Classic Realcent Archives
Classic Realcent Archives
Home | Profile | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Bullion Coins and Metals Investing Forums
 Copper Penny Bullion Investing
 Would you buy WHEATS @ .03 EACH or sort for 59-81
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

penny bubba
Penny Sorter Member

50 Posts

Posted - 02/24/2010 :  20:53:26  Show Profile Send penny bubba a Private Message
Im new would you buy wheats at .03 each or sort for 59-81. I have about $2000.00 to invest got a sample of the wheats and they ere nice any input would be great.Thanks

dakota1955
1000+ Penny Miser Member

2212 Posts

Posted - 02/24/2010 :  20:57:06  Show Profile  Send dakota1955 a Yahoo! Message Send dakota1955 a Private Message
Wheats sell for 4-5 cent each. Copper 59-81 you can get for a cent each. How long do you plan to hold or sell. I would do both.
Go to Top of Page

thogey
1000+ Penny Miser Member

USA
1617 Posts

Posted - 02/24/2010 :  21:08:27  Show Profile Send thogey a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by dakota1955

Wheats sell for 4-5 cent each. Copper 59-81 you can get for a cent each. How long do you plan to hold or sell. I would do both.

Where can I get 4-5 for wheats?

How much would I have to sell (lot sizes) to get that price?

Come to the new and improved realcent: http://realcent.org
Go to Top of Page

HoardCopperByTheTon
Administrator

USA
6807 Posts

Posted - 02/24/2010 :  21:42:29  Show Profile Send HoardCopperByTheTon a Private Message
I would buy all the wheats at .03.. sell them at .04.. then use the money to buy pennies to sort or buy presorted copper from other members.

If your percentages are low.. just sort more. If your percentages are high.. just sort more.

Now selling Copper pennies. 1.6x plus shipping. Limited amounts available.
Go to Top of Page

rakattack
Penny Pincher Member

105 Posts

Posted - 02/24/2010 :  22:08:49  Show Profile Send rakattack a Private Message
If you have $2000 in investments I suggest buying GOLD coins instead of wheats. Gold coins appreciate much faster and IMHO look much better than wheats.
Go to Top of Page

Dalmatian929

15 Posts

Posted - 02/24/2010 :  22:42:09  Show Profile Send Dalmatian929 a Private Message
I have to agree with rakattack. It's your money so do what you want. But if you are looking to make a sound investment I would put the 2k into gold or silver before wheat pennies.

The only way I could justify putting that much money into wheat pennies would be if you were going to hold onto them extremely long term - and I am talking 40 years or more.

Edited by - Dalmatian929 on 02/24/2010 22:44:23
Go to Top of Page

sheba
Penny Pincher Member

USA
191 Posts

Posted - 02/24/2010 :  23:03:52  Show Profile Send sheba a Private Message
Welcome to the forum! Probably the best, and best managed, forum I've ever been on. Great advice, no flaming, questions answered ... you'll like the forum!

Are the wheats 'pre-sorted'? What I mean is this: is there any way for you to know 'for sure' that these are unsorted wheats?

If so, that price is a great price because there could be some really great dates in kind of quantity. But you would have to make sure that the coins have honestly 'not been numismatically sorted'.

I think truly unsorted Wheaties would normally cost a whole lot more than .03 per cent. Best wishes, whatever you do.

sheba

woof ... wag ... whine
Go to Top of Page

Megaman
Penny Pincher Member

USA
173 Posts

Posted - 02/24/2010 :  23:03:53  Show Profile Send Megaman a Private Message
i'd say silver over gold

Must hoard more......
Go to Top of Page

penny bubba
Penny Sorter Member

50 Posts

Posted - 02/24/2010 :  23:07:15  Show Profile Send penny bubba a Private Message
the wheats have most likely been sorted
Go to Top of Page

HoardCopperByTheTon
Administrator

USA
6807 Posts

Posted - 02/24/2010 :  23:14:00  Show Profile Send HoardCopperByTheTon a Private Message
I think 3 cents is a good price for "sorted" wheats.

If your percentages are low.. just sort more. If your percentages are high.. just sort more.

