Classic Realcent Archives
Classic Realcent Archives
Home | Profile | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Bullion Coins and Metals Investing Forums
 Nickel Bullion & CuNi Bullion Coins
 50 more bricks......
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 5

hobo finds
Penny Hoarding Member

838 Posts

Posted - 02/04/2010 :  18:08:04  Show Profile Send hobo finds a Private Message
St. Ponce horder of nickels. I would kiss your ring but your hands are dirty from all the nickels.

Edited by - hobo finds on 02/04/2010 18:08:57
Go to Top of Page

El Dee
Penny Hoarding Member

USA
547 Posts

Posted - 02/04/2010 :  18:08:23  Show Profile Send El Dee a Private Message
Ponce, say hello to Heather for me.

And Jasmine. And Mercedes.

Janine, too.

Trust the government? Ask an Indian.

Edited by - El Dee on 02/04/2010 18:15:20
Go to Top of Page

Ardent Listener
Administrator

USA
4841 Posts

Posted - 02/04/2010 :  18:31:12  Show Profile Send Ardent Listener a Private Message
I picked up another brick of nickels today and the box (non Brinks) was a little different. On on the top it contained perforated holes that lined up with each roll of nickels in the box. That way you can see that the box contained the proper number of rolls in it. Very clever these Americans!
Go to Top of Page

JobIII
1000+ Penny Miser Member

USA
1507 Posts

Posted - 02/04/2010 :  18:37:59  Show Profile Send JobIII a Private Message
It's nice to see the rolls, but don't let it fool you. I've received a box of halves that was 1 roll short, and the holes were there to check...

Selling Copper cents. $0 FV available at 1.4xFV. Also interested in trading for wheat pennies and other coins Please pm me for requests or inquiries.

Go to Top of Page

kirkland

USA
0 Posts

Posted - 02/04/2010 :  18:55:42  Show Profile Send kirkland a Private Message
The Wells Fargo boxes don't have those holes. but I just purchased one from Chase and realized what you guys are talking about.
Go to Top of Page

psi
Penny Collector Member

Canada
399 Posts

Posted - 02/05/2010 :  10:07:22  Show Profile Send psi a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by wolvesdad

sorry, my allegiance is with the Irish.... did anyone see or remember the TV series "Black Donnellys" I liked it but it didn't even last a season on tv.

Off topic I know, I had not heard of this show but the Black Donnellys were an 1800's Ontario Irish family who were killed by a mob after a number of violent disputes with different neighbors.
Go to Top of Page

Pachucko
Penny Sorter Member

USA
43 Posts

Posted - 02/07/2010 :  12:30:34  Show Profile Send Pachucko a Private Message
What do your banks charge for a box of nickels?
Go to Top of Page

HoardCopperByTheTon
Administrator

USA
6807 Posts

Posted - 02/07/2010 :  12:52:33  Show Profile Send HoardCopperByTheTon a Private Message
They charge $100 per box of nickels. It is the same everywhere. Price fixing I think.

Whether a box has peekaboo holes or not.. just throw it on the scale and it will tell you if it is a roll short.

If your percentages are low.. just sort more. If your percentages are high.. just sort more.

Now selling Copper pennies. 1.6x plus shipping. Limited amounts available.
Go to Top of Page

Ardent Listener
Administrator

USA
4841 Posts

Posted - 02/07/2010 :  14:29:23  Show Profile Send Ardent Listener a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by HoardCopperByTheTon

They charge $100 per box of nickels. It is the same everywhere. Price fixing I think.

Whether a box has peekaboo holes or not.. just throw it on the scale and it will tell you if it is a roll short.

I'm glad that they still don't charge extra to buy coinage. I wonder how much longer that will last?

Realcent.forumco.com disclosure. Please read.
All posts either by the members, moderators, and the administration of http://realcent.forumco.com are for your edification and amusement only. It is not the intent of realcent.forumco.com or its host to provide investment, medical, matrimonial, legal, security or tax advice and nothing posted here should be considered to be so. All rights reserved.

Think positive.
Go to Top of Page

PreservingThePast
1000+ Penny Miser Member

USA
1572 Posts

Posted - 02/08/2010 :  08:54:27  Show Profile Send PreservingThePast a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Ardent Listener

quote:
Originally posted by HoardCopperByTheTon

I'm glad that they still don't charge extra to buy coinage. I wonder how much longer that will last?

Thankfully, they haven't started charging yet for my area unless you are a commercial customer. However, I too fear those days are quickly coming to an end as banks try to figure out any and every way to make more profit.

I know a lot goes in to the overhead for operating a business...been there, done that.

But, I can remember back in the early - mid 60s when a bank was small, independent and paid a decent rate of return on a savings account and didn't charge an arm and a leg for a loan, rather that was a mortgage or a car loan. You dealt with them and felt you were a person rather than an account number and also felt that you were being treated fairly. In today's world.......

