Classic Realcent Archives
Classic Realcent Archives
Home | Profile | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Bullion Coins and Metals Investing Forums
 Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals
 Do you Initial your searched coins or rolls
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

ribognome7
Penny Sorter Member

USA
77 Posts

Posted - 03/26/2009 :  21:30:45  Show Profile Send ribognome7 a Private Message
I was searching a box of halves and in several separate rolls there were coins with the initial's J to the left of kennedy and M to the right (anyone here?). Anyone see this sort of thing?

Edited by - ribognome7 on 12/29/2009 02:53:07

Corsair
Penny Hoarding Member

811 Posts

Posted - 03/26/2009 :  21:33:01  Show Profile  Send Corsair a Yahoo! Message Send Corsair a Private Message
I don't mark the coins I go through. But, I don't do that many. The halves that I have done for the past year or so have been marked with every color of Sharpie imaginable. Mostly checks, or just a slash. Ticks me off. But, you snooze you lose.

So long, Realcent 1. Come visit us at Realcent.org!
Go to Top of Page

jadedragon
Administrator

Canada
3788 Posts

Posted - 03/27/2009 :  11:46:25  Show Profile Send jadedragon a Private Message
I try to mark each roll (never the coins) with a Sharpie "S" for Sorted Steel. I've gotten my own rolls back in other banks, or when I happen to buy somewhere I dumped why back and I clear out the valet. Saves a lot of sorting as I just dump them again at the next bank.

“The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.” – George Bernard Shaw.
Why Copper Bullion ~~~ Interview with Silver Bullion Producer Market Harmony
Passive Income blog
Go to Top of Page

Computer Jones
1000+ Penny Miser Member

USA
1112 Posts

Posted - 03/27/2009 :  14:35:56  Show Profile Send Computer Jones a Private Message
About 60% of my last NF String box had a black dot on the Eagle's shield.
I do put a black ring on the wrapper so I don't pick up my own dumps.

There's profit if you melt things!!
8{>

Edited by - Computer Jones on 03/27/2009 14:37:43
Go to Top of Page

cwgii
Penny Hoarding Member

USA
924 Posts

Posted - 12/29/2009 :  12:01:06  Show Profile Send cwgii a Private Message
i mark mine rolls with a Z. for zilch, zero, on on the pennies,,,, zinc
Go to Top of Page

Country
1000+ Penny Miser Member

USA
3121 Posts

Posted - 12/29/2009 :  14:23:12  Show Profile Send Country a Private Message
I never put marks on the coins. I let others folks do that when they get my dumps.

---> Come to the new and improved realcent: http://realcent.org

The things that will destroy America are prosperity-at-any-price, peace-at-any-price, safety-first instead of duty-first, the love of soft living, and the get-rich-quick theory of life.
– Theodore Roosevelt
Go to Top of Page

dakota1955
1000+ Penny Miser Member

2212 Posts

Posted - 12/29/2009 :  20:23:41  Show Profile  Send dakota1955 a Yahoo! Message Send dakota1955 a Private Message
I don't mark any coins I dump because they go back loose in one bank in a town and I get my coins in a difference town.
Go to Top of Page

PreservingThePast
1000+ Penny Miser Member

USA
1572 Posts

Posted - 12/30/2009 :  09:32:16  Show Profile Send PreservingThePast a Private Message
I would never write on a coin. Why deface something that someone else might consider a treasure???

I do put a mark on my wrappers that I return to my bank. That way I don't get them back again from the tellers when I go in to swap out my rolls.

I use a purple sharpie and put a purple dot on the wrapper before the coins are rerolled so nothing gets on the coins.

Anyone find any of my marked rolls?

Enjoy your searches, everyone.
Go to Top of Page

uthminsta
1000+ Penny Miser Member

USA
1872 Posts

Posted - 12/30/2009 :  10:00:32  Show Profile Send uthminsta a Private Message
Okay, so when you get a buncha rolls at a bank, and you see that some/most/all of them are marked, do you still take 'em? And does it make a difference if you know they were marked by YOU? What do you do/say?

I got the grand idea that I was going to buy a couple thousand dollars worth of halves and make a few bucks on the silver I found.

1. I went into one bank, and they said "Are you looking for silver? They look different."
2. Went into another bank and all the rolls were marked with a date and big X on the side of the roll, and the open end of all of them also had a big red or black X or scribble on them too. This guy is really making it obvious he doesn't want his dumps back!
3. Went into another bank and they had like 7 or 8 total halves. Junk.
4. Went into another bank and they had a couple hundred bucks in Strings rolls. WHEW - finally a chance! Nope. Skunk. Not even a NIFC or anything out of the ordinary!
Sheesh. So much for making a few bucks. I was very disappointed that day!

Come to the new and improved realcent: http://realcent.org
Go to Top of Page

Computer Jones
1000+ Penny Miser Member

USA
1112 Posts

Posted - 12/30/2009 :  23:24:53  Show Profile Send Computer Jones a Private Message
I put a black ring about 1/3 from an end on the wrappers when I dump rolled coin.
I've seen them show up at institutions about 50 miles away as well as all local institutions when I ask for CWR's.

There's profit if you melt things!!
8{>
Go to Top of Page

knibloe
1000+ Penny Miser Member

USA
1066 Posts

Posted - 12/31/2009 :  07:23:13  Show Profile Send knibloe a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by PreservingThePast

I would never write on a coin. Why deface something that someone else might consider a treasure???

I

A while back my wife and I found a roll of nice 2008's. Someone had taken a black marker to every one of them. Ticked me right off!!
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

5 Posts

Posted - 01/01/2010 :  19:17:23  Show Profile Send n/a a Private Message
I recently ordered 2 bank boxes all came in brinks rolls and brinks boxes.
After searching I hade found 1 -1964, 3 1967s, and one 1969.
The majoriy of the rolls were 1971, 1972 and 1976, I got so inappropriate languageed that I honeslty
wanted to stack all the bad ones in my drill press and drill a small hole in each one
thining that if kept doing this, soon the 1971, 1972 and 1976s in nice shape would command a fortune, However i just took the 2 boxs back to my other bank and deposited them.
What amazed me is out of all the rolls, not many mid- 1980's or 1990's were present
maybe 2 rolls total.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Classic Realcent Archives © 2000-2010 Realcent.org Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.16 seconds. Powered By: ForumCo v3.4.05
RSS Feed 1 RSS Feed 2