Now selling Copper pennies. 1.6x plus shipping. Limited amounts available.
Go to Top of Page

beauanderos
1000+ Penny Miser Member

USA
2408 Posts

Posted - 02/24/2010 :  23:18:39  Show Profile Send beauanderos a Private Message
If you enjoy copper, it's an inexpensive hobby. Take half of your $2000 and divide that in half. Buy $1000 of junk silver (silver will outperform gold) from wherever you can get a good deal. Buy $500 of penny boxes from the bank to sort... and most important, use the other $500 to buy a Ryedale. You can find your own wheaties, why buy them? It's fun to find them, and about one percent of your copper will be wheaties. Depending on what Fed District you live in, your percentages of copper encountered during sorting will vary.

Hoard now and hold on!

http://coppermillions.blogspot.com/
http://wherewillyoubein2012.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

simplicitycounts
Penny Hoarding Member

USA
535 Posts

Posted - 02/24/2010 :  23:57:45  Show Profile Send simplicitycounts a Private Message
I'd take the wheats at 3 cents. You really can't lose. If you ever feel that you can't make money I will buy the wheats at 3 cents from you and you can at least break even.
Go to Top of Page

bman
Penny Collector Member

USA
425 Posts

Posted - 02/25/2010 :  06:41:39  Show Profile Send bman a Private Message
you could buy the wheats at 3cents each and sort out the better dates and BU coins and sell the rest for the same 3 cents each. Then sell the better dates and BU's for a profit but there may not be many/any to find

check out my coins for sale on ecrater : http://bmanscoinsforsale.ecrater.com/
Go to Top of Page

NDFARMER
1000+ Penny Miser Member

USA
1197 Posts

Posted - 02/25/2010 :  06:57:05  Show Profile Send NDFARMER a Private Message
Definitely BUY THE WHEATS!!! Then search them for better dates. Then dump whats left for a 25% profit then buy silver or gold.

COPPER - the "poormans" precious metal!!!

SELLING - $100.00 face copper shipped to you for $189.00 machine rolled or bagged - PM me if your interested.
Go to Top of Page

Mcprice302
Penny Collector Member

USA
404 Posts

Posted - 02/25/2010 :  07:32:33  Show Profile Send Mcprice302 a Private Message
I would get the wheats for .03 and sell for .04 if it were me. I would do this until the supply had run out of wheats at 3 cents. Then, if you don't mind a more long-term investment, I'd be grabbing up deals on silver. If you just want to play the dips and rises, look into an etf. If you dont mind some risk and have the knowledge, stock trading could work for you as well, although 2K isnt really enough to get into that very far.

What sells well in your area? You could arbitrage on guns, boats, cars, stereos, the list goes on. Take what you know and work with it. However, don't invest anything that would put you in a financial bind if you were to lose it or had to sit on it for a while.
Go to Top of Page

dp2007
Penny Pincher Member

130 Posts

Posted - 02/25/2010 :  08:02:33  Show Profile Send dp2007 a Private Message
penny bubba, Please do not take investment advice from a forum. We mean well but we don't know what we are talking about anymore than the next guy. Gold and silver are commodities and they can lose value as easily as gain value. As for your original question 3 cents per wheat is not a bad deal if you are looking to start collecting.
You can't beat the fun of searching through rolls but expect to find about one wheat for every 10 rolls searched. And that one is likely to be a 1940 or 50's commom date. Go slow and do what is fun for you.
Go to Top of Page

ScottyTX
Penny Hoarding Member

USA
508 Posts

Posted - 02/26/2010 :  23:20:40  Show Profile Send ScottyTX a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Dalmatian929

I have to agree with rakattack. It's your money so do what you want. But if you are looking to make a sound investment I would put the 2k into gold or silver before wheat pennies.

The only way I could justify putting that much money into wheat pennies would be if you were going to hold onto them extremely long term - and I am talking 40 years or more.

Humm, I have personally bought thousands of dollars in the past of wheat cents for over .03 each just to flip them. I would 100% buy them for this price if for no other reason than to flip. Long term investment? Ummm I can see many other things out there to drop money into that would be better but.....
Go to Top of Page

64HalfStacker

USA
8 Posts

Posted - 02/27/2010 :  04:56:06  Show Profile Send 64HalfStacker a Private Message

[/quote]

Where can I get 4-5 for wheats?

How much would I have to sell (lot sizes) to get that price?
[/quote]

Check craigslist. There is a guy on my area craigslist that will pay $2 for a roll of wheats.
Go to Top of Page

ish
Penny Sorter Member

44 Posts

Posted - 02/27/2010 :  07:07:54  Show Profile Send ish a Private Message
what is a bu date??
Go to Top of Page

wolvesdad
1000+ Penny Miser Member

USA
2164 Posts

Posted - 02/27/2010 :  12:41:11  Show Profile Send wolvesdad a Private Message
So much to learn, .... so little time!!

