Classic Realcent Archives
Classic Realcent Archives
Home | Profile | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Bullion Coins and Metals Investing Forums
 Copper Penny Bullion Investing
 Got my first batch today
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Mayhem1226

USA
7 Posts

Posted - 09/10/2010 :  17:15:16  Show Profile Send Mayhem1226 a Private Message
Went to my bank today and got my first two $25.00 boxes. lady at the bank was cool and I told her I was starting my 9 yr old nephrew on coin collecting. She has no prob with me comming and getting coins...just set up an appointment and let em know. We'll see what happens. I'm gonna set up the popsicle stick system i saw on here. Hope to find some pre 82's and what ever else.

Funny thng bout the lady at the bank , she kept going on about the new quarters that came out a few years ago and how every one was collecting them. Obviously she had no idea what i'm up to, since the new changs feels like frikin aluminum comapred coind from the past. Gonna see how things go and maybe get a Rydale further down the road.

Happy Hoarding :)

fasteddy
Penny Collector Member

USA
298 Posts

Posted - 09/10/2010 :  17:40:17  Show Profile Send fasteddy a Private Message
Get a finger scrub brush to get the gunk off of your finger tips. save your indians and wheats some on here will buy those directly...Happy Sorting.
Go to Top of Page

quanahparker

8 Posts

Posted - 09/10/2010 :  17:43:18  Show Profile Send quanahparker a Private Message
Hey Mayhem! I just started too, have had some good luck so far handsorting. I'll let you in on my system, not sure if it's the best but i'm happy with it.
I use a piece of paper that is divided in half by a line. The left side is where I put the unsorted coins and the right side organizes the sorted coins. The top half has a block each for wheats (pre 1959), 1959-1981 coppers, 1982's (some are copper and some are not, I will sort them out later), and pre 1997 canadians. Underneath these go the zincs which are anything American after 1982 and Canadian after 1997.
Once the roll is sorted I put the keepers in separate bags based on my classifications. The zincs get slid off the paper into a large bag which I will deposit at my bank's chargeless Coinstar machine. I keep track of where the highest percentage rolls are coming from so that I know which bank to pick up from. Tried a new bank two days ago and found much higher percentages of copper pennies including one wheat in 5 out of 6 rolls! Good luck and let me know how the first boxes went!
Go to Top of Page

dakota1955
1000+ Penny Miser Member

2212 Posts

Posted - 09/10/2010 :  19:10:29  Show Profile  Send dakota1955 a Yahoo! Message Send dakota1955 a Private Message
might want to check for the am error also
Go to Top of Page

misteroman
Administrator

USA
2565 Posts

Posted - 09/10/2010 :  23:23:01  Show Profile Send misteroman a Private Message
yup look up lincoln penny errors and start searching for them as well. Some decent money can be made in it

Buying CU cents!!!! Paying 1.2 unlimited amounts wanted. Can pick up if near Ohio area.
Go to Top of Page

mauk13r
Penny Sorter Member

USA
60 Posts

Posted - 09/11/2010 :  01:01:30  Show Profile Send mauk13r a Private Message
Good luck with the new and rewarding hobby.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Classic Realcent Archives © 2000-2010 Realcent.org Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.18 seconds. Powered By: ForumCo v3.4.05
RSS Feed 1 RSS Feed 2