Classic Realcent Archives
Classic Realcent Archives
Home | Profile | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Bullion Coins and Metals Investing Forums
 Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals
 Bearish story on PM
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

fb101
Administrator

USA
2856 Posts

Posted - 07/23/2008 :  14:02:19  Show Profile Send fb101 a Private Message
I'd curious about other peoples take on this article. I cannot make up my mind.

You must be logged in to see this link.

Edited by - fb101 on 07/23/2008 14:02:41

horgad
1000+ Penny Miser Member

USA
1641 Posts

Posted - 07/23/2008 :  14:42:55  Show Profile Send horgad a Private Message
"Prices skirted a low of $920 during Wednesday NY session, and threatened to take the metal back to the high $800's if the pattern continues."

Chartwise I agree with the above, but that guy is mixing too many commodities up in the same basket. Notice how he brings up jewelery demand when he talks about POG. POG is not about jewelery and it is not an ordinary commodity. It is a currency that should be weighed against and compared to the returns made on other currencies.

And to that effect, nothing fundamental has changed to make the dollar more desirable and to make gold less desirable. If anything, fundamentals are pointing towards higher gold. Freddie/Fannie being bailed out is good for gold and bad for the dollar. Paulson and others jawboning about a strong dollar policy is meaningless.

Now if they actually start raising interest rates that would be a different story, but keep in mind that they would have to raise rates to 8+ percent just to break even with inflation and give people a reason to move out of gold and back into the dollar.
Go to Top of Page

Cody8404
Penny Hoarding Member

USA
602 Posts

Posted - 07/23/2008 :  16:50:55  Show Profile Send Cody8404 a Private Message
This sounds like most of the financial news folks.

Monday -- Stock Market up, interest rates down, oil down, gold down, the commentators say, “The world is great and everything is bliss.”

Tuesday – Stock Market down, interest rates up, oil up, gold up, the commentators say, “The world is coming to an end prepare for Armageddon.”

It really amazes me just how quickly they change their tunes. Personally I think these wild swings are preparing for a large drop in the markets and rise in commodities.

Awake, O kings of the earth! Come ye, O, come ye, with your gold and your silver, to the help of my people, to the house of the daughters of Zion, to the help of the people of the God of this Land even Jesus Christ.
Go to Top of Page

pencilvanian
1000+ Penny Miser Member

USA
2209 Posts

Posted - 07/23/2008 :  16:58:10  Show Profile Send pencilvanian a Private Message
Prior commentaries from Mr. Nadler have been bearish towards precious metals, at least that is how I have been reading them.

A quote from the above mentioned story-

"Oil declined as the U.S. government reported a weekly gain in inventories of gasoline and distillate fuels, which include heating oil and diesel. Gasoline supplies increased 2.85 million barrels to 217.1 million barrels in the week ended July 18, the Energy Department reported. Inventories of distillate fuels rose 2.42 million barrels to 128.1 million, the department said in its weekly report."

How very convienient that oil inventories have increased while downplaying (or ignoring) the fact that oil consumption has decreased due to higher gas and diesel prices.

Go to Top of Page

Nickelless
Administrator

USA
5580 Posts

Posted - 07/24/2008 :  02:13:20  Show Profile Send Nickelless a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by horgad

"Prices skirted a low of $920 during Wednesday NY session, and threatened to take the metal back to the high $800's if the pattern continues."

Chartwise I agree with the above, but that guy is mixing too many commodities up in the same basket. Notice how he brings up jewelery demand when he talks about POG. POG is not about jewelery and it is not an ordinary commodity. It is a currency that should be weighed against and compared to the returns made on other currencies.

And to that effect, nothing fundamental has changed to make the dollar more desirable and to make gold less desirable. If anything, fundamentals are pointing towards higher gold. Freddie/Fannie being bailed out is good for gold and bad for the dollar. Paulson and others jawboning about a strong dollar policy is meaningless.

Now if they actually start raising interest rates that would be a different story, but keep in mind that they would have to raise rates to 8+ percent just to break even with inflation and give people a reason to move out of gold and back into the dollar.

It's even more basic than that. If financial talking heads really started educating the masses about the valueless, empty fiat system, we would have civil war in no time if people really understood that their money is backed by faith in the U.S. government and nothing more. Better to start a grass-roots campaign to educate people on how to survive after the inevitable crash, whenever it comes. There's no amount of tinkering or window dressing that Paulson or Bernanke or anyone else can do to give retroactive value to the fiat system. The least-worst thing that can be done is to slowly but surely prepare people for the crash so that when it happens, they will both understand in retrospect why it happened and can understand where things can and/or should go after the dollar dies and the rebuilding starts.

In the meantime, hoard as much as you can, while you can, and don't listen to the talking heads who are advocating for the fiat system. We know more than they do, not because we're more educated, but because we aren't in denial about the futility of the fiat system.

Visit my new preparedness site: Preparedness.cc/SurvivalPrep.net
--Latest article: Stocking up on spices to keep food preps lively

---------------

Be prepared...and prepared to help: http://www.survivalblog.com/charity.html

Are you ready spiritually for hard times? http://www.jesusfreak.com/rapture.asp

Edited by - Nickelless on 07/24/2008 02:19:19
Go to Top of Page

daviscfad
1000+ Penny Miser Member

USA
1664 Posts

Posted - 07/24/2008 :  17:10:10  Show Profile Send daviscfad a Private Message
quote:
In the meantime, hoard as much as you can, while you can, and don't listen to the talking heads who are advocating for the fiat system.

I agree with that.
so what if gold or silver or platinum or palladium fall in price. personally i hope the do fall some more so i can hoard up b/c it will go back up again. Gold will always be gold. One day the fed will be no more and your paper dollar will be no good. I wouldn't let the big guys talk you out of hoarding gold and other precious metals. You might not make as much money as quick off of it as you might the stock market but i consider it safer b/c of what it is

Inquiring minds want to know
Go to Top of Page

CoinHunter53562
1000+ Penny Miser Member

USA
1805 Posts

Posted - 07/24/2008 :  22:21:13  Show Profile Send CoinHunter53562 a Private Message
quote:
I agree with that.
so what if gold or silver or platinum or palladium fall in price. personally i hope the do fall some more so i can hoard up b/c it will go back up again. Gold will always be gold. One day the fed will be no more and your paper dollar will be no good. I wouldn't let the big guys talk you out of hoarding gold and other precious metals. You might not make as much money as quick off of it as you might the stock market but i consider it safer b/c of what it is

Yep it will have its up and downs, especially during the slow summer season but many experts seem to predict silver hitting somewhere around $25-$26 per ounce later this year, early next year. I am holding onto my measley hoard for the long haul regardless.

My hobby: collecting real money 1 copper cent or nickel at a time.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Classic Realcent Archives © 2000-2010 Realcent.org Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.11 seconds. Powered By: ForumCo v3.4.05
RSS Feed 1 RSS Feed 2