Classic Realcent Archives
Classic Realcent Archives
Home | Profile | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Bullion Coins and Metals Investing Forums
 Tracking Threads Only
 Realcent Official Plastic Coin Tracking Thread
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 5

theo
Penny Hoarding Member

USA
588 Posts

Posted - 06/07/2009 :  10:53:08  Show Profile Send theo a Private Message
I found a brown one a couple weeks ago and thought it was a freak occurrence. I figured it was from some type of board game. I told my wife it was the coin of the future.

I have a penny from the Bahamas as well and I agree that it looks pretty cool.
Go to Top of Page

merc49
Penny Sorter Member

88 Posts

Posted - 06/10/2009 :  21:28:41  Show Profile Send merc49 a Private Message
Found a plastic dime in a penny roll last night.
Go to Top of Page

highroller4321
1000+ Penny Miser Member

USA
2648 Posts

Posted - 06/10/2009 :  22:13:56  Show Profile Send highroller4321 a Private Message
2009 plastic penny finds!

Highroller 2 (1 gray 1 copper color)
Daviscfad 1
Tourney64 2 (2 copper color)
Slickeast 1 (1 copper color)
jonflyfish 7
Kurr 4
Jadedragon 1
coppernicus 2
CuproNickle 1
JP_007 2 (2 brown)
Pennyworth 2
fb101 2
magnasort 10
Jerryspringer 1
theo 1 (1 brown)
Merc49 1 plastic dime

Copper Penny Investing
www.portlandmint.com
Go to Top of Page

jadedragon
Administrator

Canada
3788 Posts

Posted - 06/11/2009 :  00:46:42  Show Profile Send jadedragon a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by merc49

Found a plastic dime in a penny roll last night.

darn those plastic dimes cluttering up the penny rolls.

“The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.” – George Bernard Shaw.
Why Copper Bullion ~~~ Interview with Silver Bullion Producer Market Harmony
Passive Income blog
Go to Top of Page

PennehChaos.
Penny Collector Member

USA
269 Posts

Posted - 06/22/2009 :  14:56:51  Show Profile Send PennehChaos. a Private Message
i've found a couple of the copper-colored ones this year, both in CWRs a local convenience store turned in to my bank. They must be nearsighted, because i tend to get a lot of dark-toned dimes from their rolls. Somehow i'm not too surprised that the locals are buying their malt liquor with fake pennies...

Considering Verizon Business service? Perhaps you'd like to consider a nice drain cleaner enema instead?
Go to Top of Page

buyingsilvers
Penny Collector Member

441 Posts

Posted - 06/22/2009 :  20:26:02  Show Profile Send buyingsilvers a Private Message
Ran $500 with no jams before a damn plastic penny backed everything up. The comparitor was completely jammed up.
Go to Top of Page

slickeast
1000+ Penny Miser Member

USA
2533 Posts

Posted - 06/23/2009 :  09:01:55  Show Profile Send slickeast a Private Message
Found my first plastic DIME. Says School Money on it. It appears to be in AU condition

Not bad when it also had a 1907 IH in the mix too.

You don't have to be the BEST you just have to be.......SLICK

Go to Top of Page

Gr33nday43

Uzbekistan
10 Posts

Posted - 06/27/2009 :  15:01:28  Show Profile  Send Gr33nday43 a Yahoo! Message Send Gr33nday43 a Private Message
I found a brown variety last night handsorting...I threw it away as well.
Go to Top of Page

smartinson
Penny Collector Member

USA
287 Posts

Posted - 06/27/2009 :  23:02:27  Show Profile Send smartinson a Private Message
I found one Jefferson Nickel play School Money grey in color. Also, found what I thought was play money but was not plastic. On one side it reads: TO MAKE CHANGE FOR 1 CORRECT SALES TAX PAYMENT. The other side reads: ARIZONA STATE TAX COMMISSION - DITAT DEUS. Not sure what it is made of but doesn't stick to a magnet. 1.2 grams. Any ideas!
Go to Top of Page

HoardCopperByTheTon
Administrator

USA
6807 Posts

Posted - 06/28/2009 :  02:31:12  Show Profile Send HoardCopperByTheTon a Private Message
Man, I am going through a drought.. I haven't found any plastic pennies or Indians for months.

Smartinson.. your Arizona Sales tax token is most likely made out of carbon fiber or aluminum. There were a bunch of these issued back in the old days when sale taxes were less than a penny. My how times have changed. Sales tax for me is now 9.75%. Makes a guy not want to buy anything. The good news.. there is no sales tax on a box of pennies.

If your percentages are low.. just sort more. If your percentages are high.. just sort more.

Now selling Copper pennies. 1.6x plus shipping. Limited amounts available.
Go to Top of Page

smartinson
Penny Collector Member

USA
287 Posts

Posted - 06/28/2009 :  07:38:48  Show Profile Send smartinson a Private Message
Thanks, HCBTT. Googled it and You are right and I think they were called Mills. 1/10 of 1 cent. Not plastic but interesting.
Go to Top of Page

sheba
Penny Pincher Member

USA
191 Posts

Posted - 07/23/2009 :  23:19:39  Show Profile Send sheba a Private Message
My wife found our first plastic penny tonight in a BWR. It is dark copper brown color and slightly smaller in diameter than a real penny. It kind of fools your eye at first.

It has no date on the obverse but it does have a very stylized picture of Mr. Lincoln. Where the date should be it simply says 'money'. Where the 'Liberty' should be it has 'PMC'.

