Classic Realcent Archives
Classic Realcent Archives
Home | Profile | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Bullion Coins and Metals Investing Forums
 Copper Penny Bullion Investing
 Little kids with toys...
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

lukeownzu
Penny Collector Member

364 Posts

Posted - 03/08/2008 :  11:31:21  Show Profile Send lukeownzu a Private Message
At the ripe young age of 15, I find it amusing to watch 40 year old men talking about ringing bells every time they find a wheatie. I hope I have that much fun with something like this at that age.

NotABigDeal
1000+ Penny Miser Member

USA
3890 Posts

Posted - 03/08/2008 :  11:33:56  Show Profile Send NotABigDeal a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by lukeownzu

At the ripe young age of 15, I find it amusing to watch 40 year old men talking about ringing bells every time they find a wheatie. I hope I have that much fun with something like this at that age.

He's calling you guys old....hehe. I love it.

Deal

p.s. Oh yeah, no bell ringing here....but I'm not 40 either....hehe...

Live free or die.
Plain and simple.

"If you love wealth more than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, depart from us in peace. We ask not your council or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you. May your chains rest lightly upon you and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen."
- Samuel Adams
Go to Top of Page

misteroman
Administrator

USA
2565 Posts

Posted - 03/08/2008 :  12:13:38  Show Profile Send misteroman a Private Message
Damn I'm only 33 as well.Grouping me with the grandpas.You'll learn one day That you're only as old as you feel and when you feel old, you are old no matter what your age.
Derek

Buying CU cents!!!! Paying 1.2 unlimited amounts wanted. Can pick up if near Ohio area.
Go to Top of Page

lukeownzu
Penny Collector Member

364 Posts

Posted - 03/08/2008 :  15:19:21  Show Profile Send lukeownzu a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by misteroman

Damn I'm only 33 as well.Grouping me with the grandpas.You'll learn one day That you're only as old as you feel and when you feel old, you are old no matter what your age.
Derek

That is about the sum of it :)
Go to Top of Page

WilliamC
Penny Collector Member

USA
471 Posts

Posted - 03/08/2008 :  15:36:48  Show Profile Send WilliamC a Private Message
Well at 43 and with three children of my own I must admit I still have enough of the kid in me to get way too excited about something as mundane as sorting pennies.

I found 3 or 4 wheaties this morning though, woot!

Sorting In Northwest Mississippi
Go to Top of Page

Delawhere Jack
1000+ Penny Miser Member

USA
1680 Posts

Posted - 03/08/2008 :  15:45:26  Show Profile Send Delawhere Jack a Private Message
Youth is wasted on the young...

Let's see how many things us "oldsters" can remember that the Lukester is too young to have seen:

- Smacking the TV set to get the picture to stop rolling vertically.
- Phonebooths...for a dime.
- Pumping the gas pedal to engine when you start it. God I LOVE fuel injection!!
- 8 track tapes,... for that matter, cassettes and vinyl as well.
- Pull tab softdrink cans.
- (You realize there is no cent symbol on keyboards now...?). 69 CENT gas, or less.

A word to the wise, Lukeownzu, don't really upset me to the point of seeing yellow your money away on crap just because everyone else is doing it, and by the time you're thirty you'll be miles ahead of the rest!

"Educate and inform the whole mass of the people... They are the only sure reliance for the preservation of our liberty." Thomas Jefferson

Go to Top of Page

HoardCopperByTheTon
Administrator

USA
6807 Posts

Posted - 03/09/2008 :  00:15:59  Show Profile Send HoardCopperByTheTon a Private Message
Eh, what did the young whippersnapper say?

Hey, I'm on the deep end of 40 and I still get a thrill when I find a wheat cent.. just as I did when I was 15. I just find more of them now. I hope you have as much fun with something like this as well when you get to be this age Luke. It's a hobby.. and hobbies are supposed to be fun. If you aren't having fun then it is time to look for a new hobby.
I had a really crummy day today.. My entire shipment of 24 boxes I picked up today were all duds.. I went to one of my other banks and swapped 2 boxes. Brought them home.. and both of those were duds as well. But you know what? I did find a few wheat cents today.. and tomorrow I get to spend the entire day at a coin show.. so I am still having fun!

If your percentages are low.. just sort more. If your percentages are high.. just sort more.

Now selling Copper pennies. 1.6x plus shipping. Limited amounts available.
Go to Top of Page

starwarsgeek171
Penny Hoarding Member

USA
651 Posts

Posted - 03/09/2008 :  07:26:50  Show Profile Send starwarsgeek171 a Private Message
Luke, we may seem to be a bunch of harmless teddy bears, but you wouldn't want to get between us and our pennies.
Seriously though, as a once young buck going on 40 in Sept., I'll tell you that you'll be 25-30, and then jump to 40 in the blink of an eye.
It happens.
Welcome.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Classic Realcent Archives © 2000-2010 Realcent.org Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.14 seconds. Powered By: ForumCo v3.4.05
RSS Feed 1 RSS Feed 2