Classic Realcent Archives
Classic Realcent Archives
Home | Profile | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Related Topics, Learning and Information
 Realcent.forumco.com Operations and Policy Stmts
 Account Deletion Policy (How Not to Get Deleted)
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

jadedragon
Administrator

Canada
3788 Posts

Posted - 09/17/2008 :  03:10:01  Show Profile Send jadedragon a Private Message
In order to simplify finding members and to plug as many security holes as possible, Admins actively delete accounts as follows:

1. No log in for over 180 days (current policy, may reduce this in the future to 90 days.)

You do not need an account to read here. If you open an account, we do not require you to ever post. However to keep an active account you must log in occasionally. If you allow cookies on this site, you will automatically log on everytime you visit - and never show up on the inactive list.

2. Failure to Authenticate your Account within 7 days

Present a valid email address - check your email - and click the link provided to enter the forum. That authenticates your account. It is very easy.

3. Presentation of an email address from a known spam server (we know who you are!)

4. Even one obvious spam post and we will eat your account for lunch - spam is for eatting or feeding to the dog, not for realcent.

“The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.” – George Bernard Shaw.
Why Copper Bullion ~~~ Interview with Silver Bullion Producer Market Harmony
Passive Income blog

kavajava
Penny Collector Member

USA
490 Posts

Posted - 09/17/2008 :  12:29:45  Show Profile Send kavajava a Private Message
sounds great--thanks for all you do legacypac--keep up the good work!
Go to Top of Page

fb101
Administrator

USA
2856 Posts

Posted - 09/17/2008 :  16:57:27  Show Profile Send fb101 a Private Message
Get deleted? What is this, the Matrix?

Go to Top of Page

jadedragon
Administrator

Canada
3788 Posts

Posted - 09/17/2008 :  17:12:52  Show Profile Send jadedragon a Private Message
We believe in Real Change! Vote for Real Change, contribute to Real Change, support Real Change, make a Real Change! We are agents for Real Change - the Party of Change if you will - and this is an Administration of Change.

If you do not want Real Change, you have no place in the Party of Change, and the Administration of Change will delete your anti-Change inactive account. You got our message of Real Change yet? Don't copper out - get with the Change program.

“The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.” – George Bernard Shaw.
Passive Income blog
Go to Top of Page

NotABigDeal
1000+ Penny Miser Member

USA
3890 Posts

Posted - 09/17/2008 :  17:32:56  Show Profile Send NotABigDeal a Private Message
Hope I post enough not to get deleted....

Deal

Live free or die.
Plain and simple.

"If you love wealth more than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, depart from us in peace. We ask not your council or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you. May your chains rest lightly upon you and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen."
- Samuel Adams
Go to Top of Page

Ardent Listener
Administrator

USA
4841 Posts

Posted - 09/17/2008 :  19:08:23  Show Profile Send Ardent Listener a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by NotABigDeal

Deal

You are walking on thin ice around here about that deal.

Realcent.forumco.com disclosure. Please read.
All posts either by the members, moderators, and the administration of http://realcent.forumco.com are for your edification and amusement only. It is not the intent of realcent.forumco.com or its host to provide investment, medical, matrimonial, legal, security or tax advice and nothing posted here should be considered to be so. All rights reserved.

Think positive.
Go to Top of Page

kieblera5
Penny Hoarding Member

USA
859 Posts

Posted - 09/17/2008 :  20:06:06  Show Profile  Send kieblera5 an AOL message Send kieblera5 a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by legacypac

We believe in Real Change! Vote for Real Change, contribute to Real Change, support Real Change, make a Real Change! We are agents for Real Change - the Party of Change if you will - and this is an Administration of Change.

If you do not want Real Change, you have no place in the Party of Change, and the Administration of Change will delete your anti-Change inactive account. You got our message of Real Change yet? Don't copper out - get with the Change program.

nicely put

Democracy is being allowed to vote for the candidate you dislike least.

Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and then beat you mercilessly with experience.

Caller number seven gets the Peace Prize!

Get coding tips, tricks, and more at: http://codingmonday.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

HoardCopperByTheTon
Administrator

USA
6807 Posts

Posted - 09/17/2008 :  22:58:55  Show Profile Send HoardCopperByTheTon a Private Message
quote:

Deal

For a new guy.. you have quite a few posts.. we might be able to keep you.

If your percentages are low.. just sort more. If your percentages are high.. just sort more.

Now selling Copper pennies. 1.6x plus shipping. Limited amounts available.
Go to Top of Page

moboman
1000+ Penny Miser Member

USA
2555 Posts

Posted - 09/17/2008 :  23:41:38  Show Profile Send moboman a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by HoardCopperByTheTon

quote:

Deal

For a new guy.. you have quite a few posts.. we might be able to keep you.

Can you keep me? please.

