Classic Realcent Archives
Classic Realcent Archives
Home | Profile | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Bullion Coins and Metals Investing Forums
 Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals
 Silver $12.87/oz How low can you go?
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

scooter
Penny Pincher Member

240 Posts

Posted - 09/04/2008 :  17:05:12  Show Profile Send scooter a Private Message
How low do you think it can go. Could 10 be possible?

Neckro
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Saudi Arabia
2080 Posts

Posted - 09/04/2008 :  17:18:01  Show Profile  Send Neckro an AOL message  Click to see Neckro's MSN Messenger address  Send Neckro a Yahoo! Message Send Neckro a Private Message
If it did, then I'd have to seriously hurt someone.

Trolling is an art.
Go to Top of Page

Cody8404
Penny Hoarding Member

USA
602 Posts

Posted - 09/04/2008 :  17:19:46  Show Profile Send Cody8404 a Private Message
My thought is we are in a very artifical low being manipulated down. I don't think it could drop to $10/oz. My thought is it will hover here unitl about November 5th. Then I expect it to go over $20/oz by the end of the year. That is how I am treating it.

Awake, O kings of the earth! Come ye, O, come ye, with your gold and your silver, to the help of my people, to the house of the daughters of Zion, to the help of the people of the God of this Land even Jesus Christ.
Go to Top of Page

ScottyTX
Penny Hoarding Member

USA
508 Posts

Posted - 09/04/2008 :  17:30:35  Show Profile Send ScottyTX a Private Message
wow, yeah 10.00 silver may be a bit low, but hey, most people thought 14.00 was to laugh at when thought of, you never know. I'm praying that it keeps dropping before a major upswing happens. Trying to dig everything out of the closet to sell to buy more silver everytime it drops. I was thinking it might test the bottom end of 12.00 and then head back up but.... I was saying that to myself about 14.00 when silver was at 14.80+-

Scotty
Go to Top of Page

scooter
Penny Pincher Member

240 Posts

Posted - 09/04/2008 :  18:12:35  Show Profile Send scooter a Private Message
if it hits 10 i will do more buying than i ever have in my life.
ive noticed some bars and rounds on feebay going for 18-22 with
3-5$ shipping.Way over spot,but I see dimes are selling much more close to spot.I think they are a good buy right now considering they actually track much closer to the ups and downs that we are seeing lately in spot price. When silver is back up to 20 in less than 6 months i believe dimes and most other junk silver will have made atleast 50% profit. We all know the current price drop will be a blip on the radar.I am treating it like a welcomed opportunity.
Go to Top of Page

byro007
Penny Collector Member

USA
399 Posts

Posted - 09/04/2008 :  19:28:34  Show Profile  Click to see byro007's MSN Messenger address  Send byro007 a Yahoo! Message Send byro007 a Private Message
I think silver will hit a bottom at around 11.50 and then after the election we will see a big rally for silver testing the ytd highs. I just need to keep buying more silver when its at this price because who knows when we will see it like this again.
Go to Top of Page

kavajava
Penny Collector Member

USA
490 Posts

Posted - 09/05/2008 :  11:31:10  Show Profile Send kavajava a Private Message
$12.10 at 12:35 Friday--may be a good weekend for buying...
Go to Top of Page

ScottyTX
Penny Hoarding Member

USA
508 Posts

Posted - 09/05/2008 :  12:10:43  Show Profile Send ScottyTX a Private Message
Ummm, when I get home I'ts find everything in site that's not nailed down to sell to buy more silver this weekend. Getting too low for me not to buy all in.

Scotty
Go to Top of Page

TenBears
1000+ Penny Miser Member

USA
1021 Posts

Posted - 09/05/2008 :  14:55:01  Show Profile Send TenBears a Private Message
Looks like two big drops happened today looking at the Kitco chart, once at 11:30 and again at 12:30. The recent overall drop in silver defies explanation -- other than perhaps manipulation.

