Classic Realcent Archives
Classic Realcent Archives
Home | Profile | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Bullion Coins and Metals Investing Forums
 Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals
 Silver Bullion question
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

wagsthadog
Penny Hoarding Member

USA
565 Posts

Posted - 09/21/2008 :  22:19:39  Show Profile Send wagsthadog a Private Message
Hi all,

I usually don't mind what designs or art are on my silver rounds and bars, just as long as they say "one troy ounce fine (or .999) silver).

However, I saw that there is a brand of silver bullion maker that have their bars and coins sectioned on the reverse into partitions. For instance, a 1 oz silver round, made by this refiner, has sections of 1/2 oz, and 2 1/4 oz on its reverse, with lines detailing the precise amount. So, if neede, you could cut the coin (or bar) along the lines and get the 1/2 or 1/4 oz of silver, conveniently labeled.

Hope that makes sense, and I wish I had a picture to show this, but I don't, and I was wondering if anyone knows exactly who this refiner is and what their products are.

I know it's a gimmick, and you could cut an ordinary silver round into pieces the same way, but I like the Rambo-style labeled sections this refiner makes their bullion with.

Anyway, if anyone knows who they are, I'd appreciate it!

wags

Only when they CAN'T have it, ......THEN they'll want it.

I love Cents. If you get an UNC box, you win. If you get a regular circ. box, you win. If you get a zinc box, you don't lose....so you still win.

natsb88
Administrator

USA
1850 Posts

Posted - 09/22/2008 :  00:02:49  Show Profile Send natsb88 a Private Message
Here's one: You must be logged in to see this link.

I think I might have one in my collection...I'll take a look when I get a chance.

Nate
The Copper Cave

Go to Top of Page

jadedragon
Administrator

Canada
3788 Posts

Posted - 09/22/2008 :  04:24:14  Show Profile Send jadedragon a Private Message
I have two bars like you discribe. Front shows International Trade Unit, Two US flags, An Eagle and a Bell, somewhat like the coin Natsb88 linked. Stars and a wreath around border. Also very small "c c m" and the words "one troy ounce .999 fine silver. Back side of one is divided into 1/4 sections marked with "1/4 oz,.999 fine silver" in each section. The other one is divided in 1/2 and marked similarly. They are kind of interesting. Don't know about dividing the bar... and unclear who the minter is.

“The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.” – George Bernard Shaw.
Why Copper Bullion ~~~ Interview with Silver Bullion Producer Market Harmony
Passive Income blog
Go to Top of Page

natsb88
Administrator

USA
1850 Posts

Posted - 09/22/2008 :  15:24:40  Show Profile Send natsb88 a Private Message
Found mine.

It's an "International Trade Unit" round with the scales on the front, and it's divided into 4 quarter-ounce wedges on the back. No mint name or mark.

Nate
The Copper Cave

Go to Top of Page

byro007
Penny Collector Member

USA
399 Posts

Posted - 09/22/2008 :  20:05:21  Show Profile  Click to see byro007's MSN Messenger address  Send byro007 a Yahoo! Message Send byro007 a Private Message
Thats for when the economy goes to hell you can just break off some silver and use it for purchases. They have the right idea
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Classic Realcent Archives © 2000-2010 Realcent.org Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.12 seconds. Powered By: ForumCo v3.4.05
RSS Feed 1 RSS Feed 2