Somewhere along the way, overhead definitely got out of hand and whether that be salaries that are too high for too many people--necessary or unnecessary personnel, unnecessarily overpriced buildings, too many/too high priced commercials for their bank, etc, etc, etc.

So instead of looking inward trying to meet their costs of doing business in an old-fashioned/value-driven way, they would rather just raise rates and/or fees and gouge the customers with their attitude being--like it or leave. Another customer will come along to replace you.

Go to Top of Page

Ponce
Penny Hoarding Member

Cuba
630 Posts

Posted - 02/08/2010 :  09:03:47  Show Profile Send Ponce a Private Message
The bank didn't charged me anything for the briks, and even if they now do it........who cares....I have all the nickels, silver, gold and cash that I would ever need , the trick is to know when you have enough and when you are getting gready.

Many times when you become gready you will loose everything.......

To have and to hold is safer than to have and to give.

"If you don't hold it, you don't own it"...Ponce
Go to Top of Page

JobIII
1000+ Penny Miser Member

USA
1507 Posts

Posted - 02/08/2010 :  15:22:21  Show Profile Send JobIII a Private Message
that you would ever need!!! Wow, I'm jealous of you Ponce.

Selling Copper cents. $0 FV available at 1.4xFV. Also interested in trading for wheat pennies and other coins Please pm me for requests or inquiries.

Go to Top of Page

Ponce
Penny Hoarding Member

Cuba
630 Posts

Posted - 02/08/2010 :  16:31:26  Show Profile Send Ponce a Private Message
Well Job don't be so jelous.........I need two things, a woman to keep me company that can keep all that I have when I buy the farm and to be part of a group for self protection.

I was already told that I would be a target WTSHTF, and the reason for this is that I trusted someone with everything because I wanted him to move in with me for self protection, sorry to say that he became a drunk and started to use drug and he told every one of his "friends" about me.

Thank to my military training and as a inventor I do have a few "goodies" for when the time comes and as the City Mayor told me "If anyone goes into your property with a wapon you go ahead and shoot him and I'll take care of the rest"......the reason for this is that it would take the Sheriff Department 45 minutes to get here.

Go to Top of Page

bman
Penny Collector Member

USA
425 Posts

Posted - 02/08/2010 :  20:27:01  Show Profile Send bman a Private Message
All of this talk about what you can do with a coin but not a $100 bill got me thinking....

What can you do with a $100 bill that you can't do with a coin?

Use as toilet paper
write on it like regular paper
burn it to keep warm

anything else?

check out my coins for sale on ecrater : http://bmanscoinsforsale.ecrater.com/
Go to Top of Page

Zyll
Penny Pincher Member

USA
214 Posts

Posted - 02/09/2010 :  01:13:20  Show Profile Send Zyll a Private Message
In zimbabwe a roll of toilet paper cost more than the equivalent paper money in small bills. In weimar germany stoking the furnace cost more than just burning the money itself. About using it for writing paper, i'd worry about the high cost of the bleach.
You guys almost have me convinced on the nickels...and I hate nickels but love pennies.
Go to Top of Page

Ponce
Penny Hoarding Member

Cuba
630 Posts

Posted - 02/09/2010 :  11:44:09  Show Profile Send Ponce a Private Message
Even 100 rolls of pennies is more valuable than 100 $ bills.

Again.....try to buy a washer at the hardware store for a pennie, or a sinker for fishing, or placing 100 $ bills in a sock to hit someone over the head, or 100 $ bills as a door stop, or as paper weight....and so on.

Go to Top of Page

johnbrickner
Penny Pincher Member

154 Posts

Posted - 02/09/2010 :  12:32:27  Show Profile Send johnbrickner a Private Message
I'm afraid you can't use the $100 bill as toilet paper, absorbancy is to low.

"I Killed the Bank" from the tombstone of Andrew Jackson
Go to Top of Page

Ponce
Penny Hoarding Member

Cuba
630 Posts

Posted - 02/09/2010 :  15:15:12  Show Profile Send Ponce a Private Message
Hey John? when you are hot you are hot, I even use river rocks to clean myself with....by the way, they do a good job hahahahahahaaah.

Go to Top of Page

beauanderos
1000+ Penny Miser Member

USA
2408 Posts

Posted - 02/10/2010 :  07:43:35  Show Profile Send beauanderos a Private Message
don't the rocks play hell with the toilet when you flush them? Hey, Ponce... have you read Patriots?

Hoard now and hold on!

http://coppermillions.blogspot.com/
http://wherewillyoubein2012.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Ponce
Penny Hoarding Member

Cuba
630 Posts

Posted - 02/10/2010 :  11:24:10  Show Profile Send Ponce a Private Message
No I havent, what I read about it in his blog is just another "how to"..... most of what those people write about I already know about it because I have been there and done that.