"Rich," the Old Man said dreamily, "is not baying after what you can't have. Rich is having the time to do what you want to do. Rich is a little whiskey to drink and some food to eat and a roof over your head and a fish pole and a boat and a gun and a dollar for a box of shells. Rich is not owing any money to anybody, and not spending what you haven't got." Robert Ruark

there are too wild Indians...
there are too wild Indians...
there are too wild Indians...-----still taunted

Go to Top of Page

kavajava
Penny Collector Member

USA
490 Posts

Posted - 09/05/2008 :  16:01:27  Show Profile Send kavajava a Private Message
Was watching APMEX this afternoon--they had Silver Eagles at a good price...just went to look again, now they are gone...no silver Maples either...looks like they do have Philharmonics at about $3 over spot...
Go to Top of Page

Nickelless
Administrator

USA
5580 Posts

Posted - 09/05/2008 :  17:01:06  Show Profile Send Nickelless a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Neckro

If it did, then I'd have to seriously hurt someone.

Dude, you'd be missing the opportunity to buy more at a lower price if you worry about the price dropping. Think of it this way: With the dollar's strength being manipulated higher at the moment, we have more purchasing power insofar as PM prices go. If the dollar drops, as most of us here are expecting it to eventually collapse, that will be when we should be worried, if we haven't stocked up on PM. But this is absolutely no time to be fretting--buy more silver while the price is low before you get priced out of the market later when the price is high and the rest of the economy is heading further downhill.

Having said that, I think the real question isn't how low silver will go, but how high the dollar will go. Here's hoping the greenback will keep on rising so we can hoard even more Ag. Past a certain point if silver keeps dropping, it might be hard to find anyone willing to sell at that price, but we should still buy as much as we can while the price is low. I've been keeping an eye on the lowest-priced auctions on eBay since it seems like there's a bit more selection there. I'd rather pay a dollar or two over spot on eBay--getting rid of my worthless FRNs to buy real money--and be able to get silver than insist on finding silver at spot with no sellers available.

Visit my new preparedness site: Preparedness.cc/SurvivalPrep.net
--Latest article: Stocking up on spices to keep food preps lively

---------------

Be prepared...and prepared to help: http://www.survivalblog.com/charity.html

Are you ready spiritually for hard times? http://www.jesusfreak.com/rapture.asp

Edited by - Nickelless on 09/05/2008 17:18:07
Go to Top of Page

fb101
Administrator

USA
2856 Posts

Posted - 09/05/2008 :  19:08:56  Show Profile Send fb101 a Private Message
I hope nobody asks this question again....

I'd like to be as positive as possible, it's nice to buy silver cheap, maybe even finish my eagle collection......

Responding to TenBears post...
Things like that are usually where a stop loss area got taken out and a pile of sell orders hit the market.

Someone had posted about a short position the banks had taken. If true, remember they'll have to buyback all those contracts at some point.

Edited by - fb101 on 09/05/2008 19:13:51
Go to Top of Page

scooter
Penny Pincher Member

240 Posts

Posted - 09/05/2008 :  19:48:17  Show Profile Send scooter a Private Message
wow it is getting very low. im with Scotty on this one.
BUY BUY BUY. Bullion will never be sold near these new spot prices.
Could you imagine a 10 oz JM Bar going for 120? Im going for the
90% Junk silver. very exciting

Go to Top of Page

Nickelless
Administrator

USA
5580 Posts

Posted - 09/05/2008 :  20:01:26  Show Profile Send Nickelless a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by fb101

Responding to TenBears post...
Things like that are usually where a stop loss area got taken out and a pile of sell orders hit the market.

Someone had posted about a short position the banks had taken. If true, remember they'll have to buyback all those contracts at some point.

