Classic Realcent Archives
Classic Realcent Archives
Home | Profile | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Bullion Coins and Metals Investing Forums
 Copper Penny Bullion Investing
 How many people are sorting?
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

lukeownzu
Penny Collector Member

364 Posts

Posted - 03/08/2008 :  11:52:41  Show Profile Send lukeownzu a Private Message
Has the ratio of copper-zinc been going down? I was wondering if this is just a couple of us doing this as a hobby, or if a million people in the country do this regularly. So has anyone been doing this long enough to notice a decrease?

misteroman
Administrator

USA
2565 Posts

Posted - 03/08/2008 :  12:07:25  Show Profile Send misteroman a Private Message
LOL if a million or so people were doing this the copper would be gone in a week or two.I doubt there are really that many people seriously doing it like hoard and c140,but I will think next year at this time people will be averaging 10% instead of 20 on average.
Derek

Buying CU cents!!!! Paying 1.2 unlimited amounts wanted. Can pick up if near Ohio area.
Go to Top of Page

lukeownzu
Penny Collector Member

364 Posts

Posted - 03/08/2008 :  15:22:43  Show Profile Send lukeownzu a Private Message
Wow that would be a major drop.
Go to Top of Page

WilliamC
Penny Collector Member

USA
471 Posts

Posted - 03/08/2008 :  15:35:17  Show Profile Send WilliamC a Private Message
Well I'm hoping to start putting a serious dent in the percentages myself starting next week :)

I used to be into rock tumbling as a hobby, still have 4 tumblers, a bunch of grit, and I actually imported 2 metric tons of lapidary rough from South Africa.

Only problem is that the rocks are so big I can't do anything with them unless I were to buy a lapidary saw with a 36 inch blade! Those tend to run about 5 grand and I don't really have anywhere to put one right now so I've got lot's of big, pretty, colorful rocks laying around.

Good thing about rocks though is that they really don't go bad or spoil, at least not in any time frame measured by human lifespans.

Never did figure out how to sell the polished rocks very well though. Hopefully I won't have that problem with the copper.

Sorting In Northwest Mississippi
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Classic Realcent Archives © 2000-2010 Realcent.org Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.1 seconds. Powered By: ForumCo v3.4.05
RSS Feed 1 RSS Feed 2