Classic Realcent Archives
Classic Realcent Archives
Home | Profile | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Bullion Coins and Metals Investing Forums
 Copper Penny Bullion Investing
 (Life change) Forced to find a new dump and pickup
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

rodebaugh
Penny Collector Member

USA
377 Posts

Posted - 04/13/2010 :  08:27:56  Show Profile Send rodebaugh a Private Message

After 5-6 years living/sorting/dumping in an area I currently am poised to move. Work has forced me to relocate. The time, effort, relationships, all the things achieved…..soon to be lost. Wow does it make me sad! I really care for my teller(s). They have been so good to me, always smiling, asking about my family, or work….they actually care. Never once seeming burdened by gathering my 2 boxes a week……even once reminding me that “I can’t leave without getting my pennies first”. Two of the tellers believed that I was a son of the third at my pickup bank. They would often ask how my mom was….I would reply, “Great!” thinking it a little strange (my mom lives over 3hrs away). A great laugh was had by all when we all figured out the misidentification. But I was in turn “adopted” by that teller. I guess I felt like part of the community…which can often be hard in a town of 30-40thousand for a college post grad with no family blood within a 2hr drive. Well I have 2-4 months left in the area part time and I plan on making the best of it; smiling, small talking, enjoying, and just playing my part of what I have built with them until I carry that last box out to the jeep.

My feeling/observation is that life is a series of events, choices, and consequences. Things do not always work out as planned, and I know there is a lot more on my plate this year than finding 1st rate dump/pickup banks. A whole new exciting chapter is unfolding. Everyone finds themselves on this page sooner or later. I would like to take a moment now and then to be thankful for some of the little things. Such as the great people that have played a small roll in my personal story; you know the folks, they just make the day better…if only for a few minutes. As is the case for the folks at my local BB&T.

On a positive note (as cent sorting is concerned) a quick stop at the new bank yesterday was a positive experience. The teller knew my name and of my recent arrival to the area and was eager to small talk a bit. (The nature of my profession often puts me in the spotlight, also the wife and I are now in a much smaller town at 8-12thousand).Do not worry I was a gentleman. I know, “you shouldn’t ask for pennies until after the third meeting”.

When times are complacent and comfortable… sort more. When the going gets tough don’t fall short get up and Sort! Sort! Sort!

Hope you enjoyed the stories.
Rodebaugh

http://rodebaugh.ecrater.com/

misteroman
Administrator

USA
2565 Posts

Posted - 04/13/2010 :  08:36:10  Show Profile Send misteroman a Private Message
Must be tough to give up the comfort but hopefuly the new place will give ya some great yields.

Buying CU cents!!!! Paying 1.2 unlimited amounts wanted. Can pick up if near Ohio area.
Go to Top of Page

cptindy
Penny Hoarding Member

572 Posts

Posted - 04/13/2010 :  08:41:19  Show Profile Send cptindy a Private Message
I enjoy hearing of life and triumph over obstacles that have potential to shut a man down yet with perseverance and a love of life one is able to start anew.

To me the greatest asset when conquering another day is of the mind and expectation that "Today Is A Good Day".

Thank you for your words, I respect your candidacy as wisdom.

"It is the nature of the human species to reject what is true but unpleasant and to embrace what is obviously false but comforting"

" The average man doesn't want to be free. He wants to be safe."

H.L. Mencken

http://silver-news-today.com/
Go to Top of Page

uthminsta
1000+ Penny Miser Member

USA
1872 Posts

Posted - 04/13/2010 :  08:43:02  Show Profile Send uthminsta a Private Message
I'm also in the process of moving. It is indeed tough, starting over with all new connections and everything. It's been taking me quite a while to learn all the new names here. I'm sure you will have some chocolates for "your mom" and her friends!

