Classic Realcent Archives
Classic Realcent Archives
Home | Profile | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Bullion Coins and Metals Investing Forums
 Copper Penny Bullion Investing
 Stupid Holidays
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

NoCents
Penny Collector Member

USA
340 Posts

Posted - 04/02/2010 :  08:53:03  Show Profile Send NoCents a Private Message
So much for doing a drop today.

I completely forgot that this was good friday, and didn't plan for it at all.

I'm supposed to get my Ryedale today and I got nothin! Nothin' at all to unwrap and stick it in her, she will be dissed.

Is it a girl or a boy

Stupid Holiday!

What's in it for the dude?

HoardCopperByTheTon
Administrator

USA
6807 Posts

Posted - 04/02/2010 :  08:59:02  Show Profile Send HoardCopperByTheTon a Private Message
It's not a real holiday, is it? I thought the banks were open today. Surely you have read countless threads here where it is strongly advised to stock up heavily in anticipation of the new arrival.

You will just have to run a copper verification sort on all the ones you hand sorted to see how good of a hand sorter you are.. and to familiarize yourself with the operation of this new fangled device.

If your percentages are low.. just sort more. If your percentages are high.. just sort more.

Now selling Copper pennies. 1.6x plus shipping. Limited amounts available.
Go to Top of Page

NoCents
Penny Collector Member

USA
340 Posts

Posted - 04/02/2010 :  09:26:34  Show Profile Send NoCents a Private Message
That's the same picture from last week!
You already burnt that stack.

I can see by the scuff marks on your saddle that you need to rid yourself of that motor scooter thing.
I'll take it off your hands for 3/4 of a ton.

Yes. I will be running all the coppers I have threw it today(bout $600). I know for sure there's a few z's in there that I missed.

Go to Top of Page

beauanderos
1000+ Penny Miser Member

USA
2408 Posts

Posted - 04/02/2010 :  10:12:30  Show Profile Send beauanderos a Private Message
The Bank of America branches in my area are open today. Maybe check around? Perhaps your usual pick up banks are closed, but others, or credit unions might be open. Good luck on finding a source

Hoard now and hold on!

http://coppermillions.blogspot.com/
http://wherewillyoubein2012.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

george454
Penny Pincher Member

242 Posts

Posted - 04/02/2010 :  10:13:16  Show Profile Send george454 a Private Message
That is a really nice bike HCBT, but you got it all hemmed in by the coins. You really need to get that thing out and let the wind blow through your hair or do you attach your little Red Flyer wagon to the back and use it as a pick and dump machine.
Go to Top of Page

george454
Penny Pincher Member

242 Posts

Posted - 04/02/2010 :  10:20:11  Show Profile Send george454 a Private Message
The HoardCopperByTheTon Mobile

I think you could get at least a one day supply in there.

Edited by - george454 on 04/02/2010 11:36:06
Go to Top of Page

beauanderos
1000+ Penny Miser Member

USA
2408 Posts

Posted - 04/02/2010 :  11:41:04  Show Profile Send beauanderos a Private Message
Faster than a Ryedale... spreads 18,000 pennies in thirty seconds when you corner too fast in gravel

Hoard now and hold on!

Go to Top of Page

motos
Penny Sorter Member

41 Posts

Posted - 04/02/2010 :  18:36:41  Show Profile Send motos a Private Message
I actually forgot today was good friday. Went out to TD bank, bank of america, and new alliance today. all were open!
Go to Top of Page

Country
1000+ Penny Miser Member

USA
3121 Posts

Posted - 04/02/2010 :  18:44:47  Show Profile Send Country a Private Message
Other holidays may be stupid, but Good Friday is not. Good Friday commemorates the crucifixion of Jesus Christ and his death at Calvary. For those of us who are Christians, it is the event whereby the sins of the world are taken upon Him as he dies on the cross.

Everything is open today, except maybe some banks. Postoffice is open today too. I got my Ryedale ACE via Priority Mail today.