If I may brag a little bit? .........I have known now, for a very long time, what is and what is going to happen (and beyond). I started thinking about the situation the US will find themselves in when we gave away the Panama Canal Zone and we allowed the Zionist to kill the Palestinians and for the same to steal their land....all this with our tax dollar, given to them for nothing.....not to many knows that under the law we are not allowed to give them any military aid because they have nukes.

ONLY if we were to start today would we be able to save the US, in two to three generations.....but I don't think so, we are heading for a new world that will be nothing of what it was.

Even now the government is finding any excuse that they can in order to make anyone a felon so that they cannot buy or own a fire arm, even if it is only for throwing snow balls. The US will find a reazon to take away all our firearms and that way to control us better a la Cuba, Russia, China and many more countries present and past where there is only dictatorship.

Even the City Mayor in my Micky Mouse of a one mule town told me that WTSHTF the militia will rule and I told him to make sure that they never try to come into my home......I may die but so will many of them.

"What you do today will dictate as to how you will live tomorrow"... Ponce

Live long and prosper........Uncle Ponce

Go to Top of Page

AGgressive Metal
Administrator

USA
1937 Posts

Posted - 02/10/2010 :  14:37:34  Show Profile Send AGgressive Metal a Private Message
Here is my question: why not buy 5k of silver instead? Its smaller, people understand why it is worth more better than they do nickels, and it has even more upside potential. Why not fill a bathtub with junk silver instead of cupro-nickel? What am I missing here?

And he that hath lyberte ought to kepe hit wel / For nothyng is better than lyberte / For lyberte shold not be wel sold for alle the gold and syluer of all the world.
-Caxton's edition of Aesop's Fables, 1484
Go to Top of Page

Bluegill
1000+ Penny Miser Member

USA
1964 Posts

Posted - 02/10/2010 :  15:03:53  Show Profile Send Bluegill a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by bman

All of this talk about what you can do with a coin but not a $100 bill got me thinking....

What can you do with a $100 bill that you can't do with a coin?

Use as toilet paper
write on it like regular paper
burn it to keep warm

anything else?

FRN's don't burn real well. They barely burn on their own, you almost have to incinerate them. Lousy fuel for heat.

johnbrickner is correct, FRN's also make lousy toilet paper, may as well use wax paper... Don't ask how I know that.

FRN's really are worthless junk...

Go to Top of Page

jtm3
Penny Pincher Member

USA
187 Posts

Posted - 02/10/2010 :  15:24:08  Show Profile Send jtm3 a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by AGgressive Metal

Here is my question: why not buy 5k of silver instead? Its smaller, people understand why it is worth more better than they do nickels, and it has even more upside potential. Why not fill a bathtub with junk silver instead of cupro-nickel? What am I missing here?

That would be some expensive ammunition!

Copper Cent Hoarding Wiki

coppercenthoarding.wikia.com

+637 posts
Go to Top of Page

Ponce
Penny Hoarding Member

Cuba
630 Posts

Posted - 02/10/2010 :  18:01:05  Show Profile Send Ponce a Private Message
For one thing I have all the silver that I would ever want, bought all my silver between 1982 and 2002.......only have 20 gold Maple Leaf and is what I call my "Run like hell Ponce", that would give me what I might need to get to my final "get away" in Argentina.

If the situation here in the states is ever like it is in Cuba then even a hair pin would be more valuable than a $100.oo bill because there is no hair pin to be found no matter the price...."Buy it today at what ever the price because tomorrow you wont find it at what ever the price"... Ponce

When ever I go to garage sales I look for anything of good value to take a way, maybe a half five gallon bucket of paint or a pail of nails or screws......back in 1998 I went to Cuba with $9,999.99 (don't want to hit the $10,000 mark) to fix my dad's house but was unable to find what we needed nowhere.

What I buy is not only for tomorrow but also for the day after tomorrow and the many more to come.

I see what is to come not as a headache but as a challenge.

Again "What you do today will dictate as to how you will live tomorrow"... Ponce

Be comfy, not sorry.

Go to Top of Page

Ardent Listener
Administrator

USA
4841 Posts

Posted - 02/10/2010 :  18:22:22  Show Profile Send Ardent Listener a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by AGgressive Metal

We may see a classical bank holiday depression before we see the hyperinflation. Thus cash may be king for a while. But maybe not, and if not who wouldn't rather have their cash in a coinage with intrinsic value instead of paper?

Realcent.forumco.com disclosure. Please read.
All posts either by the members, moderators, and the administration of http://realcent.forumco.com are for your edification and amusement only. It is not the intent of realcent.forumco.com or its host to provide investment, medical, matrimonial, legal, security or tax advice and nothing posted here should be considered to be so. All rights reserved.

Think positive.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 5 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Classic Realcent Archives © 2000-2010 Realcent.org Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.31 seconds. Powered By: ForumCo v3.4.05
RSS Feed 1 RSS Feed 2