Classic Realcent Archives
Classic Realcent Archives
Home | Profile | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Bullion Coins and Metals Investing Forums
 Nickel Bullion & CuNi Bullion Coins
 Need some advice about nickels
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

wheeler_dealer
Penny Collector Member

USA
402 Posts

Posted - 03/10/2008 :  22:18:48  Show Profile  Send wheeler_dealer a Yahoo! Message Send wheeler_dealer a Private Message
I am new to the site and need some advice about nickels if anyone can help. I recently fell onto a GREAT deal this past Christmas when I was at an auction. I purchased a large amount of Canadian nickels below face value and I recently found out their value. WOW. I am wondering about the U.S. nickels though. Are any years better than others or are they all the same when it comes to metal content. I know about war nickels and numismatic. What years of regular nickels should I collect? Should I just keep them in the box and store them all. Any shared knowledge would be a great help. Thanks.

aloneibreak
Penny Hoarding Member

USA
672 Posts

Posted - 03/10/2008 :  23:30:13  Show Profile Send aloneibreak a Private Message
as far as metal content goes for regular nickels none are better than others. just keep them all together unsorted. as far as numismatic value, ones from 38-61 may bring a slight premium as some of them have lesser mintages.

My reading of history convinces me that most bad government results from too much government.
Thomas Jefferson
Go to Top of Page

lukeownzu
Penny Collector Member

364 Posts

Posted - 03/11/2008 :  16:21:43  Show Profile Send lukeownzu a Private Message
So what are they worth?
Go to Top of Page

pencilvanian
1000+ Penny Miser Member

USA
2209 Posts

Posted - 03/11/2008 :  17:09:44  Show Profile Send pencilvanian a Private Message
Per coinflation, as of March 11,2008 the melt value of a typical US nickel is 0.07¢

You must be logged in to see this link.

Go to Top of Page

CoinHunter53562
1000+ Penny Miser Member

USA
1805 Posts

Posted - 03/11/2008 :  17:41:23  Show Profile Send CoinHunter53562 a Private Message
Canadian nickels from 1955-1981 and earlier are almost 14 cents worth of metal.

My hobby: collecting real money 1 copper cent or nickel at a time.

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

26 Posts

Posted - 03/11/2008 :  17:59:59  Show Profile Send n/a a Private Message
i keep all nickels 1959 and older. some people like to keep all the nickels they find becuase they are worth 7 cents now becuase of their metal content. nice buy with the canadian nickels!
Go to Top of Page

Cody8404
Penny Hoarding Member

USA
602 Posts

Posted - 03/11/2008 :  18:04:31  Show Profile Send Cody8404 a Private Message
Nickels older than 1960 have a coin collector value of about 7¢. Some rare ones like the 1950 D are worth more, like hundreds of dollars.

Awake, O kings of the earth! Come ye, O, come ye, with your gold and your silver, to the help of my people, to the house of the daughters of Zion, to the help of the people of the God of this Land even Jesus Christ.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Classic Realcent Archives © 2000-2010 Realcent.org Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.12 seconds. Powered By: ForumCo v3.4.05
RSS Feed 1 RSS Feed 2