---> Come to the new and improved realcent: http://realcent.org

The things that will destroy America are prosperity-at-any-price, peace-at-any-price, safety-first instead of duty-first, the love of soft living, and the get-rich-quick theory of life.
– Theodore Roosevelt

Edited by - Country on 04/02/2010 18:54:33
Go to Top of Page

Neckro
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Saudi Arabia
2080 Posts

Posted - 04/02/2010 :  19:07:41  Show Profile  Send Neckro an AOL message  Click to see Neckro's MSN Messenger address  Send Neckro a Yahoo! Message Send Neckro a Private Message
lol

Trolling is an art.
Go to Top of Page

JWRAY
Penny Collector Member

USA
378 Posts

Posted - 04/02/2010 :  19:17:36  Show Profile Send JWRAY a Private Message
Yep, my bank and post office both open. I dont preorder my pennies and today the teller asked me if I was going to continue buying so many pennies because I was bleeding them dry and they had to order more :()>.

MOVING SALE!!! Selling Copper Cents 1.4 shipped - in limited quantities PM me and we'll talk.
Go to Top of Page

bman
Penny Collector Member

USA
425 Posts

Posted - 04/02/2010 :  19:27:57  Show Profile Send bman a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by JWRAY

today the teller asked me if I was going to continue buying so many pennies because I was bleeding them dry and they had to order more :()>.

did you tell her you were thinking about doubling the quantity?

check out my coins for sale on ecrater : http://bmanscoinsforsale.ecrater.com/
Go to Top of Page

myfundsarelow
Penny Collector Member

USA
388 Posts

Posted - 04/02/2010 :  22:37:04  Show Profile Send myfundsarelow a Private Message
country, your fine words about good friday are truly taken to mean there is more in this life then material things we all should respect each other & do our best to be the best, as are the members of this forum PEACE!!
Go to Top of Page

NoCents
Penny Collector Member

USA
340 Posts

Posted - 04/03/2010 :  14:30:06  Show Profile Send NoCents a Private Message
Mmmmmmmmmmm christians.....

Signed,
Lions

Go to Top of Page

johnbrickner
Penny Pincher Member

154 Posts

Posted - 04/03/2010 :  17:25:05  Show Profile Send johnbrickner a Private Message
Perhaps I need to get out more often, but some of my best laughs come from this forum!

"I Killed the Bank" from the tombstone of Andrew Jackson
Go to Top of Page

rosco
Penny Collector Member

USA
254 Posts

Posted - 04/03/2010 :  17:34:17  Show Profile Send rosco a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by NoCents

Mmmmmmmmmmm christians.....

Signed,
Lions

Give US some slack We haven't Killed people for years to get them to convert. Now sometimes we a killed for our beliefs, Here we can be friends I Hope.

Old Geezer a HAND Sorter
Go to Top of Page

beauanderos
1000+ Penny Miser Member

USA
2408 Posts

Posted - 04/04/2010 :  10:08:37  Show Profile Send beauanderos a Private Message
I went to Winco yesterday and have never seen it so busy! Every register was backed up ten to fifteen customers deep. I thought it might have been the discount flyer they had sent out this week and then struck up a conversation with the guy next to me. "Easter," he said, "all the stores are closed tomorrow." "Oh yeah," I thought, "well anyway... I've got enough food." And then a more important thought struck me... "do I have enough copper to get me through the day??"

Hoard now and hold on!

Go to Top of Page

fasteddy
Penny Collector Member

USA
298 Posts

Posted - 04/08/2010 :  11:36:47  Show Profile Send fasteddy a Private Message
thanks Country for setting the record straight on Good Friday...This day is becoming more important for us as we get diluted/polluted. Easy all I mean MATERIAL THINGS...Crap that they want us to buy instead of celebrating the meaning of the holiday.

