Classic Realcent Archives
Classic Realcent Archives
Home | Profile | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Bullion Coins and Metals Investing Forums
 Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals
 Whats a good place to buy silver dollars
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Lemon Thrower
1000+ Penny Miser Member

USA
1588 Posts

Posted - 07/09/2008 :  16:06:52  Show Profile Send Lemon Thrower a Private Message
specifically bullion style Peace or Morgans, either circulated or AU. I am aware of brokencc.com which looks pretty good. Anything better?

Buying:
Peace/Morgan G+ at $15.00
copper cents at 1.3X
wheat pennies at 3X

CoinHunter53562
1000+ Penny Miser Member

USA
1805 Posts

Posted - 07/09/2008 :  22:18:33  Show Profile Send CoinHunter53562 a Private Message
I know APMEX.com sells some but not sure how the prices compare. Are you looking to get your hands on silver dollars strictly for their silver content or are you looking for collectible silver dollars too?

My hobby: collecting real money 1 copper cent or nickel at a time.

Go to Top of Page

NotABigDeal
1000+ Penny Miser Member

USA
3890 Posts

Posted - 07/10/2008 :  06:26:26  Show Profile Send NotABigDeal a Private Message
No local options? How many do you want? I have a few....

Deal

Live free or die.
Plain and simple.

"If you love wealth more than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, depart from us in peace. We ask not your council or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you. May your chains rest lightly upon you and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen."
- Samuel Adams
Go to Top of Page

fb101
Administrator

USA
2856 Posts

Posted - 07/10/2008 :  08:10:16  Show Profile Send fb101 a Private Message
I looked at AE silver at brokencc.com, they're WAY overpriced on those. $24.70 for 1986 and $26 for most of the rest.

Edited by - fb101 on 07/10/2008 08:11:06
Go to Top of Page

moboman
1000+ Penny Miser Member

USA
2555 Posts

Posted - 07/10/2008 :  11:38:49  Show Profile Send moboman a Private Message
coinshows are the best places. I was at one where one seller had 3 bags, one of peace dollars, one of morgans, and one of culls. He would only sell the entire bags though :(.

"99% of all lawyers give the rest of them a bad name"

Go to Top of Page

misteroman
Administrator

USA
2565 Posts

Posted - 07/10/2008 :  11:49:41  Show Profile Send misteroman a Private Message
^^^ what was he asking?
To me it seems like Morgans went way up in the last few months.If silver is 13X face I can buy Walkers/Mercs all day long in VF for spot.Morgans used to be about $1 more as there is a little more value(silver/collector) with associated with them.Now you are hard pressed to find them under $18 for VF ones or like a $3 or Approx 20% increase.
Maybe I'll put up a buy post

Buying CU cents!!!! Paying 1.2 unlimited amounts wanted. Can pick up if near Ohio area.
Go to Top of Page

Lemon Thrower
1000+ Penny Miser Member

USA
1588 Posts

Posted - 07/10/2008 :  14:22:41  Show Profile Send Lemon Thrower a Private Message
I'd like to buy a few rolls of Peace and Morgans. If the premium is modest, I'd like to get them in AU. I figure the premium should be fairly constant with little downside, but you are buying a lot of upside as interest in coins increases with inflation.

Buying:
Peace/Morgan G+ at $15.00
copper cents at 1.3X
wheat pennies at 3X

Go to Top of Page

Flbandit
Penny Hoarding Member

USA
851 Posts

Posted - 07/12/2008 :  19:50:59  Show Profile Send Flbandit a Private Message
I have a few local shops around me that sell junkers for $13.

Are you throwing that out?
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

25 Posts

Posted - 07/24/2008 :  19:22:01  Show Profile Send n/a a Private Message
With the current silver price of 17.50 dont pay more than 17 for circulated Morgans or peace.

When the government fears the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny.
Go to Top of Page

Tourney64
1000+ Penny Miser Member

USA
1035 Posts

Posted - 07/24/2008 :  21:52:46  Show Profile Send Tourney64 a Private Message
I buy my eagles from
You must be logged in to see this link.

The offer different quanities depending on the size investor you are. More you buy the lower the price. Shipping is low also.
Go to Top of Page

NotABigDeal
1000+ Penny Miser Member

USA
3890 Posts

Posted - 07/25/2008 :  06:16:10  Show Profile Send NotABigDeal a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by casperscoins

With the current silver price of 17.50 dont pay more than 17 for circulated Morgans or peace.

Welcome to the site casperscoins. This is a great site, have fun!

Deal

p.s. Wow, three guys at least with the same avatar. Now I'm really going to need to read who the poster is....

Live free or die.
Plain and simple.

"If you love wealth more than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, depart from us in peace. We ask not your council or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you. May your chains rest lightly upon you and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen."
- Samuel Adams
Go to Top of Page

misteroman
Administrator

USA
2565 Posts

Posted - 07/25/2008 :  11:07:09  Show Profile Send misteroman a Private Message
hey casper,welcome as well.I've been on yur site a few times.Good prices

Buying CU cents!!!! Paying 1.2 unlimited amounts wanted. Can pick up if near Ohio area.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Classic Realcent Archives © 2000-2010 Realcent.org Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.2 seconds. Powered By: ForumCo v3.4.05
RSS Feed 1 RSS Feed 2