Classic Realcent Archives
Classic Realcent Archives
Home | Profile | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Related Topics, Learning and Information
 Non-Metals Necessities and Things To Think About
 bugging out one way or another....
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

caridad
Penny Pincher Member

USA
227 Posts

Posted - 02/09/2010 :  17:50:17  Show Profile Send caridad a Private Message
i have plans to bug out one way or another. i do have a shelter in place strategy. i have implemented a G.O.O.D. plan as well. in my car i have my GO BAG that suits my family of 3. my dd's backpack is always ready to go since it goes to her school.

in my truck is my dd's old stroller, which really doesn't get used much now. next to it is my old teacher's granny cart that anyone can buy at best buy or office supply. well, since i discovered it was easier to enter a classroom by myself and not the cart i converted the cart to a GO CART for BUGGING OUT.

i went to the discount dollar store and bought some containers to hold shelf stable groceries. yes shelf stable groceries. my bug out bag has the mountain house food and the cart has the shelf stable groceries.

i have four containers. each container has a printed out list of what can be found inside them. these containers have food items in soft plastic packets. soups in envelopes, mashed potatoes, beans, pasta, rice, pasta sauce mixes, etc... separate and standing up is a gallon of water with a screwed on cap, not the pull tab.

my idea is this. usually a typiical emergency will have us moving in with family or a motel. the food in the teacher's granny cart is for just that occassion. for when we get to a location where we can cook. the bug out bag is for more extreme emergencies where all we can do is heat up water and cook our mountain house food. which, can be found at wal-mart.

now what if we have to go on foot? well, with a four year old it's hard to walk too far before she'd say, "mami/daddy pick me up." so the stroller is there to carry her in. it will also come in handy to carry items. thisis what i have been able to come up with. this is what works for me right now. i can't afford a gaming cart. and can't explain it away since we don't go hunting. however, a stroller left in the trunk is explainable since we do have a child...

ARE YOU READY? ARE YOU SELF SUFFICIENT? ARE YOU GREEN????

caridad
Penny Pincher Member

USA
227 Posts

Posted - 04/17/2010 :  20:25:51  Show Profile Send caridad a Private Message
Any comments are greatly appreciated.

ARE YOU READY? ARE YOU SELF SUFFICIENT? ARE YOU GREEN????
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Classic Realcent Archives © 2000-2010 Realcent.org Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.23 seconds. Powered By: ForumCo v3.4.05
RSS Feed 1 RSS Feed 2