Classic Realcent Archives
Classic Realcent Archives
Home | Profile | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Bullion Coins and Metals Investing Forums
 Copper Penny Bullion Investing
 In God We Trust?
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

AGgressive Metal
Administrator

USA
1937 Posts

Posted - 04/17/2010 :  02:08:48  Show Profile Send AGgressive Metal a Private Message
I had a law school professor who would say whenever someone sneezed: "God bless you, and I say that as a private individual and not as a government employee." She thought she was pretty witty, haha.

And he that hath lyberte ought to kepe hit wel / For nothyng is better than lyberte / For lyberte shold not be wel sold for alle the gold and syluer of all the world.
-Caxton's edition of Aesop's Fables, 1484
Go to Top of Page

wheeler_dealer
Penny Collector Member

USA
402 Posts

Posted - 04/17/2010 :  04:27:03  Show Profile  Send wheeler_dealer a Yahoo! Message Send wheeler_dealer a Private Message
"In God We Trust". One has to wonder if God would have wanted his name or reference on something so vile. Maybe that's why the dollar is doomed. I have (almost) read the Bible cover to cover (missed a few pages) and I have yet to find where GOD has indicated anywhere that he would back the dollar.
Money is one of the most misunderstood symbols of modern times. In my opinion when the concept of a paper currency was conveived the creators used the symbol "IN GOD WE TRUST" as a way to create legitimacy for the "paper dollar". This might have been sufficient for a faith based society with a moral and God fearing people. Today this is far from the case.
Go to Top of Page

cesario
Penny Pincher Member

129 Posts

Posted - 04/17/2010 :  05:49:55  Show Profile Send cesario a Private Message
I find it distressing there is no reference to a Goddess. WHERE IS THE GENDER BALANCE DAMNIT?!?!
Go to Top of Page

thogey
1000+ Penny Miser Member

USA
1617 Posts

Posted - 04/17/2010 :  09:51:23  Show Profile Send thogey a Private Message
I don't think the references to God has anything to do with religion.

The folks who founded this nation knew the existence of God is a matter of fact.

The adversity to religous influence refers to organizational church control. They would avoid refrencing "the anglicans we trust" or something like that.

But it's clear that we are endowed by our creator with freedom, and the responsibility that comes with exercising free will.

Church and government can only remove our God given freedom.

In God we trust is a phrase that recognizes the powers of church, government and money are totally subordinate to the authority of Almighty God.

Whether or not The Almighty would approve of the phrase being stamped on our currency is another matter. Someday that truth will be revealed and this thread will seem to have been a waste of time.

Come to the new and improved realcent: http://realcent.org

Edited by - thogey on 04/17/2010 09:55:38
Go to Top of Page

Neckro
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Saudi Arabia
2080 Posts

Posted - 04/17/2010 :  12:42:50  Show Profile  Send Neckro an AOL message  Click to see Neckro's MSN Messenger address  Send Neckro a Yahoo! Message Send Neckro a Private Message
Needs removed and never look back.

Trolling is an art.
Go to Top of Page

motos
Penny Sorter Member

41 Posts

Posted - 04/17/2010 :  19:01:38  Show Profile Send motos a Private Message
Someday
Go to Top of Page

phillips24
Penny Pincher Member

USA
142 Posts

Posted - 04/17/2010 :  21:52:35  Show Profile Send phillips24 a Private Message
Why would FIAT have in God we trust on it? If we trusted in God we would not laden ourselves, children, grandchildren, and all those who use these notes for commerce with the debt it creates. If we believed in God we would use a form of currency that is not based on the debt and work of others.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Classic Realcent Archives © 2000-2010 Realcent.org Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.17 seconds. Powered By: ForumCo v3.4.05
RSS Feed 1 RSS Feed 2