Classic Realcent Archives
Classic Realcent Archives
Home | Profile | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Bullion Coins and Metals Investing Forums
 Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals
 Is silver going to drop below $15 next week?
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 4

Nickelless
Administrator

USA
5580 Posts

Posted - 08/08/2008 :  17:07:58  Show Profile Send Nickelless a Private Message
Just noticed on Coinflation that today's closing price was $15.29. I'm hoping the price drops or at least holds steady through next Friday so I can buy my heart out with money I'll have by then.

Visit my new preparedness site: Preparedness.cc/SurvivalPrep.net
--Latest article: Stocking up on spices to keep food preps lively

---------------

Be prepared...and prepared to help: http://www.survivalblog.com/charity.html

Are you ready spiritually for hard times? http://www.jesusfreak.com/rapture.asp

Edited by - Nickelless on 08/08/2008 17:09:48

Ardent Listener
Administrator

USA
4841 Posts

Posted - 08/08/2008 :  18:17:39  Show Profile Send Ardent Listener a Private Message
As I posted before, I think the name of the game right now is the price of oil in U.S. dollars. Today oil was down to $15.20 and we came close to $15.00 silver far faster than I had expected. If oil continues to drop I fully expect silver and gold to do the same.

I look at it this way, silver is not going down.........the dollar is going back up. There is no more silver on the market or being produced than there was a month ago. This, in my opinon, is extreamely good news all the way around if you didn't plan on selling your silver anytime soon.

Realcent.forumco.com disclosure. Please read.
All posts either by the members, moderators, and the administration of http://realcent.forumco.com are for your edification and amusement only. It is not the intent of realcent.forumco.com or its host to provide investment, medical, matrimonial, legal, security or tax advice and nothing posted here should be considered to be so. All rights reserved.

Think positive.
Go to Top of Page

jpf231
Penny Collector Member

USA
340 Posts

Posted - 08/08/2008 :  18:41:00  Show Profile Send jpf231 a Private Message
I thought it had support at $15.60.
Go to Top of Page

Ardent Listener
Administrator

USA
4841 Posts

Posted - 08/08/2008 :  18:45:44  Show Profile Send Ardent Listener a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by jpf231

I thought it had support at $15.60.

Just think of all of those with leveraged silver future contracts saying that now.

All posts either by the members, moderators, and the administration of http://realcent.forumco.com are for your edification and amusement only. It is not the intent of realcent.forumco.com or its host to provide investment, medical, matrimonial, legal, security or tax advice and nothing posted here should be considered to be so. All rights reserved.

Think positive.
Go to Top of Page

fb101
Administrator

USA
2856 Posts

Posted - 08/08/2008 :  19:28:07  Show Profile Send fb101 a Private Message
I was one of those saying out loud there was a hold at $15.50....
Ouch!
I'm wondering about this though... I think there's a lot of speculation happening. Dollar up some
infinitesimal percentage, silver down 20%.... hmmmmm..... Interesting though, Gold is (so far) holding it's recent bottom in the $850 range.

Go to Top of Page

jpf231
Penny Collector Member

USA
340 Posts

Posted - 08/09/2008 :  07:58:57  Show Profile Send jpf231 a Private Message
I don't understand it - the bottom falling out for commodities - it's got to be all about oil dropping and dropping and dropping, not so much the dollar.
Go to Top of Page

TenBears
1000+ Penny Miser Member

USA
1021 Posts

Posted - 08/09/2008 :  09:51:04  Show Profile Send TenBears a Private Message
I don't wish ill on any of my fellow hoarders, and I am sorry if anybody here is getting hurt by the price drop. However, a drop in price just helps us all buy more for the long term. I wish that I had had some discretionary income back when silver was $5 an ounce.

"Rich," the Old Man said dreamily, "is not baying after what you can't have. Rich is having the time to do what you want to do. Rich is a little whiskey to drink and some food to eat and a roof over your head and a fish pole and a boat and a gun and a dollar for a box of shells. Rich is not owing any money to anybody, and not spending what you haven't got." Robert Ruark

there are too wild Indians...
there are too wild Indians...-----still taunted

Go to Top of Page

moboman
1000+ Penny Miser Member

USA
2555 Posts

Posted - 08/09/2008 :  10:21:25  Show Profile Send moboman a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Ardent Listener

As I posted before, I think the name of the game right now is the price of oil in U.S. dollars. Today oil was down to $15.20 and we came close to $15.00 silver far faster than I had expected. If oil continues to drop I fully expect silver and gold to do the same.