Check this out...around my house the only establishments closed on Easter was the two Chinese restaurants and the liquor store...well the liquor store is always closed on Sunday.
Go to Top of Page

Kurr
1000+ Penny Miser Member

2906 Posts

Posted - 04/08/2010 :  13:09:35  Show Profile Send Kurr a Private Message
If I may be so bold, I do not wish to offend anyone:

You must be logged in to see this link.
quote:

They do not allow quotes, but a good history on Nimrod in particular and easter in general

Also

quote:

Easter is a pagan festival. If Easter isn't really about Jesus, then what is it about? Today, we see a secular culture celebrating the spring equinox, whilst religious culture celebrates the resurrection. However, early Christianity made a pragmatic acceptance of ancient pagan practises, most of which we enjoy today at Easter. The general symbolic story of the death of the son (sun) on a cross (the constellation of the Southern Cross) and his rebirth, overcoming the powers of darkness, was a well worn story in the ancient world. There were plenty of parallel, rival resurrected saviours too.

The Sumerian goddess Inanna, or Ishtar, was hung naked on a stake, and was subsequently resurrected and ascended from the underworld. One of the oldest resurrection myths is Egyptian Horus. Born on 25 December, Horus and his damaged eye became symbols of life and rebirth. Mithras was born on what we now call Christmas day, and his followers celebrated the spring equinox. Even as late as the 4th century AD, the sol invictus, associated with Mithras, was the last great pagan cult the church had to overcome. Dionysus was a divine child, resurrected by his grandmother. Dionysus also brought his mum, Semele, back to life.

In an ironic twist, the Cybele cult flourished on today's Vatican Hill. Cybele's lover Attis, was born of a virgin, died and was reborn annually. This spring festival began as a day of blood on Black Friday, rising to a crescendo after three days, in rejoicing over the resurrection. There was violent conflict on Vatican Hill in the early days of Christianity between the Jesus worshippers and pagans who quarrelled over whose God was the true, and whose the imitation. What is interesting to note here is that in the ancient world, wherever you had popular resurrected god myths, Christianity found lots of converts. So, eventually Christianity came to an accommodation with the pagan Spring festival. Although we see no celebration of Easter in the New Testament, early church fathers celebrated it, and today many churches are offering "sunrise services" at Easter – an obvious pagan solar celebration. The date of Easter is not fixed, but instead is governed by the phases of the moon – how pagan is that?

All the fun things about Easter are pagan. Bunnies are a leftover from the pagan festival of Eostre, a great northern goddess whose symbol was a rabbit or hare. Exchange of eggs is an ancient custom, celebrated by many cultures. Hot cross buns are very ancient too. In the Old Testament we see the Israelites baking sweet buns for an idol, and religious leaders trying to put a stop to it. The early church clergy also tried to put a stop to sacred cakes being baked at Easter. In the end, in the face of defiant cake-baking pagan women, they gave up and blessed the cake instead.

Easter is essentially a pagan festival which is celebrated with cards, gifts and novelty Easter products, because it's fun and the ancient symbolism still works. It's always struck me that the power of nature and the longer days are often most felt in modern towns and cities, where we set off to work without putting on our car headlights and when our alarm clock goes off in the mornings, the streetlights outside are not still on because of the darkness.

What better way to celebrate, than to bite the head off the bunny goddess, go to a "sunrise service", get yourself a sticky-footed fluffy chick and stick it on your TV, whilst helping yourself to a hefty slice of pagan simnel cake? Happy Easter everyone!

****************************************************************************************
When they fell and went to worship at Jesus' feet did he himself not raise them up and say "Do not worship me but the Father"?
****************************************************************************************
i·dol
n.
a. An image used as an object of worship.[like a cross? insert mine]
b. A false god.
2. One that is adored, often blindly or excessively.
3. Something visible but without substance.

Ba·al (bääl, bäl, bl)
n. pl. Baals or Baal·im (bää-lm, bälm)
1. Any of various local fertility and nature gods of the ancient Semitic peoples considered to be false gods by the Hebrews.
2. often baal A false god or idol.
[Hebrew ba'al, lord, Baal; see bl in Semitic roots.]

Baal [b#593;#720;l]
n
1. (Myth & Legend / Non-European Myth & Legend) any of several ancient Semitic fertility gods
2. (Myth & Legend / Non-European Myth & Legend) Phoenician myth the sun god and supreme national deity
3. (Spirituality, New Age, Astrology & Self-help / Alternative Belief Systems) (sometimes not capital) any false god or idol
[from Hebrew bá`al lord, master]

I do not celebrate easter

Someone thought it odd last year I think, but I do not remember if I elaborated or not.

