Classic Realcent Archives
Classic Realcent Archives
Home | Profile | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Bullion Coins and Metals Investing Forums
 Nickel Bullion & CuNi Bullion Coins
 First box of Nickels!
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Pachucko
Penny Sorter Member

USA
43 Posts

Posted - 04/16/2010 :  23:13:56  Show Profile Send Pachucko a Private Message
I was at mt WF today depositing some checks and asked for halves, no luck so I asked for a box of nickels - no problem says the teller. I put it in the trunk and was riding around town doing errands, thinking about whether to search it or put it up unopened. I get home a few hours later and go to take it out of the trunk and find the box is wet on the bottom and about a quarter way up the sides. I guess a week of rain wet my trunk carpet and my nickels!!

Some of the rolls felt kind of 'cool' but not really damp so I put them in a plastic box with some dessicant. I'll let them dry for a couple of days just to be on the safe side.

I'm assuming if I don't see any mildew or discoloration on the rolls the coins should be OK???

HoardCopperByTheTon
Administrator

USA
6807 Posts

Posted - 04/16/2010 :  23:26:51  Show Profile Send HoardCopperByTheTon a Private Message
Crack them out.. spread them.. and put a fan in front of them to dry them. They will be fine.

If your percentages are low.. just sort more. If your percentages are high.. just sort more.

Now selling Copper pennies. 1.6x plus shipping. Limited amounts available.
Go to Top of Page

Pachucko
Penny Sorter Member

USA
43 Posts

Posted - 04/17/2010 :  08:11:06  Show Profile Send Pachucko a Private Message
I had decided not to search them because I didn't want to re-roll.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Classic Realcent Archives © 2000-2010 Realcent.org Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.31 seconds. Powered By: ForumCo v3.4.05
RSS Feed 1 RSS Feed 2