Classic Realcent Archives
Classic Realcent Archives
Home | Profile | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Bullion Coins and Metals Investing Forums
 Copper Penny Bullion Investing
 First post. a few questions
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

n/a
deleted

5 Posts

Posted - 03/07/2008 :  14:33:25  Show Profile Send n/a a Private Message
i started going through my pennies for the first time...LAST NITE! i heard about this site through ronpaulforums.com. anyway, went to the bank today and got 400 pennies (im a poor college student). so far my returen rate, in alabama, is 21.33%. i am sorting by hand.

now my questions:

is there a way for me to get some return NOW? as in, sell solid cu rolls for $1.00+?

best way to roll cu and zincs? (i have to roll to return )

any other suggestions?

thanks,
drake

"There would be no First without the Second"

eharrison
Penny Pincher Member

USA
234 Posts

Posted - 03/07/2008 :  15:14:54  Show Profile Send eharrison a Private Message
Also here in alabama and a student in Montgomery. (taking time off from TROY) Also just started sorting. I sort and roll by hand, because I usually only do $10 to $20 at a time. As for getting returns now?? I'll leave that to others.

Freedom is popular
That's why I voted
Ron Paul!
Go to Top of Page

HoardCopperByTheTon
Administrator

USA
6807 Posts

Posted - 03/07/2008 :  15:24:32  Show Profile Send HoardCopperByTheTon a Private Message
Welcome to the forum drake. To get a return on your sorted copper it is best to have larger quantities.. usually a bag or a box of copper so that it is worth shipping. These copper cents are heavy so it costs a lot to ship them and you want to maximize the amount you are shipping in a Priority flat rate box. If you can find someone local that will buy them then you don't have to worry about as big of a minimum amount or the cost of shipping.

The best way to roll cu or zinc is with an automatic rolling machine.. but those are really expensive. The best alternative to this is to shop around at your local banks and credit unions to see if they have any free coin counters.. that way you don't even have to roll the zinc to turn it in. Rolling them by hand can be quite a chore, so look around to other banks for alternatives.

If your percentages are low.. just sort more. If your percentages are high.. just sort more.

Now selling Copper pennies. 1.6x plus shipping. Limited amounts available.
Go to Top of Page

WilliamC
Penny Collector Member

USA
471 Posts

Posted - 03/07/2008 :  15:30:16  Show Profile Send WilliamC a Private Message
Ah, another Ron Paul Forums transplant!

That's at least 5 of us now on here.

Makes sense though, seeings how Ron Paul is all for a hard money currency.

Sorting In Northwest Mississippi
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

5 Posts

Posted - 03/07/2008 :  15:39:58  Show Profile Send n/a a Private Message
eharrison, im in auburn.

i did a few more today. my % is dropping though, about 19% now...

what are you getting in mont?

anyone have a auto coin roller? about how much are we talking about?

"There would be no First without the Second"
Go to Top of Page

NotABigDeal
1000+ Penny Miser Member

USA
3890 Posts

Posted - 03/07/2008 :  20:34:29  Show Profile Send NotABigDeal a Private Message
A good starter rolling machine is the Royal Sovereign FS-4DA. I think they are around $100 or something. Good enough for a hand sorter for sure. Easily total your coppers.

Deal

Live free or die.
Plain and simple.

"If you love wealth more than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, depart from us in peace. We ask not your council or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you. May your chains rest lightly upon you and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen."
- Samuel Adams
Go to Top of Page

NotABigDeal
1000+ Penny Miser Member

USA
3890 Posts

Posted - 03/07/2008 :  20:36:01  Show Profile Send NotABigDeal a Private Message
Oh yeah I forgot. Welcome drake and eharrison. You will learn a lot from some here. A bunch of nice guys....

Deal

Live free or die.
Plain and simple.

"If you love wealth more than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, depart from us in peace. We ask not your council or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you. May your chains rest lightly upon you and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen."
- Samuel Adams
Go to Top of Page

HoardCopperByTheTon
Administrator

USA
6807 Posts

Posted - 03/07/2008 :  20:44:04  Show Profile Send HoardCopperByTheTon a Private Message
The Royal Sovereigns are nice little machines for a reasonable price. Beats the heck out of hand rolling. I started with one of those before I got my Glory automatic rolling machines. You can generally find them under $100 if you watch eBay ads.

If your percentages are low.. just sort more. If your percentages are high.. just sort more.

Now selling Copper pennies. 1.6x plus shipping. Limited amounts available.
Go to Top of Page

misteroman
Administrator

USA
2565 Posts

Posted - 03/07/2008 :  22:16:05  Show Profile Send misteroman a Private Message
Welcome gents,You'll enjoy the site.If ya ever want to get rid of them and don't want to pay ebay fees,see sig.
Derek

Buying CU cents!!!! Paying 1.2 unlimited amounts wanted. Can pick up if near Ohio area.
Go to Top of Page

eharrison
Penny Pincher Member

USA
234 Posts

Posted - 03/08/2008 :  13:11:40  Show Profile Send eharrison a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by drake

what are you getting in mont?

Only once so far and that was 16%

Freedom is popular
That's why I voted