I look at it this way, silver is not going down.........the dollar is going back up. There is no more silver on the market or being produced than there was a month ago. This, in my opinon, is extreamely good news all the way around if you didn't plan on selling your silver anytime soon.

sure wish these drops were at the pump! Gas is 3.69 here.

"99% of all lawyers give the rest of them a bad name"

Go to Top of Page

Neckro
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Saudi Arabia
2080 Posts

Posted - 08/09/2008 :  12:40:29  Show Profile  Send Neckro an AOL message  Click to see Neckro's MSN Messenger address  Send Neckro a Yahoo! Message Send Neckro a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by moboman

quote:

Gas here a few months back was almost 5bucks a gallon, the 3.60-90 now is freakin' amazing.

Trolling is an art.
Go to Top of Page

Ardent Listener
Administrator

USA
4841 Posts

Posted - 08/09/2008 :  14:54:49  Show Profile Send Ardent Listener a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by jpf231

I don't understand it - the bottom falling out for commodities - it's got to be all about oil dropping and dropping and dropping, not so much the dollar.

Chicken or the egg; oil or the dollar; which came first? Either way it's what's happening now and all we can do is to use it to our advantage. My advice is if anyone thinks there is or will be a physical shortage of silver then buy while it is still down. I may be moving a metric ton of nickels into it soon.

Think positive.
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

25 Posts

Posted - 08/09/2008 :  17:16:00  Show Profile Send n/a a Private Message
quote:

Very true no more silver on the market then last month there is however billions of new FRN that where created by the fed. Basic supply and demand and logic say that silver should be up not down.

Remember The bull bucks hard.

When the government fears the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny.
Go to Top of Page

Nickelless
Administrator

USA
5580 Posts

Posted - 08/09/2008 :  17:24:23  Show Profile Send Nickelless a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by casperscoins

quote:

Very true no more silver on the market then last month there is however billions of new FRN that where created by the fed. Basic supply and demand and logic say that silver should be up not down.

Remember The bull bucks hard.

But in the end, the FRNs are toilet paper, which is why we're hoarding metals in the first place.

Visit my new preparedness site: Preparedness.cc/SurvivalPrep.net
--Latest article: Stocking up on spices to keep food preps lively

---------------

Be prepared...and prepared to help: http://www.survivalblog.com/charity.html

Are you ready spiritually for hard times? http://www.jesusfreak.com/rapture.asp
Go to Top of Page

aboxaweek
Penny Collector Member

USA
326 Posts

Posted - 08/09/2008 :  18:12:34  Show Profile Send aboxaweek a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Neckro

quote:
Originally posted by moboman

quote:

Gas here a few months back was almost 5bucks a gallon, the 3.60-90 now is freakin' amazing.

gas here is also 3.69 are we close?

I hope that silver might drop to $13 or so so i can get some!

*HUCKABEE*
___08'____
Go to Top of Page

Ardent Listener
Administrator

USA
4841 Posts

Posted - 08/09/2008 :  18:57:11  Show Profile Send Ardent Listener a Private Message
$3.55 gasoline around here.........hold on, you just might get some of that $13.00 silver after all.

Think positive.
Go to Top of Page

Cody8404
Penny Hoarding Member

USA
602 Posts

Posted - 08/09/2008 :  19:19:08  Show Profile Send Cody8404 a Private Message
Gas here is down to $4.09 a gallon.

I bought a little silver, well all I could afford. I am betting we are at or near the bottom.

Awake, O kings of the earth! Come ye, O, come ye, with your gold and your silver, to the help of my people, to the house of the daughters of Zion, to the help of the people of the God of this Land even Jesus Christ.
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

139 Posts

Posted - 08/09/2008 :  20:39:24  Show Profile Send n/a a Private Message
3.68/gal here. never thought id say im happy to see that!!
looking through ebay it seems engelhard prospectors are still at or above $20.
wht such a premium on these, i was getting them at the coin shop for spot-.25 now hes all out.
was i getting a deal or is there a large premium? ive bought many many rolls at spot -.25.
maybe time for an auction?
Go to Top of Page

jadedragon
Administrator

Canada
3788 Posts

Posted - 08/10/2008 :  13:23:28  Show Profile Send jadedragon a Private Message
I think we are going to see a serious shortage of physical silver. I just picked up 50 silver war nicks for well under spot on ebay, but I lucked out finding them mis-catagorized and ending at a wierd time. Prices on ebay lag the spot market on the down trend, and rush the spot market on the up trend.

