1112 Posts

Posted - 11/22/2008 :  00:36:27  Show Profile Send Computer Jones a Private Message
I like the Buffaloes and save them just because I like them.
I'll probably stop when I get 5 roles each of P's & D's.

There's profit if you melt things!!
8{>
Go to Top of Page

PreservingThePast
1000+ Penny Miser Member

USA
1572 Posts

Posted - 11/22/2008 :  10:29:25  Show Profile Send PreservingThePast a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by gothboi30

I have 90 westward journey and 2005 buffalo nickels from my recent box sort. Are these worth saving? Does anyone collect these? Is there a market for these here or on Ebay? I'd like to know if I should hold on to them, sell them, or return them to the bank w/ the other nickels that aren't worth collecting. Thanks.

I think the Ocean in View reverse is a beautiful design. However, even though I am saving some of these I doubt they will be worth any premium in my life time. Perhaps for my son in his old age they may fetch something extra.

Everytime I sort nickels I keep hoping that an old buffalo will have jumped into the roll to try to hide among the newer buffalos. None so far though for me. But hope springs eternal.

Enjoy searching.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Classic Realcent Archives © 2000-2010 Realcent.org Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.09 seconds. Powered By: ForumCo v3.4.05
RSS Feed 1 RSS Feed 2