Classic Realcent Archives
Classic Realcent Archives
Home | Profile | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Related Topics, Learning and Information
 Realcent.forumco.com Operations and Policy Stmts
 How did you discover the realcent forum?
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

simplicitycounts
Penny Hoarding Member

USA
535 Posts

Posted - 07/25/2008 :  09:37:00  Show Profile Send simplicitycounts a Private Message
I was looking up copper pennies on ebay, 1 auction pointed to You must be logged in to see this link. it pointed to here.
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

54 Posts

Posted - 07/25/2008 :  10:18:33  Show Profile Send n/a a Private Message
I too found it through the Ryedale coin page.... Speaking of that I need my daily copper fix, off to the bank I go..... I hope to get more than my typical 19%.
Go to Top of Page

Copper Catcher
Administrator

USA
2092 Posts

Posted - 07/25/2008 :  10:20:17  Show Profile Send Copper Catcher a Private Message
I was on a search engine and typed in hoarding copper pennies and I saw the Ryedale video and thought; "What a neat idea!" I'm not sure if collecting copper pennies should be called a passion or an obsession.
Go to Top of Page

Kurr
1000+ Penny Miser Member

2906 Posts

Posted - 07/25/2008 :  21:15:59  Show Profile Send Kurr a Private Message
golrefiningforum.com had a link here for the scrap metal section. I browsed the sight a few times and thought "man, them boys ain't right"! Then I remebered most everything I was taught and based my decisions off of was wrong. So I did some reading and then educated myself a bit more, next thing ya know I bought a $25 box "Just to see".

Now I am an addict, ryedale owner, and have a nice silver hoard started, something I never thought I would be able to do. This forum has provided me a way to secure a better, more stable future for me, my wife, and my children and given me an education. Thanks!

The silver [is] mine, and the gold [is] mine, saith the LORD of hosts. Hag 2:8 [/b]
He created it. He controls it. He gave it to us for His use. Why did we turn from sound scriptural currency that PROTECTS us?

KJV Bible w/ Strong's Concordance: http://www.blueletterbible.org/
The book of The Hundreds: http://www.land.netonecom.net/tlp/ref/boh/bookOfTheHundreds_v4.1.pdf
The Two Republics: http://www.whitehorsemedia.com/docs/THE_TWO_REPUBLICS.pdf
Good reading: http://ecclesia.org/truth/government.html

A number of people are educated beyond, sometimes way beyond, their intelligence. - Tenbears

Go to Top of Page

fb101
Administrator

USA
2856 Posts

Posted - 07/25/2008 :  21:53:00  Show Profile Send fb101 a Private Message
JPF231 showed me the light of copper and this forum. Prior, I had been going to town on silver and a little gold only. This is the only forum I have ever joined.

Go to Top of Page

jpf231
Penny Collector Member

USA
340 Posts

Posted - 07/26/2008 :  09:11:56  Show Profile Send jpf231 a Private Message
fb101 - this is also the first forum I've ever joined - you have 100 posts more than me - I can't keep up man!!
Go to Top of Page

wheeler_dealer
Penny Collector Member

USA
402 Posts

Posted - 07/27/2008 :  19:20:12  Show Profile  Send wheeler_dealer a Yahoo! Message Send wheeler_dealer a Private Message
Origionally was a GOLDTENT lurker and a friend turned me onto coinflation. After I checked out "penny forum" I was hooked. Every night I came home from work I was drawn to the site. Finally signed up and have no regrets. Nice to share with other people who have some of the same interest. Hope someday to begin to meet some of you face to face, until then...
Go to Top of Page

Nickelless
Administrator

USA
5580 Posts

Posted - 07/28/2008 :  03:40:05  Show Profile Send Nickelless a Private Message
I found Realcent by hanging out with really smart people online.

Visit my new preparedness site: Preparedness.cc/SurvivalPrep.net
--Latest article: Stocking up on spices to keep food preps lively

---------------

Be prepared...and prepared to help: http://www.survivalblog.com/charity.html

Are you ready spiritually for hard times? http://www.jesusfreak.com/rapture.asp
Go to Top of Page

lilyrdape
Penny Pincher Member

USA
152 Posts

Posted - 07/28/2008 :  03:48:12  Show Profile  Send lilyrdape an AOL message Send lilyrdape a Private Message
i found coinflation and was using it to check silver values whil i was buying..then typed in copper pennys...which brought me to ryedale an here lol

Now im just some copper addict thats found in lobbys begging for just one more 25brick LOL
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

2 Posts

Posted - 08/06/2008 :  09:30:56  Show Profile Send n/a a Private Message
my friend scotty told me this is a great site to go look at coins
Go to Top of Page

fb101
Administrator

USA
2856 Posts

Posted - 08/06/2008 :  12:00:33  Show Profile Send fb101 a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by jpf231

fb101 - this is also the first forum I've ever joined - you have 100 posts more than me - I can't keep up man!!

Yeah, but you know I have the biggest mouth in the Northeast....

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

4 Posts

Posted - 08/07/2008 :  14:52:23  Show Profile Send n/a a Private Message
Hey, all decided to join here just today and I found this site one day while searching for copper penny values or somthing of that nature, happy to be a part of this now!!!!
Go to Top of Page

Nickelless
Administrator

USA
5580 Posts

Posted - 08/15/2008 :  09:53:08  Show Profile Send Nickelless a Private Message
I don't remember how I found this site, but I figure I found it because I hang out with smart people.