BU= Brilliant uncirculated, it is a step above Uncirculated(UNC). Not likely to find BU in a mixed lot, but in rolls, yes. In whole rolls they could be worth 10-25c a piece.

"May your percentages ever increase!"
Go to Top of Page

twocents
Penny Collector Member

398 Posts

Posted - 02/28/2010 :  10:27:31  Show Profile Send twocents a Private Message
I would not buy gold right now. Gold is overpriced. It is near a high. I would much rather wait and pick it up again at about $900 on a dip. Gold always goes up and down. Yes, I do believe it is going up to $3000 but not before it ping-pongs back and forth between relative higher and relative lower prices. I would buy any other PM over gold right now.

Just my two cents!
Go to Top of Page

harley1
Penny Pincher Member

140 Posts

Posted - 03/01/2010 :  08:12:46  Show Profile Send harley1 a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by twocents

I would not buy gold right now. Gold is overpriced. It is near a high. I would much rather wait and pick it up again at about $900 on a dip. Gold always goes up and down. Yes, I do believe it is going up to $3000 but not before it ping-pongs back and forth between relative higher and relative lower prices. I would buy any other PM over gold right now.

saying gold will hit 3000.00 and now is a bad time to buy because it is near a high does not make a whole lot of sense.

Today is the tomorrow we worried about yesterday.
Go to Top of Page

JobIII
1000+ Penny Miser Member

USA
1507 Posts

Posted - 03/01/2010 :  08:17:55  Show Profile Send JobIII a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Dalmatian929

I strongly disagree with you here. there are people selling wheats in bulk at 3 cents a piece. And there are people buying all the wheats you can produce at 5 cents a piece. Why buy gold which is already riding the peak of a bubble when you could make nearly close to 60% profit? And this is for the short term gains, if they were to actually hold these wheats for 40+ years the profits would probably be higher.

Selling Copper cents. $0 FV available at 1.4xFV. Also interested in trading for wheat pennies and other coins Please pm me for requests or inquiries.

Go to Top of Page

NDFARMER
1000+ Penny Miser Member

USA
1197 Posts

Posted - 03/01/2010 :  09:29:38  Show Profile Send NDFARMER a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by JobIII

And there are people buying all the wheats you can produce at 5 cents a piece.

Could you please PM me with a name or names where I can sell wheats for 5 cents apiece. I have several bags I would like to sell. Thanks.

COPPER - the "poormans" precious metal!!!

SELLING - $100.00 face copper shipped to you for $189.00 machine rolled or bagged - PM me if your interested.
Go to Top of Page

PennySaved
1000+ Penny Miser Member

USA
1720 Posts

Posted - 03/01/2010 :  09:52:45  Show Profile Send PennySaved a Private Message
I agree with Job; I was talking to my local coin store and he buys wheats for 4 cents a piece and sells them for 5 cents a piece and he sells at wholesale prices.

There is a guy locally that buys them for 5 cents a piece.

I was happy with big lot of wheat pennies I bought for $400 last year from a local guy (4 cents a piece). I found a wide range 10's, 20's, 30's. 40's and 50's. No key dates but pretty good for 4 cents a piece.

SELLING COPPER PENNIES 1.4X FACE SHIPPED......“I sincerely believe that banking establishments are more dangerous than standing armies, and that the principles of spending money to be paid by posterity, under the name of funding, is but swindling futurity on a large scale” Thomas Jefferson
Go to Top of Page

JobIII
1000+ Penny Miser Member

USA
1507 Posts

Posted - 03/01/2010 :  13:03:32  Show Profile Send JobIII a Private Message
ND when you say bags do you mean $50, $100 or what? I'm not sure these buyers are willing to buy through the mail. If you are seriously interested in moving them let me know and i'll ask the buyers.

I'm making reference to Craigslist ads. I don't know any of these buyers aside from the postings at CL.

Selling Copper cents. $0 FV available at 1.4xFV. Also interested in trading for wheat pennies and other coins Please pm me for requests or inquiries.

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Classic Realcent Archives © 2000-2010 Realcent.org Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.2 seconds. Powered By: ForumCo v3.4.05
RSS Feed 1 RSS Feed 2