There is but one true Lord, and that is Jesus, the Christ, Prince of Peace, and King of Kings, and the only begotten son of the One True God, Creator of the Universe and Maker of it's Law's as revealed to man in the Holy Scriptures. It is Him and Him alone I seek to celebrate and glorify in my life, and not any custom, holiday or system of man. I do not need anything to "represent" or "signify" Him that I follow, because I see the Glory of His Love, the Perfection of His Laws, and and the Magnificence of His Creation around me every day and at all times.

Everything else is just a distraction

I do not care what it is called or how these holidays [holy days] are viewed by most. When I see them and hear of them, I see the pagan origins and systems of worship and because of this I am forbidden by the scriptures to abstain.
quote:

1 Corinthians 10
1For I do not want you to be ignorant of the fact, brothers, that our forefathers were all under the cloud and that they all passed through the sea. 2They were all baptized into Moses in the cloud and in the sea. 3They all ate the same spiritual food 4and drank the same spiritual drink; for they drank from the spiritual rock that accompanied them, and that rock was Christ. 5Nevertheless, God was not pleased with most of them; their bodies were scattered over the desert.

6Now these things occurred as examples[a] to keep us from setting our hearts on evil things as they did. 7Do not be idolaters, as some of them were; as it is written: "The people sat down to eat and drink and got up to indulge in pagan revelry." 8We should not commit sexual immorality, as some of them did—and in one day twenty-three thousand of them died. 9We should not test the Lord, as some of them did—and were killed by snakes. 10And do not grumble, as some of them did—and were killed by the destroying angel.

11These things happened to them as examples and were written down as warnings for us, on whom the fulfillment of the ages has come. 12So, if you think you are standing firm, be careful that you don't fall! 13No temptation has seized you except what is common to man. And God is faithful; he will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted, he will also provide a way out so that you can stand up under it.

And now I have elaborated.

The silver [is] mine, and the gold [is] mine, saith the LORD of hosts. Hag 2:8 [/b]
He created it. He controls it. He gave it to us for His use. Why did we turn from sound scriptural currency that PROTECTS us?

KJV Bible w/ Strong's Concordance: http://www.blueletterbible.org/
The book of The Hundreds: http://www.land.netonecom.net/tlp/ref/boh/bookOfTheHundreds_v4.1.pdf
The Two Republics: http://www.whitehorsemedia.com/docs/THE_TWO_REPUBLICS.pdf
Good reading: http://ecclesia.org/truth/government.html

A number of people are educated beyond, sometimes way beyond, their intelligence. - Tenbears

Go to Top of Page

Neckro
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Saudi Arabia
2080 Posts

Posted - 04/08/2010 :  13:18:56  Show Profile  Send Neckro an AOL message  Click to see Neckro's MSN Messenger address  Send Neckro a Yahoo! Message Send Neckro a Private Message
I agree with Kurr's reasoning.

Trolling is an art.
Go to Top of Page

Kurr
1000+ Penny Miser Member

2906 Posts

Posted - 04/08/2010 :  13:29:09  Show Profile Send Kurr a Private Message
Thank you, but it is not my humble and faulty reasoning.

It was just my way of presenting the written Word of God. It is His, not mine

The silver [is] mine, and the gold [is] mine, saith the LORD of hosts. Hag 2:8 [/b]
He created it. He controls it. He gave it to us for His use. Why did we turn from sound scriptural currency that PROTECTS us?

KJV Bible w/ Strong's Concordance: http://www.blueletterbible.org/
The book of The Hundreds: http://www.land.netonecom.net/tlp/ref/boh/bookOfTheHundreds_v4.1.pdf
The Two Republics: http://www.whitehorsemedia.com/docs/THE_TWO_REPUBLICS.pdf
Good reading: http://ecclesia.org/truth/government.html

A number of people are educated beyond, sometimes way beyond, their intelligence. - Tenbears

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Classic Realcent Archives © 2000-2010 Realcent.org Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.25 seconds. Powered By: ForumCo v3.4.05
RSS Feed 1 RSS Feed 2