Classic Realcent Archives
Classic Realcent Archives
Home | Profile | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Bullion Coins and Metals Investing Forums
 Copper Penny Bullion Investing
 where do I get
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Beau
Penny Pincher Member

216 Posts

Posted - 03/08/2010 :  01:05:34  Show Profile Send Beau a Private Message
where do you buy the penny sorters?
where do you get so many pennies and nickles?
my bank will only let me have a few rolls at a time like 10 rolls.

I would like to try my luck on the pennies.

this seems like a really good site.
I have been collecting for over 40 years.

GOOD LUCK GUYS

jadedragon
Administrator

Canada
3788 Posts

Posted - 03/08/2010 :  01:34:18  Show Profile Send jadedragon a Private Message
Welcome Beau. Glad you made it in.

Buy coins from Banks, Credit Unions etc. If you ask for larger amounts you can settle for smaller amounts. Also I often ask if they want to get ride of coins so they don't have to ship them.

sorters from You must be logged in to see this link. Andy (the owner) also has a $100 model but it's not on the site yet.

“The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.” – George Bernard Shaw.
Why Copper Bullion ~~~ Interview with Silver Bullion Producer Market Harmony
Passive Income blog
Go to Top of Page

wolvesdad
1000+ Penny Miser Member

USA
2164 Posts

Posted - 03/08/2010 :  05:08:01  Show Profile Send wolvesdad a Private Message
Also, some banks don't mind if you bring in 50 rolls of 'sorted' pennies and exchange them for 50 rolls of 'unsorted' pennies. They don't loose there supply and you get to sort more. The better relationship you have with the bank the more likely they'll do exchanges. If you have a large balance on deposit at the bank ($1,000 or more) and they refuse to let you get $25 or $50 at a time in pennies, just talk with the bank manager and discuss what your patronage is worth. Look at other banks. Other banks or even just some specific branches tend to be nicer to 'coin collectors' than others.

"May your percentages ever increase!"
Go to Top of Page

fb101
Administrator

USA
2856 Posts

Posted - 03/08/2010 :  19:30:17  Show Profile Send fb101 a Private Message
Open other account; almost all banks have free checking accounts, open put in a minimum, and get them used to seeing your face.
I used to go in, make deposits, next day hit the mac machine. But the tellers get used to seeing your face and they know you're a customer.

Go to Top of Page

JWRAY
Penny Collector Member

USA
378 Posts

Posted - 03/09/2010 :  09:22:06  Show Profile Send JWRAY a Private Message
The frustration at dealing with some banks can sometimes be discouraging. I opened accounts at a new bank so I could seperate the source and dump site and also so my source bank would quit hounding me about dumping. They are not happy when I buy boxes of pennies and nickels wrapped and then return them unwrapped shortly thereafter to be counted. They are on the verge of refusing me nickel boxes altogether.

All in all I think it mostly depends on the teller. One branch I go to has a few great tellers that never complain, ask questions, etc. Just give me what I ask for or sort what I dump. Other tellers ask hundreds of questions - are you a business, do you have a business account - what will you be needing the change for - and often simply refuse me. "We dont keep that kind of change on hand for normal customers, we reserve that for businesses"

Fun stuff.

MOVING SALE!!! Selling Copper Cents 1.4 shipped - in limited quantities PM me and we'll talk.
Go to Top of Page

NDFARMER
1000+ Penny Miser Member

USA
1197 Posts

Posted - 03/09/2010 :  10:09:31  Show Profile Send NDFARMER a Private Message
NEVER PICK UP AND DUMP AT THE SAME BANK. Check around and see if there are any banks in your area that have self serve coin counters in their lobby. I am lucky enough to have 3 banks that have these. I dump 4 bags each week at each of these and they are also glad to give me any bags they accumulated in the last week so I have the best of both worlds I do what I just told you not to do I dump and pick up at the same bank but from what I hear from others this is rare. Go into banks and see if they will order pennies for you. Start an account with them if you have to and be honest about what you are doing tell them you are searching for copper and wheat pennies. See if they will order 4 boxes a week for you. If you have a standing order of 4 boxes a week then they can order them and it does not leave them short of pennies if you come in randomly and pick up 4 boxes. But if you have a standing order ALWAYS MAKE SURE YOU PICK UP YOUR ORDER EACH WEEK.

COPPER - the "poormans" precious metal!!!

SELLING - $100.00 face copper shipped to you for $189.00 machine rolled or bagged - PM me if your interested.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Classic Realcent Archives © 2000-2010 Realcent.org Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.11 seconds. Powered By: ForumCo v3.4.05
RSS Feed 1 RSS Feed 2