Classic Realcent Archives
Classic Realcent Archives
Home | Profile | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Bullion Coins and Metals Investing Forums
 Copper Penny Bullion Investing
 Thinking outside the box?
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

topeka
Penny Pincher Member

160 Posts

Posted - 03/26/2008 :  23:39:39  Show Profile Send topeka a Private Message
Hello Group,

Since obtaining large quantities of pennies AND dumping large quantities of pennies seem to be the challenge to this sport what is wrong with the idea of having Brinks deliver a large quantity to your door once a month and pick up all your zinc?

Does Brinks make home deliveries?

Any idea what they charge for their services?
Am I missing something obvious?

Silver..poor mans gold
Copper..peasant silver

HoardCopperByTheTon
Administrator

USA
6807 Posts

Posted - 03/26/2008 :  23:45:53  Show Profile Send HoardCopperByTheTon a Private Message
You can check with your local coin service companies to see if they will and what the charge would be. Although it would be extremely convenient, most of us would not want our neighbors to see an armored truck pulling up in front of our house to make deliveries. You might have them drop them off at work instead.

If your percentages are low.. just sort more. If your percentages are high.. just sort more.

Now selling Copper pennies. 1.6x plus shipping. Limited amounts available.

Edited by - HoardCopperByTheTon on 03/26/2008 23:46:29
Go to Top of Page

Nickelless
Administrator

USA
5580 Posts

Posted - 03/26/2008 :  23:48:44  Show Profile Send Nickelless a Private Message
I wouldn't want even my coworkers to know what I'm doing. Granted, nobody's going to be able to make off easily with several hundred pounds of copper, but the more below the radar you stay, the better. I think your best bet is just to do like most of the rest of us and have accounts at several banks and place penny orders at each one.

Visit my new preparedness site: Preparedness.cc/SurvivalPrep.net
--Latest article: Stocking up on spices to keep food preps lively

---------------

Be prepared...and prepared to help: http://www.survivalblog.com/charity.html

Are you ready spiritually for hard times? http://www.jesusfreak.com/rapture.asp
Go to Top of Page

topeka
Penny Pincher Member

160 Posts

Posted - 03/26/2008 :  23:50:49  Show Profile Send topeka a Private Message
How about a coin service company that lets you pick up the coins at THEIR office?

Silver..poor mans gold
Copper..peasant silver
Go to Top of Page

HoardCopperByTheTon
Administrator

USA
6807 Posts

Posted - 03/26/2008 :  23:58:56  Show Profile Send HoardCopperByTheTon a Private Message
Call around and give it a try.

If your percentages are low.. just sort more. If your percentages are high.. just sort more.

Go to Top of Page

WilliamC
Penny Collector Member

USA
471 Posts

Posted - 03/27/2008 :  08:34:17  Show Profile Send WilliamC a Private Message
I think the start-up costs would be significant. If you don't have ~$10,000 or so up front to purchase enough pennies to warrant this then it won't happen.

But yes, in my imagination I've thought about how cool it would to order an entire armored truck full of pennies. Now where would I put them all?

I guess the next big step would be starting or buying your own small bank, with the obligatory room of Ryedales in the back.

Now that would be a way to work the system!

Sorting In Northwest Mississippi
Go to Top of Page

moboman
1000+ Penny Miser Member

USA
2555 Posts

Posted - 03/27/2008 :  08:41:10  Show Profile Send moboman a Private Message
Brinks picks up money from restaurants. I'm sure if you paid the service fee, they'd bring you pennies.

"99% of all lawyers give the rest of them a bad name"

Go to Top of Page

HoardCopperByTheTon
Administrator

USA
6807 Posts

Posted - 03/27/2008 :  10:57:53  Show Profile Send HoardCopperByTheTon a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by WilliamC

I guess the next big step would be starting or buying your own small bank, with the obligatory room of Ryedales in the back.

I think PennyProspector already did that..

Go to Top of Page

jpf231
Penny Collector Member

USA
340 Posts

Posted - 03/27/2008 :  11:15:06  Show Profile Send jpf231 a Private Message
I was thinking about doing the same thing (having Brinks or Loomis deliver), but wouldn't be comfortable having the neighbors or any passers by seeing an armored truck making deliveries at my home even though it's a safe neighborhood. Let me know what you find out. I may make some calls myself. The discreet way to do it would be to drive to their location and pick them up and you might be able to save the delivery charge.
Go to Top of Page

cyberdan
Penny Collector Member

USA
289 Posts

Posted - 03/27/2008 :  17:05:29  Show Profile Send cyberdan a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by jpf231

The discreet way to do it would be to drive to their location and pick them up and you might be able to save the delivery charge.

I did that and bought two bag of big dollars. If I remember correctly the fee was $5 per bag.
Go to Top of Page

penny4mythoughts
Penny Sorter Member

USA
82 Posts

Posted - 03/27/2008 :  17:51:27  Show Profile Send penny4mythoughts a Private Message
Cyberdan,
I called Brinks in La and they said they don't allow people to buy bags. How long ago was this? And do you know which office you talked to? Thanks man!

Los Angeles is the place I call home...
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Classic Realcent Archives © 2000-2010 Realcent.org Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.24 seconds. Powered By: ForumCo v3.4.05
RSS Feed 1 RSS Feed 2