Classic Realcent Archives
Classic Realcent Archives
Home | Profile | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Bullion Coins and Metals Investing Forums
 Copper Penny Bullion Investing
 Would you pick up a penny off the sidewalk (floor)
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

JWRAY
Penny Collector Member

USA
378 Posts

Posted - 03/23/2010 :  20:04:20  Show Profile Send JWRAY a Private Message
I picked up a penny today on my walk to work. It was on the sidewalk in front of a frat house near the university, with four or five college guys watching me and giggling. Like someone said above, once you get over the embarassment of going to the bank and asking for hundreds of dollars in change on a regular basis, one coin off the ground is nothing.

It is just about time to grab my yearly aluminum cans too. Once the snow melts all those cans that have been buried roadside all winter are easy picking. Another easy way to get goofy looks from passerbys.

MOVING SALE!!! Selling Copper Cents 1.4 shipped - in limited quantities PM me and we'll talk.

Edited by - JWRAY on 03/23/2010 20:06:02
Go to Top of Page

Ardent Listener
Administrator

USA
4841 Posts

Posted - 03/23/2010 :  20:12:18  Show Profile Send Ardent Listener a Private Message
I often find pennies and even dimes on the ground but few nickels.

Realcent.forumco.com disclosure. Please read.
All posts either by the members, moderators, and the administration of http://realcent.forumco.com are for your edification and amusement only. It is not the intent of realcent.forumco.com or its host to provide investment, medical, matrimonial, legal, security or tax advice and nothing posted here should be considered to be so. All rights reserved.

Think positive.
Go to Top of Page

Jason
Penny Pincher Member

USA
138 Posts

Posted - 03/23/2010 :  20:14:09  Show Profile  Send Jason an AOL message Send Jason a Private Message
I don't mind a goofy look knowing my personal wealth just went up even if only by small fractions of a dollar:)

Rule six: There is no rule six.
Go to Top of Page

Ardent Listener
Administrator

USA
4841 Posts

Posted - 03/23/2010 :  20:16:21  Show Profile Send Ardent Listener a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by JWRAY

I picked up a penny today on my walk to work. It was on the sidewalk in front of a frat house near the university, with four or five college guys watching me and giggling. Like someone said above, once you get over the embarassment of going to the bank and asking for hundreds of dollars in change on a regular basis, one coin off the ground is nothing.

It is just about time to grab my yearly aluminum cans too. Once the snow melts all those cans that have been buried roadside all winter are easy picking. Another easy way to get goofy looks from passerbys.

Once the snow melts in the parking lots where it was plowed into piles the lost change is exposed for the taking.

Realcent.forumco.com disclosure. Please read.
All posts either by the members, moderators, and the administration of http://realcent.forumco.com are for your edification and amusement only. It is not the intent of realcent.forumco.com or its host to provide investment, medical, matrimonial, legal, security or tax advice and nothing posted here should be considered to be so. All rights reserved.

Think positive.
Go to Top of Page

iouhc19

USA
5 Posts

Posted - 03/23/2010 :  22:42:31  Show Profile Send iouhc19 a Private Message
My grandmother had an old saying "Those who won't pick up pennies won't pick up dollars"

Sincerely yours
Go to Top of Page

JWRAY
Penny Collector Member

USA
378 Posts

Posted - 03/23/2010 :  23:32:13  Show Profile Send JWRAY a Private Message
Good call Ardent, never thought of that. Will be paying close attention to box store parking lots in the next few days.

MOVING SALE!!! Selling Copper Cents 1.4 shipped - in limited quantities PM me and we'll talk.
Go to Top of Page

redneck
1000+ Penny Miser Member

1273 Posts

Posted - 03/24/2010 :  06:04:37  Show Profile Send redneck a Private Message

Picking up a penny off the sidewalk is a breeze...

If you want a challenge...

Try picking one up out of a urinal...

>

Go to Top of Page

beauanderos
1000+ Penny Miser Member

USA
2408 Posts

Posted - 03/24/2010 :  08:54:18  Show Profile Send beauanderos a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Ardent Listener
Once the snow melts in the parking lots where it was plowed into piles the lost change is exposed for the taking.

same concept for lake beds during droughts, for those with metal detectors. Water level recedes exposing all sorts of coins and rings

Hoard now and hold on!

http://coppermillions.blogspot.com/
http://wherewillyoubein2012.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

ssbn642blue

USA
12 Posts

Posted - 03/24/2010 :  09:29:59  Show Profile Send ssbn642blue a Private Message
I'll pick up anything. Free is free.

A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government.''
- George Washington

Go to Top of Page

jtm3
Penny Pincher Member

USA
187 Posts

Posted - 03/24/2010 :  20:35:18  Show Profile Send jtm3 a Private Message
I "earn" a dollar a day in school with just change! +/- 20 cents

Copper Cent Hoarding Wiki

coppercenthoarding.wikia.com

+637 posts
Go to Top of Page

garnede
Penny Collector Member

USA
386 Posts

Posted - 03/24/2010 :  22:30:16  Show Profile Send garnede a Private Message
I found a Quarter that melted out of the snow yesterday.
Go to Top of Page

HoardCopperByTheTon
Administrator

USA
6807 Posts

Posted - 03/25/2010 :  22:28:04  Show Profile Send HoardCopperByTheTon a Private Message
Picked up a penny in the parking lot at the AM/PM today.. zinc of course.

If your percentages are low.. just sort more. If your percentages are high.. just sort more.

Now selling Copper pennies. 1.6x plus shipping. Limited amounts available.
Go to Top of Page

NoCents
Penny Collector Member

USA
340 Posts

Posted - 03/25/2010 :  22:39:32  Show Profile Send NoCents a Private Message
There was a dollar twenty five in quarters in the over flow on the machine today.

What's in it for the dude?
Go to Top of Page

Nacinator
Penny Sorter Member

28 Posts

Posted - 03/26/2010 :  06:02:37  Show Profile Send Nacinator a Private Message
Did it twice today
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly