Classic Realcent Archives
Classic Realcent Archives
Home | Profile | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Bullion Coins and Metals Investing Forums
 Nickel Bullion & CuNi Bullion Coins
 good bad and ugly
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

cwgii
Penny Hoarding Member

USA
924 Posts

Posted - 01/01/2009 :  21:18:02  Show Profile Send cwgii a Private Message
i picked up cwr , 20 and 80, and 4$ worth.

when i get the 'coin tainers' that show a coin. i make it a habit to look at it.

about half way through, and there was a tail coin , with a big old ''s'' mintmark. yeaaaaahaw

would anyone else do something foolish, like save the roll. like the first roll i found with a wheat showing. this is going in the coin case as a 'trophy'.

not sure what prompted it. but. i counted out 10 rolls into my cottage cheese containers. 2016, 2013, 1933. huhhhhhhhhh.

so i weighed all , individually. each of the first sets. had one roll with an extra coin.

the light one............ turned out to have pennies in the nickel wrapper. ...... i am bummed. lost 1.50 on that roll.

as for the ugly....... not sure why , fire? but about 20% of the coins were 'rusty' , very odd to find stained nickels. they sure were uggggggggggly.

Edited by - cwgii on 01/01/2009 22:30:30

PreservingThePast
1000+ Penny Miser Member

USA
1572 Posts

Posted - 01/02/2009 :  21:05:42  Show Profile Send PreservingThePast a Private Message
about half way through, and there was a tail coin , with a big old ''s'' mintmark. yeaaaaahaw

-------

Awesome!!! I'd put that in a trophy case too.
Go to Top of Page

misteroman
Administrator

USA
2565 Posts

Posted - 01/02/2009 :  23:00:09  Show Profile Send misteroman a Private Message
been along tims since I got one of those

Buying CU cents!!!! Paying 1.2 unlimited amounts wanted. Can pick up if near Ohio area.
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

10 Posts

Posted - 01/29/2009 :  09:33:52  Show Profile Send n/a a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by cwgii

as for the ugly....... not sure why , fire? but about 20% of the coins were 'rusty' , very odd to find stained nickels. they sure were uggggggggggly.

Rusty looking nickels were probably found by metal detectorists. Nickels do poorly in moist soil over relatively short periods of time and they look exactly as you describe. If you are in the SF Bay Area, there's a good chance I found them! ;-)

Here's a couple of Jeffs and a 1903 V I found a few months back:

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Classic Realcent Archives © 2000-2010 Realcent.org Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.12 seconds. Powered By: ForumCo v3.4.05
RSS Feed 1 RSS Feed 2