Classic Realcent Archives
Classic Realcent Archives
Home | Profile | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Bullion Coins and Metals Investing Forums
 Copper Penny Bullion Investing
 zincs
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

toomuchcopper
Penny Collector Member

USA
406 Posts

Posted - 03/05/2010 :  19:35:42  Show Profile Send toomuchcopper a Private Message
in the last two years I have had three different contacts looking for zincs to sort, while I have never spent the time to look into what they are sorting for, I have sold a fair amount of zincs that way. when I say sold I mean, given at face value, I know for a fact that there is other people on the forum that are giving there zincs to people to be sortd and even think there may be a zinc sorter or two on the forum.....I would like to hear more from you guys on this, perhaps the rest of us are missing the boat on the zinc sorting concept.
If there really is enough reason to do this perhaps a network is in order, as I am sure that all the copper sorters would love to have there zincs bought at face and the zinc sorters would not have to deal with the banks to get them, Or even better idea would be if you zinc sorting guys would buy them from the banks and then sort them to seperate the zincs that they want, and then we can buy the coppers from you as your culls for face value.....I see a win, win here....

visit www.crazycoinguy.com
for information on how to sort, what to sort, and sorting equipment. We also sell copper pennies in bulk, and other coins.

Edited by - toomuchcopper on 03/05/2010 19:42:53

dakota1955
1000+ Penny Miser Member

2212 Posts

Posted - 03/05/2010 :  19:38:12  Show Profile  Send dakota1955 a Yahoo! Message Send dakota1955 a Private Message
I think that shipping cost would be the main factor here.
Go to Top of Page

dixiebooks
Penny Sorter Member

USA
92 Posts

Posted - 03/06/2010 :  10:39:45  Show Profile Send dixiebooks a Private Message
It would have to be a local network, as I am sure tmc meant. -js

James.M.Wagner

eBid, my faorite greedBay alternative: http://us.ebid.net/perl/normal.cgi?ref=800619&mo=register-main
Go to Top of Page

Kurr
1000+ Penny Miser Member

2906 Posts

Posted - 03/06/2010 :  10:51:26  Show Profile Send Kurr a Private Message
Bah, zinc is lighter than copper so I can ship over 100.00 in a flat rate.

There are TONS of varieties in the zinc years for hand sorters.

If anybody wants Zincs to sort I'll happily sell mine, just PM me.

The silver [is] mine, and the gold [is] mine, saith the LORD of hosts. Hag 2:8 [/b]
He created it. He controls it. He gave it to us for His use. Why did we turn from sound scriptural currency that PROTECTS us?

KJV Bible w/ Strong's Concordance: http://www.blueletterbible.org/
The book of The Hundreds: http://www.land.netonecom.net/tlp/ref/boh/bookOfTheHundreds_v4.1.pdf
The Two Republics: http://www.whitehorsemedia.com/docs/THE_TWO_REPUBLICS.pdf
Good reading: http://ecclesia.org/truth/government.html

A number of people are educated beyond, sometimes way beyond, their intelligence. - Tenbears

Go to Top of Page

slickeast
1000+ Penny Miser Member

USA
2533 Posts

Posted - 03/06/2010 :  12:33:06  Show Profile Send slickeast a Private Message
I loaned 2 buckets of zincs to a friend to sort through. There are errors and varieties to search for. He has found enough in the 2 buckets to make it worth his time. I don't like looking through the coppers to pull wheats, and searching zincs has an even less appeal to me.

Each person has there own approach to coins, and that is what attracts so many differnent people to the hobby.

You don't have to be the BEST you just have to be.......SLICK

Go to Top of Page

dp2007
Penny Pincher Member

130 Posts

Posted - 03/08/2010 :  07:42:19  Show Profile Send dp2007 a Private Message
I would be willing to give up my zinc at face value. Right now I have almost $1,000.00 worth that needs to be dumped. If anyone is traveling near Fayetteville NC I live less than a mile from I95. IF you want some zinc let me know.
Go to Top of Page

JobIII
1000+ Penny Miser Member

USA
1507 Posts

Posted - 03/08/2010 :  16:45:36  Show Profile Send JobIII a Private Message
I actually just found a similar RC member that will buy at FV relatively large quantities from me. I'm happy to avoid a bank and get a large amount of zincs off my hands. The buyer is happy to have zincs to sort for errors. It's a win-win.

Selling Copper cents. $0 FV available at 1.4xFV. Also interested in trading for wheat pennies and other coins Please pm me for requests or inquiries.

Go to Top of Page

JobIII
1000+ Penny Miser Member

USA
1507 Posts

Posted - 03/08/2010 :  16:47:15  Show Profile Send JobIII a Private Message
I think it largely depends on the location of the zinc sorters in reference to you. TMC, it sounds like you are lucky enough to have some local connections, unless i misunderstood you. You aren't shipping these to people are you?

Selling Copper cents. $0 FV available at 1.4xFV. Also interested in trading for wheat pennies and other coins Please pm me for requests or inquiries.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Classic Realcent Archives © 2000-2010 Realcent.org Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.14 seconds. Powered By: ForumCo v3.4.05
RSS Feed 1 RSS Feed 2