Classic Realcent Archives
Classic Realcent Archives
Home | Profile | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Related Topics, Learning and Information
 Economic & Business News, Reports, and Predictions
 BP Bankruptcy is almost certain
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

beauanderos
1000+ Penny Miser Member

USA
2408 Posts

Posted - 06/26/2010 :  18:06:57  Show Profile Send beauanderos a Private Message
You must be logged in to see this link.

Hoard now and hold on!

http://coppermillions.blogspot.com/
http://wherewillyoubein2012.blogspot.com/

hobo finds
Penny Hoarding Member

838 Posts

Posted - 06/26/2010 :  18:45:11  Show Profile Send hobo finds a Private Message
How many other wells do they own? As long as the big O. dose not keep them from drilling or producing I think they will continue. Could Obama put a surcharge on what they do produce in our US waters to help the relief? Should but not sure if he will do...
Go to Top of Page

Country
1000+ Penny Miser Member

USA
3121 Posts

Posted - 06/26/2010 :  19:54:04  Show Profile Send Country a Private Message
35% of America's oil is supplied by Gulf drilling and exploration. This catastrophe will hit all of us, as Gulf oil rigs slow down their production due to government regulation and other drillers not wanting to take on excessive risk back away. The price of oil will be going higher as our demand for oil does not seem to be ending any time soon.

---> Come to the new and improved realcent: http://realcent.org

The things that will destroy America are prosperity-at-any-price, peace-at-any-price, safety-first instead of duty-first, the love of soft living, and the get-rich-quick theory of life.
– Theodore Roosevelt
Go to Top of Page

specialbob
Penny Sorter Member

USA
56 Posts

Posted - 06/27/2010 :  02:18:12  Show Profile Send specialbob a Private Message
35% of America's oil comes from the Gulf? That sounds pretty high. If I'm not mistaken, nearly 90% of the oil drilled on and off-shore in the US is sold overseas (China for one) where it fetches a high price. We import cheap oil and export lower grade higher prices oil.

Somewhere years ago, I read that we could be self-sufficient in oil production, but the shear expenditure would increase the price at the pump 75-100%.

Go to Top of Page

specialbob
Penny Sorter Member

USA
56 Posts

Posted - 06/27/2010 :  02:20:00  Show Profile Send specialbob a Private Message
There was a major oil disaster in the Gulf back in 1979. They had no idea how to stop or contain that spill either, until someone came up with the idea of drilling to holes on either side to relieve pressure. This slowed and eventually stopped the leak. Why haven't they tried this yet?
Go to Top of Page

Country
1000+ Penny Miser Member

USA
3121 Posts

Posted - 06/27/2010 :  08:21:34  Show Profile Send Country a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by specialbob

35% of America's oil comes from the Gulf? That sounds pretty high. If I'm not mistaken, nearly 90% of the oil drilled on and off-shore in the US is sold overseas (China for one) where it fetches a high price. We import cheap oil and export lower grade higher prices oil.

Somewhere years ago, I read that we could be self-sufficient in oil production, but the shear expenditure would increase the price at the pump 75-100%.

OK..I'm wrong - it's 25%...

The Gulf of Mexico normally pumps about 1.5 million barrels per day (bpd) of US crude, a quarter of domestic output and equivalent to nearly 2 percent of global oil production. As we now know, any disruption to this area can cause oil prices to dramatically increase.

---> Come to the new and improved realcent: http://realcent.org

The things that will destroy America are prosperity-at-any-price, peace-at-any-price, safety-first instead of duty-first, the love of soft living, and the get-rich-quick theory of life.
– Theodore Roosevelt

Edited by - Country on 06/27/2010 08:23:13
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Classic Realcent Archives © 2000-2010 Realcent.org Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.14 seconds. Powered By: ForumCo v3.4.05
RSS Feed 1 RSS Feed 2