Come to the new and improved realcent: http://realcent.org
Go to Top of Page

dakota1955
1000+ Penny Miser Member

2212 Posts

Posted - 04/13/2010 :  09:10:00  Show Profile  Send dakota1955 a Yahoo! Message Send dakota1955 a Private Message
Any move is just what you will make of it. I moved 3 years ago and I'm sure that in a few years I will have to move again. Best of luck.
Go to Top of Page

beauanderos
1000+ Penny Miser Member

USA
2408 Posts

Posted - 04/13/2010 :  09:20:46  Show Profile Send beauanderos a Private Message
Good luck on your move... at least you know the friendships you have formed at the forum will remain intact and provide a semblance of stability as you get re-established at your new town/practice

Hoard now and hold on!

http://coppermillions.blogspot.com/
http://wherewillyoubein2012.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

NDFARMER
1000+ Penny Miser Member

USA
1197 Posts

Posted - 04/13/2010 :  10:35:06  Show Profile Send NDFARMER a Private Message
Good Luck on your move, and it won't be long and you will establish new connections and friends at your new location.

COPPER - the "poormans" precious metal!!!

SELLING - $100.00 face copper shipped to you for $189.00 machine rolled or bagged - PM me if your interested.
Go to Top of Page

Be Nice to BankTellers
Penny Sorter Member

USA
77 Posts

Posted - 04/13/2010 :  12:28:53  Show Profile Send Be Nice to BankTellers a Private Message
Ask for four boxes a week at the new branch!

Grandpa always told me, "Back in 1964..." I listened.

Selling copper cents @ $2.50/lb. + shipping.
Go to Top of Page

illeagle
Penny Sorter Member

56 Posts

Posted - 04/13/2010 :  13:13:30  Show Profile Send illeagle a Private Message
I have recently moved as well. I can relate to you. Search for a local coin club, attending a meeting has made me feel more "at home". I met a man who offered to sell me wheats at face value!

Would Like To Trade: Coins for 1 acre of rural land.

Edited by - illeagle on 04/13/2010 13:15:43
Go to Top of Page

coincrazy

USA
11 Posts

Posted - 04/13/2010 :  14:22:10  Show Profile Send coincrazy a Private Message
I've made 13 moves in the past 10 years. I just look at it as new chapters in life. You can't get to the next chapter if you don't turn the page.
Go to Top of Page

NoCents
Penny Collector Member

USA
340 Posts

Posted - 04/13/2010 :  19:46:11  Show Profile Send NoCents a Private Message
You've got the advantage of knowing what to do when you walk in the door now.
A little search on the banks in your area is cake with all the engines that are on their web sites.
Take you a day to get back in it soft.

What's in it for the dude?
Go to Top of Page

Aristobolus
Penny Sorter Member

76 Posts

Posted - 04/13/2010 :  21:41:39  Show Profile Send Aristobolus a Private Message
Best wishes on your move! You will be able to compare sorting in both places- should be interesting.
Go to Top of Page

rodebaugh
Penny Collector Member

USA
377 Posts

Posted - 04/14/2010 :  09:39:40  Show Profile Send rodebaugh a Private Message
As expected, a good mixture of well wishes, funny stories, and great advise. That is why I visit this forum just about every day. It's one of those places that puts a smile on you face every time. thanks guys, Rodebaugh

http://rodebaugh.ecrater.com/
Go to Top of Page

twentybux
Penny Pincher Member

174 Posts

Posted - 04/14/2010 :  22:20:53  Show Profile Send twentybux a Private Message
I have to agree with you. I too enjoy seeing how everyone is doing everyday and what new catches they received. On the moving note...hang in there. You are correct. It is just another chapter. Make the most of all things you do (and it sounds like you are). God bless you!
Go to Top of Page

TXTim
Penny Hoarding Member

629 Posts

Posted - 04/15/2010 :  08:49:36  Show Profile Send TXTim a Private Message
Good Luck-

The only consistent thing about life is change.

Beer is my currency.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Classic Realcent Archives © 2000-2010 Realcent.org Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.14 seconds. Powered By: ForumCo v3.4.05
RSS Feed 1 RSS Feed 2