Classic Realcent Archives
Classic Realcent Archives
Home | Profile | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Bullion Coins and Metals Investing Forums
 Copper Penny Bullion Investing
 How do you store your hoard?
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

jtm3
Penny Pincher Member

USA
187 Posts

Posted - 04/15/2010 :  21:54:12  Show Profile Send jtm3 a Private Message
I sort few enough to roll 'em up. 3-4 boxes a week when I have the money.

Copper Cent Hoarding Wiki

coppercenthoarding.wikia.com

+637 posts
Go to Top of Page

specialbob
Penny Sorter Member

USA
56 Posts

Posted - 04/16/2010 :  22:10:52  Show Profile Send specialbob a Private Message
Right now, I'm small beans. I'm storing my pennies in a couple canvas bags tied up and put in shoe boxes that I slipped under my computer desk. My girlfriend who thinks I'm crazy thought I dumped all of my pennies and has no clue about what's in the shoe boxes. Not like she could care any less, either. I tell her it's my "new hobby that keeps me off the streets at night".
Go to Top of Page

Jack Beck

USA
14 Posts

Posted - 04/17/2010 :  07:05:04  Show Profile Send Jack Beck a Private Message
I hand counted and rolled two bank boxes of cu pennies. It wasn't fun.
I started putting 5 pounds in a ziplock sandwich bag
than put 2 bags in a small flat rate Priorty Mail Box.

I might try IdahoCoppers idea.

Posted by IdahoCopper- 04/10/2010 : 07:01:58 I put 500 coins in a zipper sandwich bag, then put 5 bags in a $25 penny box. I tape it closed and put a label on it that shows its copper.

Selling 68 pounds $100 FV copper pennies, packaged loose $169.95 shipped..PM me
Go to Top of Page

johnsonjohn2441
Penny Pincher Member

USA
102 Posts

Posted - 04/17/2010 :  08:49:20  Show Profile Send johnsonjohn2441 a Private Message
i say as long as you are storing them somehow and the next guy isnt then you are a step ahead!
Go to Top of Page

klava
Penny Pincher Member

USA
192 Posts

Posted - 04/17/2010 :  09:51:43  Show Profile  Send klava an AOL message Send klava a Private Message
All last year I rolled them up as I went and put them in the $25 boxes. This year they have all went into canvas bags as I just havent had the time to roll them. I have two 5 gallon water jugs that I plan to try to fill up at some point but they will make them hard to move. My only advise is to find something to use that is free and easy to handle. Someone mentioned coffee cans and such. Just use whatever you have handy and dont invest much into storage.
Go to Top of Page

milomorai

USA
7 Posts

Posted - 04/17/2010 :  15:51:00  Show Profile Send milomorai a Private Message
Store them in 16 stick Slim Jim cardboard Canisters $8.50 per canister with a few extras in case I miss counted.
Go to Top of Page

specialbob
Penny Sorter Member

USA
56 Posts

Posted - 04/22/2010 :  21:53:13  Show Profile Send specialbob a Private Message
I store my cache (it's not large enough to call a "hoard" just yet!) in my office closet at home. I just got into nickels which I usually get by the box on payday. I put them on the floor of the closet in the back corner. Like I said, I don't have a lot of pennies yet, so they're in clothe bags in a shoe box, in a plastic container (looks like something you'd get for takeout) and in a large plastic bin/tub. I keep all Wheaties separate as I plan on selling them at some point.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Classic Realcent Archives © 2000-2010 Realcent.org Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.14 seconds. Powered By: ForumCo v3.4.05
RSS Feed 1 RSS Feed 2