“The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.” – George Bernard Shaw.
Why Copper Bullion ~~~ Interview with Silver Bullion Producer Market Harmony
Passive Income blog
Go to Top of Page

Ardent Listener
Administrator

USA
4841 Posts

Posted - 08/10/2008 :  14:21:57  Show Profile Send Ardent Listener a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by legacypac

I think we are going to see a serious shortage of physical silver. I just picked up 50 silver war nicks for well under spot on ebay, but I lucked out finding them mis-catagorized and ending at a wierd time. Prices on ebay lag the spot market on the down trend, and rush the spot market on the up trend.

That's the beauty of silver in my opinion. We don't have to see the dollar tank to come out way ahead. If it does then we are protected. If it doesn't then life goes on and more and more silver is being used up and not recycled. I'll hold off a few more years to get rich and maybe even still have the economy intact.

Think positive.
Go to Top of Page

daviscfad
1000+ Penny Miser Member

USA
1664 Posts

Posted - 08/10/2008 :  18:13:02  Show Profile Send daviscfad a Private Message
I am glad silver is coming down b/c i am not selling right now. I think platinum took the worst hit though

Inquiring minds want to know
Go to Top of Page

pappy

14 Posts

Posted - 08/11/2008 :  11:31:07  Show Profile Send pappy a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Nickelless

Just noticed on Coinflation that today's closing price was $15.29. I'm hoping the price drops or at least holds steady through next Friday so I can buy my heart out with money I'll have by then.

Yes.

pappy
Go to Top of Page

TenBears
1000+ Penny Miser Member

USA
1021 Posts

Posted - 08/11/2008 :  11:39:20  Show Profile Send TenBears a Private Message
Silver and Gold falling fast today.

"Rich," the Old Man said dreamily, "is not baying after what you can't have. Rich is having the time to do what you want to do. Rich is a little whiskey to drink and some food to eat and a roof over your head and a fish pole and a boat and a gun and a dollar for a box of shells. Rich is not owing any money to anybody, and not spending what you haven't got." Robert Ruark

Go to Top of Page

moboman
1000+ Penny Miser Member

USA
2555 Posts

Posted - 08/11/2008 :  11:56:23  Show Profile Send moboman a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by TenBears

Silver and Gold falling fast today.

I wish I was off work so I could go buy some!

"99% of all lawyers give the rest of them a bad name"

Go to Top of Page

daviscfad
1000+ Penny Miser Member

USA
1664 Posts

Posted - 08/11/2008 :  11:59:42  Show Profile Send daviscfad a Private Message
Below 15 right now as we type. Apmex gives it at 14.68

Inquiring minds want to know
Go to Top of Page

jadedragon
Administrator

Canada
3788 Posts

Posted - 08/11/2008 :  12:43:05  Show Profile Send jadedragon a Private Message
Platinum, Plalatium, Silver and Gold showing straight down charts today. Like gravity is pulling on them or something. Sell, Sell, Sell I can hear it now!

“The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.” – George Bernard Shaw.
Why Copper Bullion ~~~ Interview with Silver Bullion Producer Market Harmony
Passive Income blog
Go to Top of Page

TenBears
1000+ Penny Miser Member

USA
1021 Posts

Posted - 08/11/2008 :  12:57:11  Show Profile Send TenBears a Private Message
quote:

Platinum, Plalatium, Silver and Gold showing straight down charts today. Like gravity is pulling on them or something. Sell, Sell, Sell I can hear it now!

The Duke brothers are losing their ass etts, and Billy Ray and Louis are getting rich!

Go to Top of Page

Ant
Penny Hoarding Member

USA
894 Posts

Posted - 08/11/2008 :  13:06:42  Show Profile Send Ant a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by TenBears

quote:

The Duke brothers are losing their ass etts, and Billy Ray and Louis are getting rich!

Love that movie!

Lovely dimes, the liveliest coin, the one that really jingles. --Truman Capote

Coins are the metallic footprints of the history of nations. --William H. Woodin
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 4 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Classic Realcent Archives © 2000-2010 Realcent.org Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.23 seconds. Powered By: ForumCo v3.4.05
RSS Feed 1 RSS Feed 2