Classic Realcent Archives
Classic Realcent Archives
Home | Profile | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Bullion Coins and Metals Investing Forums
 Nickel Bullion & CuNi Bullion Coins
 Best Quarters to Keep?
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

theo
Penny Hoarding Member

USA
588 Posts

Posted - 05/15/2009 :  21:17:45  Show Profile Send theo a Private Message
Although my focus is on copper pennies, nickels and PMs, I plan to keep between 12 and 15 rolls of quarters as part of my cash reserve. Anyway, I was wondering if it would be better to keep the newer, collectible state quarters or the older quarters with the eagle on the obverse side. Are there any years I should be looking for? Any quarter experts out there?

highroller4321
1000+ Penny Miser Member

USA
2648 Posts

Posted - 05/15/2009 :  22:26:02  Show Profile Send highroller4321 a Private Message
Are you looking for a numismatic return on these too?

Copper Penny Investing
www.portlandmint.com
Go to Top of Page

HoardCopperByTheTon
Administrator

USA
6807 Posts

Posted - 05/15/2009 :  22:50:29  Show Profile Send HoardCopperByTheTon a Private Message
Best way to profit on the quarters is to flip large quantities quickly right after issue for a small margin each rather than tying up capital for speculation. If you feel you must put some back for speculation, I think the territorial quarters would probably do better than the other states in general because they seem to be much harder to get. Many banks discontinued their quarter programs after the 50 states were done.

If your percentages are low.. just sort more. If your percentages are high.. just sort more.

Now selling Copper pennies. 1.6x plus shipping. Limited amounts available.
Go to Top of Page

theo
Penny Hoarding Member

USA
588 Posts

Posted - 05/15/2009 :  22:57:04  Show Profile Send theo a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by highroller4321

Yes, I pretty much have the amount of quarters that I want. I just don't want to dump any coins that may have value in the ten or fifteen years.
Go to Top of Page

theo
Penny Hoarding Member

USA
588 Posts

Posted - 05/15/2009 :  23:00:57  Show Profile Send theo a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by HoardCopperByTheTon

Best way to profit on the quarters is to flip large quantities quickly right after issue for a small margin each rather than tying up capital for speculation. If you feel you must put some back for speculation, I think the territorial quarters would probably do better than the other states in general because they seem to be much harder to get. Many banks discontinued their quarter programs after the 50 states were done.

Thanks. I didn't know they were minting territorial quarters. I'll keep an eye out for them.
Go to Top of Page

highroller4321
1000+ Penny Miser Member

USA
2648 Posts

Posted - 05/15/2009 :  23:01:25  Show Profile Send highroller4321 a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by theo

quote:
Originally posted by highroller4321

Yes, I pretty much have the amount of quarters that I want. I just don't want to dump any coins that may have value in the ten or fifteen years.

Best bet would be get BU rolls of the territoral quarters and hope some of them go up in value.

Copper Penny Investing
www.portlandmint.com
Go to Top of Page

daviscfad
1000+ Penny Miser Member

USA
1664 Posts

Posted - 05/17/2009 :  15:35:28  Show Profile Send daviscfad a Private Message
just to add that all 2009 coins will have a low production unless something drastic changes

Inquiring minds want to know
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Classic Realcent Archives © 2000-2010 Realcent.org Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.11 seconds. Powered By: ForumCo v3.4.05
RSS Feed 1 RSS Feed 2