Classic Realcent Archives
Classic Realcent Archives
Home | Profile | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Bullion Coins and Metals Investing Forums
 Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals
 Kilo Silver Bars
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Copper Catcher
Administrator

USA
2092 Posts

Posted - 08/30/2008 :  17:48:08  Show Profile Send Copper Catcher a Private Message
Has anyone ever been able to buy kilo silver bars (see pictures below) and not pay a huge premium for them? I always thought they looked neat but all the ones I have ever seen on eBay cost way beyond the regular spot price! It also seems anything makes Swiss or Suisse also goes for mega bucks!

kavajava
Penny Collector Member

USA
490 Posts

Posted - 09/02/2008 :  11:58:46  Show Profile Send kavajava a Private Message
Well Copper Catcher, no answers after several days--guess no one else has seen them either--I think I have seen them on eBay, but as you noted the premium is usually way too much...and I vaguely remember seeing some from Tulving once--but can't be sure...my guess is that if and when he has them it will be your best deal--although he usually requires a minimum of 500 oz silver to order...

They are cool though--but, personally, if I am going to pay a big premium, I figure I might as well get Eagles, Maples, Philharmonics, etc...
Go to Top of Page

moboman
1000+ Penny Miser Member

USA
2555 Posts

Posted - 09/02/2008 :  15:31:44  Show Profile Send moboman a Private Message
A local guy here that is at every coinshow has a 1 kilo kuckabura. He wanted like $120 premium on it when silver was 18.37 an oz. I dont know what he wants now, i forgot to ask when i saw him sunday.

Casperscoins says they get them in from time to time. You might want to check with him. He said he can special order, but that has a "special" price tag.

Because I was looking for a kilo a while back and just decided to buy oz sized bars instead.

"99% of all lawyers give the rest of them a bad name"

Go to Top of Page

horgad
1000+ Penny Miser Member

USA
1641 Posts

Posted - 09/02/2008 :  15:57:19  Show Profile Send horgad a Private Message
I would stick to 1,10,100,1000 ounce bars simply because in the US that is what most people are use to and most POS quotes show in ounces, but any chunk of silver is cool.

And to answer your question, I can't remember the last time that I have seen any for sale at bulk bullion prices...

Edited by - horgad on 09/02/2008 15:58:28
Go to Top of Page

Copper Catcher
Administrator

USA
2092 Posts

Posted - 09/02/2008 :  19:23:32  Show Profile Send Copper Catcher a Private Message
Thanks all....Just thought I'd ask!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Classic Realcent Archives © 2000-2010 Realcent.org Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.09 seconds. Powered By: ForumCo v3.4.05
RSS Feed 1 RSS Feed 2