Classic Realcent Archives
Classic Realcent Archives
Home | Profile | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Related Topics, Learning and Information
 Economic & Business News, Reports, and Predictions
 Internet Kill Switch - Approved!!!
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Country
1000+ Penny Miser Member

USA
3121 Posts

Posted - 06/25/2010 :  17:03:08  Show Profile Send Country a Private Message
You must be logged in to see this link.

---> Come to the new and improved realcent: http://realcent.org

The things that will destroy America are prosperity-at-any-price, peace-at-any-price, safety-first instead of duty-first, the love of soft living, and the get-rich-quick theory of life.
– Theodore Roosevelt

cptindy
Penny Hoarding Member

572 Posts

Posted - 06/25/2010 :  17:16:51  Show Profile Send cptindy a Private Message
Interesting that another new department as well as control seems important to this Senator. "Frustrated with the misrepresentation"

I as well am frustrated with the misrepresentation,

from you Jackals!

Who exactly is the representative in this scenario?

This is what these idiots get paid to do!

Make more bills and resolutions for things we don't need. I swear they just run around looking to find things to do as if there is nothing relevant to participate in.

Hey we are having some trouble making ends meet.

"I know"

Lets create a whole new department and rearrange the furniture!

Below is the text from the link above

The Senate Committee on Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs has approved a cybersecurity bill, Protecting Cyberspace as a National Asset Act (PCNAA), that would give the president far-reaching authority over the Internet in the case of emergency.

As The Hill explains, the bill, sponsored by Sens. Joe Lieberman, Susan Collins, and Tom Carper, would give the president "emergency authority to shut down private sector or government networks in the event of a cyber attack capable of causing massive damage or loss of life." The original bill granted the president the authority to "indefinitely" shut down networks, but an amendment to the PCNAA, approved yesterday, mandates that the president "get Congressional approval after controlling a network for 120 days."

The authority granted to the government in the bill has been likened to an Internet "kill switch."

Collins noted that she takes issue with the "kill switch" term. The Hill writes,

"It's been frustrating to read some of the misrepresentations of our bill in the cybersphere," Collins said, arguing the new bill actually circumscribes the president's existing authority and puts controls on its use. "I believe the substitute amendment we're offering strengthens those protections even more."

As we wrote here, the bill would also see the creation of a new agency within the Department of Homeland Security, the National Center for Cybersecurity and Communications (NCCC). Any private company reliant on "the Internet, the telephone system, or any other component of the U.S. 'information infrastructure'" would be "subject to command" by the NCCC, and some would be required to engage in "information sharing" with the agency, says CBS4.

The bill will soon head to the Senate for a vote.

"It is the nature of the human species to reject what is true but unpleasant and to embrace what is obviously false but comforting"

" The average man doesn't want to be free. He wants to be safe."

H.L. Mencken

http://silver-news-today.com/
Go to Top of Page

Tourney64
1000+ Penny Miser Member

USA
1035 Posts

Posted - 06/26/2010 :  15:03:17  Show Profile Send Tourney64 a Private Message
120 days without any check and balance of killing one of the most important speech mediums we have. You would think this country is turning into a Marxist/Communist country.
Go to Top of Page

hobo finds
Penny Hoarding Member

838 Posts

Posted - 06/26/2010 :  15:45:36  Show Profile Send hobo finds a Private Message
would he only turn off the US internet or could he shut down the rest of the world?
Go to Top of Page

Country
1000+ Penny Miser Member

USA
3121 Posts

Posted - 06/26/2010 :  16:11:20  Show Profile Send Country a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Tourney64

120 days without any check and balance of killing one of the most important speech mediums we have. You would think this country is turning into a Marxist/Communist country.

I see it that this country is turning into a Fascist/Totalitarian country. In either case, we ALL LOOSE the democracy for which our founding fathers and later heros gave their blood and lives.

---> Come to the new and improved realcent: http://realcent.org

The things that will destroy America are prosperity-at-any-price, peace-at-any-price, safety-first instead of duty-first, the love of soft living, and the get-rich-quick theory of life.
– Theodore Roosevelt

Edited by - Country on 06/26/2010 16:12:18
Go to Top of Page

Roadrunner
Penny Collector Member

USA
413 Posts

Posted - 06/26/2010 :  20:23:36  Show Profile Send Roadrunner a Private Message
Sad.....just sad.

Edited by - Roadrunner on 06/26/2010 20:27:01
Go to Top of Page

johnbrickner
Penny Pincher Member

154 Posts

Posted - 06/27/2010 :  04:20:55  Show Profile Send johnbrickner a Private Message
Back in the days of Wendell Willkie (circa 1940,) one of our Statesmen gave a speech called "Since when a Democracy?" I remember reading a part of it going something like 'When we say the pledge, don't we pledge to the Republic? . . . It was never ment to be a Democracy!'.

Interesting how concepts like our country a Republic originally, to our country now a Democracy changed over time? And the Gentleman above realized it 70 years ago and thought it important enough to have it put into the record even back then.

Thank you for noticing and calling it what it is Country, Fascism (It Can't Happen Here. Sinclair Lewis, 1935). Beyond Sad, it happened here. A couple of years back, I started to write a book called "None Dare Call It Fascism" but Becky Akers on LewRockwell.com beat me to it. I gave it a historical approach and then got totally bummed out from what I was discovering in the here and now and so, stopped writing. To depressing. Ignorance is bliss.

It's a Jungle out there,

"I Killed the Bank" from the tombstone of Andrew Jackson
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Classic Realcent Archives © 2000-2010 Realcent.org Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.97 seconds. Powered By: ForumCo v3.4.05
RSS Feed 1 RSS Feed 2