Classic Realcent Archives
Classic Realcent Archives
Home | Profile | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Bullion Coins and Metals Investing Forums
 Nickel Bullion & CuNi Bullion Coins
 Almost a dream roll....it did have a Buffalo:-)
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

klava
Penny Pincher Member

USA
192 Posts

Posted - 08/30/2008 :  02:37:32  Show Profile  Send klava an AOL message Send klava a Private Message
We have a safe at work when we get low on change we hit a button and out pops a roll of whatever we selected pops out. This is always my favorite part of the day. Cause I know I am getting paid to CRH at that moment lol. Today when we ran out of nickels I hit the button marked "$2" and out popped a roll. I was feeling bad today and didnt even give it a second thought until I popped the roll open. I could tell right off that every coin was old. Then I saw the Buffalo pop out. I had customers in line so I held my excitement. I had to give change to 4 people bfore I could look through them all. Everytime I had to give a nickel i would look at it first lol. Gave away 3 64's lol. Then I had a lag in customers and did a quick search.

All coins were 64 and under. I just knew I would find some silver. I didnt but am very happy with the results. Here they are at face value plus getting paid while searching(I just cant say it enough lol)

1 Buffalo no date(my first ever found in the wild)

Pre-60 Jeffersons 17 in total

1946d
1947 x2
1954d
1957 x2(nice finding 2 of these with a mintage of 39 mil)
1957d x2
1958(VERY happy to find this mintage just under 18 mil)
1959d x2
1962(I keep 60,61,&62 plains)

I imediately hit the "$2" button again and got the next 3 rolls in the safe to take home. They didnt have the same wrapper so i wasnt real excited.

One roll was 1 nickel short and I found 2 Pre-60's
1957(3 of a kind in one day with a low mintage life is good)

I also pulled some copper cents from the drawer

Copper 33
1959d*
1960*
1962d*
1968 s mint(always keep an eye out for the "s" mints:-)*

*not included in copper totals. I keep 59-62 seperate to complete rolls.

Anyway it was almost a dream roll but a very happy day for me either way. To put it into perspective I have worked there for a month and until today had only found 5 pre 60 nickels with one of those being a 60. Plus the past week hasnt been very good at producing any coins of mention.

Hope everyone has had a great day of hunting and hope everyone has a wonderous, safe, and blessed Labor day weekend!

-K

Edited by - klava on 08/30/2008 03:09:58

Copper Catcher
Administrator

USA
2092 Posts

Posted - 08/30/2008 :  07:21:47  Show Profile Send Copper Catcher a Private Message
Woooooo.... I can see you now hitting the button, like playing a slot machine! :-) Great story and finds.....
Go to Top of Page

TenBears
1000+ Penny Miser Member

USA
1021 Posts

Posted - 08/30/2008 :  07:26:31  Show Profile Send TenBears a Private Message
I think I would become an addict of hitting the $2 button. Is there a button for half dollars?

"Rich," the Old Man said dreamily, "is not baying after what you can't have. Rich is having the time to do what you want to do. Rich is a little whiskey to drink and some food to eat and a roof over your head and a fish pole and a boat and a gun and a dollar for a box of shells. Rich is not owing any money to anybody, and not spending what you haven't got." Robert Ruark

there are too wild Indians...
there are too wild Indians...
there are too wild Indians...-----still taunted

Go to Top of Page

HoardCopperByTheTon
Administrator

USA
6807 Posts

Posted - 08/30/2008 :  11:23:43  Show Profile Send HoardCopperByTheTon a Private Message
Sounds like a great roll klava. I save all the pre 60 nickels also. We get 5 rolls of nickels every day at work and I swap them out for 5 of my searched rolls before they even hit the till.

If your percentages are low.. just sort more. If your percentages are high.. just sort more.

Now selling Copper pennies. 1.6x plus shipping. Limited amounts available.
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

25 Posts

Posted - 08/31/2008 :  22:26:16  Show Profile Send n/a a Private Message
Why do you guys keep pre-60? anything special about them? I got a couple late 40's, early 50's. Should I keep them?
Go to Top of Page

klava
Penny Pincher Member

USA
192 Posts

Posted - 08/31/2008 :  22:44:31  Show Profile  Send klava an AOL message Send klava a Private Message
Thanks guys. No half button lol. I have to watch how much change I buy fromt he safe so I dont get into trouble witht he boss lol. Derrik we keep them simply for the fact that they are old and have a low mintage(most anyway). I say keep them ofcourse lol. Or you can send them my way lol

-K
Go to Top of Page

jadedragon
Administrator

Canada
3788 Posts

Posted - 09/01/2008 :  02:12:38  Show Profile Send jadedragon a Private Message
I'd be working out a deal to sell the store 2.5% Cu penny rolls and silver free nickel rolls. No delivery charge and as many as they want.

“The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.” – George Bernard Shaw.
Why Copper Bullion ~~~ Interview with Silver Bullion Producer Market Harmony
Passive Income blog
Go to Top of Page

klava
Penny Pincher Member

USA
192 Posts

Posted - 09/01/2008 :  11:03:41  Show Profile  Send klava an AOL message Send klava a Private Message
Yeah i give my boss rolls all the time and trade with her when i can. I always know if a rollcomes out of the safe with a K on it not to even look for anythinglol

-K
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Classic Realcent Archives © 2000-2010 Realcent.org Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.12 seconds. Powered By: ForumCo v3.4.05
RSS Feed 1 RSS Feed 2