Let me see if I've got this right, FB, but correct me if I'm wrong. Are you saying that a bunch of people or institutions had put in orders to sell silver when it dropped to a certain price, so the dollar went up and pushed silver down, which activated the sell orders, which then flooded the market with silver, which then pushed the price down even more? And then who buys back what contracts, under what conditions, what requires them to buy them back and what effect does that have on Ag price?

---------------

Edited by - Nickelless on 09/05/2008 20:03:03
Go to Top of Page

fb101
Administrator

USA
2856 Posts

Posted - 09/05/2008 :  21:44:29  Show Profile Send fb101 a Private Message
Mixed context comments all in one post.

Somewhere here recently someone posted an article about several banks holding short positions in silver equal to 1 years mine output. I'd like to give a reference, but can't find the thread anymore. That's a long term slant. If there is that much short position, they'll have to cover (even out) eventually, either delivering silver (in short physical supply??) or buying back a lot of contracts. A maneuver like that will have to make a noticeable difference in the silver market and should be upward. I'm guessing those banks went short at a higher price, and are holding the short position still. The scary part of that is that something like that indicates that the banks are apparently anticipating a significant DEflation.

Part two has to do with comments about specific drops at specific times, a short term context - where the silver market suddenly drops a couple of percent in a few minutes. That comes when a stop loss (autosell) order is triggered caused by a drop in price. I can't find volume statistics on silver contracts by time or day, but I'm >guessing< the silver market has been thinly traded lately (low volume) where a *relatively* small sell order can have a significant effect.

I, like everyone else I suppose, am trying like all heck to understand why the commodities and other markets are acting the way they are. I'm not generally a conspiracy theorist, but in this particular case, it seems to be the only thing that can account for what's going on.

Regarding the dollar, why is anybody buying dollars? There is no fiscal reason why it should be rising at all. The business news today talks of a beginning of fiscal punishment of Russia for the Georgia thing. - Russian markets have dropped with outside investors reexamining the prudence of putting money into that country, and the Ruble is/was dropping, which they countered by selling....Dollars! With today's news that unemployment has risen to 6.1%, and the threat of more mortgage problems, the dollar should have been weak. Yet the dollar and Gold rise and silver drops. Nothing about this is making any sense whatsoever.

If I ever get a good idea of what is actually happening, I promise to share it immediately. In the meantime, I'm hoping that we've seen the bottom in silver and gold, but I have no sure idea.

I apologize for the confusing post.

Go to Top of Page

kavajava
Penny Collector Member

USA
490 Posts

Posted - 09/06/2008 :  00:10:33  Show Profile Send kavajava a Private Message
APMEX now has both Maples and Eagles in stock...might be a good buying weekend after all....
Go to Top of Page

PennehChaos.
Penny Collector Member

USA
269 Posts

Posted - 09/06/2008 :  09:10:34  Show Profile Send PennehChaos. a Private Message
Ooh, I like those 2008 Kookaburras...
Figures that silver would lose another 10% of its value in less than a week after I make my first bullion purchase :p

I think it'll drop a little below $10 before the end of the year, then rebound. No idea where it will stabilize. Hopefully I'll have some more available cash to buy around the $10 mark...

Considering Verizon Business service? Perhaps you'd like to consider a nice drain cleaner enema instead?

Edited by - PennehChaos. on 09/06/2008 09:12:58
Go to Top of Page

kavajava
Penny Collector Member

USA
490 Posts

Posted - 09/06/2008 :  10:05:02  Show Profile Send kavajava a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by PennehChaos.

Ooh, I like those 2008 Kookaburras...

They are nice--but those premiums...
Go to Top of Page

magnasort
Penny Pincher Member

USA
174 Posts

Posted - 09/06/2008 :  20:27:26  Show Profile Send magnasort a Private Message
TPOS will fall more to as low as 12/oz until after the election thing... look for 20/oz in Feb.

