Classic Realcent Archives
Classic Realcent Archives
Home | Profile | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Bullion Coins and Metals Investing Forums
 Nickel Bullion & CuNi Bullion Coins
 2008 Nickels
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

G Powerbuck
Penny Collector Member

USA
256 Posts

Posted - 04/03/2009 :  15:59:06  Show Profile Send G Powerbuck a Private Message
I have a box of 2008 nickels, is it worth saving them all or should I just return the box??

fb101
Administrator

USA
2856 Posts

Posted - 04/03/2009 :  16:42:20  Show Profile Send fb101 a Private Message
Check sale prices on ebay. probably worth selling

Go to Top of Page

Computer Jones
1000+ Penny Miser Member

USA
1112 Posts

Posted - 04/04/2009 :  18:43:46  Show Profile Send Computer Jones a Private Message
Nothing ventured, nothing gained comes to mind.
Give it a go on ebay and hope for the best.

There's profit if you melt things!!
8{>
Go to Top of Page

ScottyTX
Penny Hoarding Member

USA
508 Posts

Posted - 04/04/2009 :  19:44:31  Show Profile Send ScottyTX a Private Message
Humm, looks like the 2008-p rolls are going for around 5.00 each. So might get 2-2.5X face, seems like it might be worth the effort to list them. They are definately worth more than face value if you want to mess with them, if not I'm sure there might be some people on the board willing to take them off your hands :)
Go to Top of Page

G Powerbuck
Penny Collector Member

USA
256 Posts

Posted - 04/05/2009 :  15:10:22  Show Profile Send G Powerbuck a Private Message
I'm only 16 and have no experience with eBay, so I want to do some researching before I list anything. I have an unopened NF String and Son Inc.box of nickels that all appear to be from 2008-P(I cant look at all the nickels and not open the box). I am hesitant to sell them on the forum because I haven't been posting very long, and I've noticed that some people seem to just join to sell and I don't want to give that impression.
Go to Top of Page

G Powerbuck
Penny Collector Member

USA
256 Posts

Posted - 04/05/2009 :  17:49:12  Show Profile Send G Powerbuck a Private Message
What do you think a fair buy it price would be?? I have no idea and don't want to sound like I have a super inflated price. Is around 150 a good deal, because at $5 (some on eBay selling for $9) a roll a box is $250. However selling 100 in a box, instead of individually, $200 seems like a fair price. But to sell it hear as my first sale I think that 150-175 is a good deal. Is this really off??
Go to Top of Page

HoardCopperByTheTon
Administrator

USA
6807 Posts

Posted - 04/18/2009 :  16:32:57  Show Profile Send HoardCopperByTheTon a Private Message
Got my box of nickels from GPowerbuck today. One of the best packaged shipments of coins I have ever received. Would definately do business with him again.

If your percentages are low.. just sort more. If your percentages are high.. just sort more.

Now selling Copper pennies. 1.6x plus shipping. Limited amounts available.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Classic Realcent Archives © 2000-2010 Realcent.org Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.09 seconds. Powered By: ForumCo v3.4.05
RSS Feed 1 RSS Feed 2