Visit my new preparedness site: Preparedness.cc/SurvivalPrep.net
--Latest article: Stocking up on spices to keep food preps lively

---------------

Be prepared...and prepared to help: http://www.survivalblog.com/charity.html

Are you ready spiritually for hard times? http://www.jesusfreak.com/rapture.asp
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

5 Posts

Posted - 08/19/2008 :  18:45:15  Show Profile Send n/a a Private Message
I found realcent by coinflation.com and decided to register after seeing Copper Catcher's contest...
Go to Top of Page

TexasPQ
Penny Sorter Member

47 Posts

Posted - 08/19/2008 :  19:37:02  Show Profile Send TexasPQ a Private Message
I believe the actual discovery came by way of the coinflation site. It all started back in March 2008 when that ridiculous "stimulus check" came through. It really bothered me that we were giving out "free" money at a time when we have a several trillion dollar deficit. This led to research on inflation, gold, then on to silver and copper.
Go to Top of Page

Neckro
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Saudi Arabia
2080 Posts

Posted - 08/19/2008 :  20:04:41  Show Profile  Send Neckro an AOL message  Click to see Neckro's MSN Messenger address  Send Neckro a Yahoo! Message Send Neckro a Private Message
COINFLATION.COM one stop shop for info!

Trolling is an art.
Go to Top of Page

PreservingThePast
1000+ Penny Miser Member

USA
1572 Posts

Posted - 09/12/2008 :  13:17:50  Show Profile Send PreservingThePast a Private Message
Hi. I'm a new member but have been reading the site for awhile. I think I found it through coinflation.

I search coins for reason quite different from most of you. I really enjoy searching rolls of coins for anything interesting I can find. I have learned a lot from reading the post on this forum and thanks to all of you for the helpful info I have gathered here.

Go to Top of Page

Cody8404
Penny Hoarding Member

USA
602 Posts

Posted - 09/12/2008 :  13:55:34  Show Profile Send Cody8404 a Private Message
I was looking to see what real values of silver was. Silver coins from US, Canada, Mexico and other places. Found Coinflation and from there Real Cent. Since then I have looked at a few sites but time for visiting the web like this is rare. This is the site I enjoy and keep coming back to. Been here since early last year. My wife thinks I am nuts.

Awake, O kings of the earth! Come ye, O, come ye, with your gold and your silver, to the help of my people, to the house of the daughters of Zion, to the help of the people of the God of this Land even Jesus Christ.
Go to Top of Page

Computer Jones
1000+ Penny Miser Member

USA
1112 Posts

Posted - 09/13/2008 :  01:32:18  Show Profile Send Computer Jones a Private Message
Coinflation.com showed me the light.
It looks like this humble forum has moved up to the top position on the related links.

There's profit if you melt things!!
8{>
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

51 Posts

Posted - 09/14/2008 :  18:34:14  Show Profile Send n/a a Private Message
News article on copper > Google copper value > Coinflation > Ryedale > RealCent > excessive brain activity > bank visits > dirty fingers > depletion of home plastic container stash > built home-brew sorter > now hoarding copper, buying PMs > ?? .....

... Hi. My name is JD, and I sort pennies.
Go to Top of Page

DesertTumbleweed402
Penny Pincher Member

USA
196 Posts

Posted - 04/28/2009 :  21:42:14  Show Profile Send DesertTumbleweed402 a Private Message
I honestly don't remember.

I enjoy taking long walks off short piers.
Go to Top of Page

slickeast
1000+ Penny Miser Member

USA
2533 Posts

Posted - 04/28/2009 :  21:53:23  Show Profile Send slickeast a Private Message
I wanted to buy some silver bullion to put away for my daughter. when I was on E-bay looking at bullion I saw copper pennies. then I was looking at penny hoarding on the internet. after hours of being all over the internet I kept coming back to this site. read a bunch of posts. thought some of the guys had witty posts. so I joined. somewhere during that searching I ran across the Ryedale...had to get one....now I have 2.

that was late last year. now the safe is too small for the silver stash and there are buckets of pennies everywhere.....not to mention the strays that seem to be everywhere.

this is the only forum that I am on. I joined another when this was down for 3 days but I never go to it.

You don't have to be the BEST you just have to be.......SLICK

Go to Top of Page

smartinson
Penny Collector Member

USA
287 Posts

Posted - 04/28/2009 :  21:57:16  Show Profile Send smartinson a Private Message
I was looking for the value of wheat cents, silver dimes and quarters. Google lead me here and so glad it did!
Go to Top of Page

No82s
Penny Pincher Member

USA
198 Posts

Posted - 04/29/2009 :  17:03:03  Show Profile Send No82s a Private Message
I had noticed the price of copper climbing and was trying to find out how many copper pennies were in a pound without having to weigh them myself.

The difference between an optimist and a pessimist is that the pessimist is better informed.
Go to Top of Page

dakota1955
1000+ Penny Miser Member

2212 Posts

Posted - 04/29/2009 :  17:21:18  Show Profile  Send dakota1955 a Yahoo! Message Send dakota1955 a Private Message
I found this site by way of Ryedale home page as I looking to buy a ryedale.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Classic Realcent Archives © 2000-2010 Realcent.org Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.22 seconds. Powered By: ForumCo v3.4.05
RSS Feed 1 RSS Feed 2