Magnetic sorters, no moving parts except the coins
Go to Top of Page

Nickelless
Administrator

USA
5580 Posts

Posted - 09/06/2008 :  21:12:14  Show Profile Send Nickelless a Private Message
Assuming nobody will WANT to sell their silver if it keeps dropping, are there any instance in which anyone would HAVE to sell physical silver if it keeps going down?

---------------

Go to Top of Page

Ardent Listener
Administrator

USA
4841 Posts

Posted - 09/06/2008 :  21:23:34  Show Profile Send Ardent Listener a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Nickelless

Assuming nobody will WANT to sell their silver if it keeps dropping, are there any instance in which anyone would HAVE to sell physical silver if it keeps going down?

People are always buying and selling silver at any price. As the market drops more investors will depart the silver train. $10.00 silver could happen, but if it did I wouldn't expect to see it there for long. It wasn't all that long ago when silver couldn't hold at $15.00 for long. $20.00+ was an obvious recent high point that I don't expect to see for a while. If you like silver, now up to $15.00 is a good price. If you can get it cheaper than $12.00 go for it while you still can.

Realcent.forumco.com disclosure. Please read.
All posts either by the members, moderators, and the administration of http://realcent.forumco.com are for your edification and amusement only. It is not the intent of realcent.forumco.com or its host to provide investment, medical, matrimonial, legal, security or tax advice and nothing posted here should be considered to be so. All rights reserved.

Think positive.
Go to Top of Page

jadedragon
Administrator

Canada
3788 Posts

Posted - 09/06/2008 :  22:44:19  Show Profile Send jadedragon a Private Message
Silver spot might be low right now, but I had to pay Spot+$5 at Vancouver's largest bullion dealer today. Only things they had are 2010 Maples, pandas at triple spot, and a few other international coins. I saw a guy happily buy a tarished zodiac 1 ounce bar for $18 while I was there.

“The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.” – George Bernard Shaw.
Why Copper Bullion ~~~ Interview with Silver Bullion Producer Market Harmony
Passive Income blog
Go to Top of Page

Ardent Listener
Administrator

USA
4841 Posts

Posted - 09/06/2008 :  23:13:06  Show Profile Send Ardent Listener a Private Message
Good Lord, maybe I should go into the mail order precious metals business because there is lots of the stuff up my way.

Realcent.forumco.com disclosure. Please read.
All posts either by the members, moderators, and the administration of http://realcent.forumco.com are for your edification and amusement only. It is not the intent of realcent.forumco.com or its host to provide investment, medical, matrimonial, legal, security or tax advice and nothing posted here should be considered to be so. All rights reserved.

Think positive.
Go to Top of Page

natsb88
Administrator

USA
1850 Posts

Posted - 09/06/2008 :  23:40:45  Show Profile Send natsb88 a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Ardent Listener

Good Lord, maybe I should go into the mail order precious metals business because there is lots of the stuff up my way.

Have a chat with some of that silver and see if you can convince it to make a trip to my neck of the woods. Heck, I'll even provide free accommodations while it's in town.

Nate
The Copper Cave

Go to Top of Page

jpf231
Penny Collector Member

USA
340 Posts

Posted - 09/07/2008 :  08:13:35  Show Profile Send jpf231 a Private Message
It'll stay low as long as the fed's manipulation of the commodities market (oil was their target) persists. They manipulated the markets via forcing the 17 largest banks to cover all their shorts, thereby pulling the carpet (billions of investment dollars in commodities) out from under all commodities (found this in another post on this forum and it makes sense to me).

Once parts of the country have a nice cold night or two, the "home heating oil crisis" will no doubt begin and give our metals a nice bump.
Go to Top of Page

Nickelless
Administrator

USA
5580 Posts

Posted - 09/08/2008 :  13:08:35  Show Profile Send Nickelless a Private Message
According to Coinflation, it's at $11.98 today. Unbelievable. Any news on the dollar (manipulation) today that I haven't seen yet?

---------------

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Classic Realcent Archives © 2000-2010 Realcent.org Go To Top Of Page