"99% of all lawyers give the rest of them a bad name"

Go to Top of Page

snappy
Penny Collector Member

USA
301 Posts

Posted - 09/18/2008 :  10:54:23  Show Profile Send snappy a Private Message
hope I don't get deleted.. I read forum often but don't post to much.

Selling Ryedale sorted USA cents
1.5 each + shipping over 500fv 1.5 each +1/2 shipping
If you pick up 1.35 each
located MT/ND boarder.
after Ryedale sorting they are hand sorted to remove canadian then rechecked with Ryedale to insure all copper and count out $50 FV then placed in cloth bags and sealed with #1 copper wire.
Go to Top of Page

jadedragon
Administrator

Canada
3788 Posts

Posted - 09/18/2008 :  11:25:57  Show Profile Send jadedragon a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by snappy

hope I don't get deleted.. I read forum often but don't post to much.

snappy - we will keep you As long as your user name shows up top, you are logged in and are in no danger of dropping into inactive.

The vast majority of inactive accounts are people who join, and never come back after the first day.

Passive Income blog
Go to Top of Page

NotABigDeal
1000+ Penny Miser Member

USA
3890 Posts

Posted - 09/20/2008 :  01:38:51  Show Profile Send NotABigDeal a Private Message
Under the letter "N" under members shows a bunch of n/a accounts. Just thought I would let you know.

Deal

Live free or die.
Plain and simple.

"If you love wealth more than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, depart from us in peace. We ask not your council or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you. May your chains rest lightly upon you and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen."
- Samuel Adams
Go to Top of Page

jadedragon
Administrator

Canada
3788 Posts

Posted - 09/20/2008 :  02:32:12  Show Profile Send jadedragon a Private Message
quote:

Under the letter "N" under members shows a bunch of n/a accounts. Just thought I would let you know.
Deal

Thanks for reminding me to check that out. My testing tonight shows that deleting a member with posts actually results in the member's account changing to a distinct locked n/a acount that one can search the posts of just like before (if you choose the right n/a acct). Member email address and other contact info is deleted though.

All past posts and threads are left in tack. In fact we use a thread regularly that was started by what is now an n/a acct.

Deleting an inactive zero post member does not result in a n/a acct. Not sure if n/a's count in our member count, but they no longer show up on the inactive list, or on any list of member names.

Forumco works great, but there are very limited and/or outdated resources to find out how to run a forum here. Lots of trial and error - and Ardent has done an incredable job operating it so well for so long with such limited info.

I sent out an email (maybe two - hard to tell how it works) to all undeleted inactives. At least one member came back as a result. So that function works well.

Passive Income blog
Go to Top of Page

Nickelless
Administrator

USA
5580 Posts

Posted - 09/21/2008 :  05:51:41  Show Profile Send Nickelless a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by legacypac

So what's the exchange rate between your change in Canada and our change here in the U.S.? Is your Real Change candidate a few cents short on experience like our Real Change candidate here?

Visit my new preparedness site: Preparedness.cc/SurvivalPrep.net
--Latest article: Stocking up on spices to keep food preps lively

---------------

Be prepared...and prepared to help: http://www.survivalblog.com/charity.html

Are you ready spiritually for hard times? http://www.jesusfreak.com/rapture.asp

Edited by - Nickelless on 09/21/2008 05:52:51
Go to Top of Page

fb101
Administrator

USA
2856 Posts

Posted - 09/21/2008 :  08:49:03  Show Profile Send fb101 a Private Message
quote:
Is your Real Change candidate a few cents short on experience like our Real Change candidate here?

More like 1 taco short of a combination platter.

Go to Top of Page

jadedragon
Administrator

Canada
3788 Posts

Posted - 09/21/2008 :  11:17:29  Show Profile Send jadedragon a Private Message
Yes a few cents Carbon Tax short of dollar in my view. The dumbest idea yet - global economy is in freefall, oil is way up, down and up again, and Dion wants to add a NEW TAX on fuel. That will be "warmly" welcomed by our Airlines and trucking companies and manufacturers! Great idea for the economy - steal money from business to "reduce" one of the periodic table elements.

Passive Income blog
Go to Top of Page

Ardent Listener
Administrator

USA
4841 Posts

Posted - 09/21/2008 :  16:30:50  Show Profile Send Ardent Listener a Private Message
quote:

Deal

n/a accounts are former members who's accounts were deleted rather than being locked out. Most by their choice.

Realcent.forumco.com disclosure. Please read.
All posts either by the members, moderators, and the administration of http://realcent.forumco.com are for your edification and amusement only. It is not the intent of realcent.forumco.com or its host to provide investment, medical, matrimonial, legal, security or tax advice and nothing posted here should be considered to be so. All rights reserved.

Think positive.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Classic Realcent Archives © 2000-2010 Realcent.org Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.2 seconds. Powered By: ForumCo v3.4.05
RSS Feed 1 RSS Feed 2