The reverse is pretty close to real and kind of 'threw' my wife until she looked closer and saw that it is missing the phrase 'E Pluribus Unum".

I am positive that this is a rare plastic variety that all plastic penny collectors are searching for . I'll be glad to make a straight trade for an XF - AU 1914D if anyone is interested

Actually, the most interesting thing we've found in our roll searching is a silver 1944 25 cent coin minted in Philadelphia and from, I think, Belgium or maybe the Netherlands. I think the silver content makes it worth a little more than a penny!

Sheba

woof ... wag ... whine
Go to Top of Page

cwgii
Penny Hoarding Member

USA
924 Posts

Posted - 07/23/2009 :  23:37:18  Show Profile Send cwgii a Private Message
it has been months since i got one. but. alas, a brown 'imperial' plastic showed up in a cwr yesterday.
Go to Top of Page

Silver Surfer
Penny Pincher Member

USA
148 Posts

Posted - 07/24/2009 :  17:19:53  Show Profile Send Silver Surfer a Private Message
It happened to me today. Kept getting shorted cents and dimes by an incompetent/lazy/ugly woman at the Shell station so I went to a different Shell station where I received a clear plastic penny in my change from the clerk. Exact same circumference, diameter and thickness as a real cent. First time I've seen this and I'm 40 something.

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny exercised for the good of it's victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busy-bodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." - C.S. Lewis
Go to Top of Page

knibloe
1000+ Penny Miser Member

USA
1066 Posts

Posted - 08/01/2009 :  11:49:40  Show Profile Send knibloe a Private Message
I got one last week
Go to Top of Page

cwgii
Penny Hoarding Member

USA
924 Posts

Posted - 08/10/2009 :  15:58:18  Show Profile Send cwgii a Private Message
yesterday, i got a gamut. first was ih. number 6, then a 1961 dime, then........... a plastic penny. oh yeah, and 50 1974d that were au.
Go to Top of Page

JobIII
1000+ Penny Miser Member

USA
1507 Posts

Posted - 09/10/2009 :  21:31:11  Show Profile Send JobIII a Private Message
found one plastic penny today with, "school money" written on it.

Selling Copper cents. $0 FV available at 1.4xFV. Also interested in trading for wheat pennies and other coins Please pm me for requests or inquiries.

Go to Top of Page

jadedragon
Administrator

Canada
3788 Posts

Posted - 09/21/2009 :  04:57:37  Show Profile Send jadedragon a Private Message
Was opening penny rolls and out popped another dateless Canadian plastic penny. I know its a Canadian because it has the maple twig design. School Money on the back. This is the second one of this variety I've found.

“The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.” – George Bernard Shaw.
Why Copper Bullion ~~~ Interview with Silver Bullion Producer Market Harmony
Passive Income blog
Go to Top of Page

PennySaved
1000+ Penny Miser Member

USA
1720 Posts

Posted - 09/21/2009 :  10:25:34  Show Profile Send PennySaved a Private Message
I found one over the weekend.

SELLING COPPER PENNIES 1.4X FACE SHIPPED......“I sincerely believe that banking establishments are more dangerous than standing armies, and that the principles of spending money to be paid by posterity, under the name of funding, is but swindling futurity on a large scale” Thomas Jefferson
Go to Top of Page

knibloe
1000+ Penny Miser Member

USA
1066 Posts

Posted - 09/21/2009 :  19:34:56  Show Profile Send knibloe a Private Message
got another last week
Go to Top of Page

HoardCopperByTheTon
Administrator

USA
6807 Posts

Posted - 09/24/2009 :  02:28:14  Show Profile Send HoardCopperByTheTon a Private Message
Is a Canadian Plastic penny still worth just a little bit less than a US plastic penny?

This is a rough year sorting for me.. I haven't gotten a plastic penny in many, many months.

If your percentages are low.. just sort more. If your percentages are high.. just sort more.

Go to Top of Page

metalmoney.ca
Penny Pincher Member

Canada
223 Posts

Posted - 09/26/2009 :  12:53:29  Show Profile Send metalmoney.ca a Private Message
this thread is hilarious.
i never read it past the title...until i found my FIRST PLASTIC PENNY! WOOT! so, its an american penny "imperial" above abes head, abe himself seems to have dreadlocks and to the left of abe is "play money". found in a CWR and diameter and thickness slightly bigger than a "real" penny

metal is a claim on future human labour. let's all go get some while the getting is good, eh?
Go to Top of Page

HoardCopperByTheTon
Administrator

USA
6807 Posts

Posted - 10/04/2009 :  22:49:08  Show Profile Send HoardCopperByTheTon a Private Message
WhooHoo.. I found one! Finally on the board. Just shows that if you sort enough, you can find the elusive plastic penny. This one was out of a bank wrapped roll from Loomis. Their machines must be set a lot looser than mine. None of my rolling machines would roll this up.

Go to Top of Page

2old
Penny Pincher Member

188 Posts

Posted - 10/05/2009 :  08:29:35  Show Profile Send 2old a Private Message
Found one last night sorry for poor image, fist scan with new scanner.

[img]http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3451/3983970556_29dfd858aa_m.jpg[\img]
Go to Top of Page

taijitu
Penny Sorter Member

74 Posts

Posted - 10/15/2009 :  19:48:28  Show Profile Send taijitu a Private Message
Found copper colored cent from PMC today handsorting bank rolls in Oregon
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 5 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly