Classic Realcent Archives
Classic Realcent Archives
Home | Profile | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Bullion Coins and Metals Investing Forums
 Nickel Bullion & CuNi Bullion Coins
 Nickel metal content less than face value : (
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

JerrySpringer
Penny Hoarding Member

669 Posts

Posted - 09/08/2008 :  22:49:11  Show Profile Send JerrySpringer a Private Message
I don't care if nickel metal price gets cut in half or silver goes to $5/ oz. As long as interest rates are ~3% at best, money is best spent stockpiling rarer metal coins and accruing boxes of pennies and nickels to sort instead of leaving it in the bank.

Ardent Listener
Administrator

USA
4841 Posts

Posted - 09/09/2008 :  09:52:59  Show Profile Send Ardent Listener a Private Message
That is if one still has extra money to buy with in this recession. From my long time expereince with precious metals recessions have always been a good time inwhich to buy PMs but a bad time to sell. I assume the same goes for the base metals such as nickel and copper.

Realcent.forumco.com disclosure. Please read.
All posts either by the members, moderators, and the administration of http://realcent.forumco.com are for your edification and amusement only. It is not the intent of realcent.forumco.com or its host to provide investment, medical, matrimonial, legal, security or tax advice and nothing posted here should be considered to be so. All rights reserved.

Think positive.
Go to Top of Page

TenBears
1000+ Penny Miser Member

USA
1021 Posts

Posted - 09/09/2008 :  12:14:41  Show Profile Send TenBears a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Ardent Listener

That is if one still has extra money to buy with in this recession. From my long time expereince with precious metals recessions have always been a good time inwhich to buy PMs but a bad time to sell. I assume the same goes for the base metals such as nickel and copper.

Do you still have nickels? I thought you might be trading in that nickel hoard, after searching through them for treasure, for a silver hoard at current prices.

"Rich," the Old Man said dreamily, "is not baying after what you can't have. Rich is having the time to do what you want to do. Rich is a little whiskey to drink and some food to eat and a roof over your head and a fish pole and a boat and a gun and a dollar for a box of shells. Rich is not owing any money to anybody, and not spending what you haven't got." Robert Ruark

there are too wild Indians...
there are too wild Indians...-----still taunted

Go to Top of Page

Ardent Listener
Administrator

USA
4841 Posts

Posted - 09/09/2008 :  12:30:01  Show Profile Send Ardent Listener a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by TenBears

quote:

Do you still have nickels? I thought you might be trading in that nickel hoard, after searching through them for treasure, for a silver hoard at current prices.

I still have them. I just don't seem to have either the time or will to do a hand search though a metic ton + (and I do mean plus) of nickels.

If I were to cash them in for silver I would have to do so on a dollar cost average system since I don't think my dealer would be willing for me to back up the truck at his door..........to unload nickels. I'm still waiting for more of a drop in the price of silver. I like to buy big when most people don't even want to look at silver anymore much less buy it.

Realcent.forumco.com disclosure. Please read.
All posts either by the members, moderators, and the administration of http://realcent.forumco.com are for your edification and amusement only. It is not the intent of realcent.forumco.com or its host to provide investment, medical, matrimonial, legal, security or tax advice and nothing posted here should be considered to be so. All rights reserved.

Think positive.
Go to Top of Page

TenBears
1000+ Penny Miser Member

USA
1021 Posts

Posted - 09/09/2008 :  14:12:21  Show Profile Send TenBears a Private Message
quote:

quote:
Originally posted by TenBears

quote:

I still have them. I just don't seem to have either the time or will to do a hand search though a metic ton + (and I do mean plus) of nickels.

If I were to cash them in for silver I would have to do so on a dollar cost average system since I don't think my dealer would be willing for me to back up the truck at his door..........to unload nickels. I'm still waiting for more of a drop in the price of silver. I like to buy big when most people don't even want to look at silver anymore much less buy it.

I wish you were close by. I'm sure we could work out an arrangement for sorting those nickels. I still haven't found any 1950s. You may have one or two of those in the huge stash of yours.

"Rich," the Old Man said dreamily, "is not baying after what you can't have. Rich is having the time to do what you want to do. Rich is a little whiskey to drink and some food to eat and a roof over your head and a fish pole and a boat and a gun and a dollar for a box of shells. Rich is not owing any money to anybody, and not spending what you haven't got." Robert Ruark

there are too wild Indians...-----still taunted

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Classic Realcent Archives © 2000-2010 Realcent.org Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.11 seconds. Powered By: ForumCo v3.4.05
RSS Feed 1 RSS Feed 2