Classic Realcent Archives
Classic Realcent Archives
Home | Profile | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Bullion Coins and Metals Investing Forums
 Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals
 Why Invest in Copper Coins
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Ardent Listener
Administrator

USA
4841 Posts

Posted - 08/26/2008 :  17:18:22  Show Profile Send Ardent Listener a Private Message
Why Invest in Copper Coins?

BECAUSE COPPER CONTINUOUSLY OUTPERFORMS GOLD, SILVER, & THE STOCK MARKET!!!

"Copper, one of the oldest commodities known to man, is a product with fortunes which directly reflect the state of the world economy. It is the world's third most widely used metal, after iron and aluminum, and is primarily used in highly cyclical industries such as construction and industrial machinery manufacturing. Profitable extraction of the metal depends on cost-efficient high-volume mining techniques, and supply is sensitive to the political situation particularly in those countries where copper mining is a government-controlled enterprise.

Copper was first worked about 7,000 years ago. Its softness, color, and presence in nature enabled it to be easily mined and fashioned into primitive utensils, tools, and weapons. Five thousand years ago, man learned to alloy copper with tin, producing bronze and giving rise to a new age.

Thus copper was established as a commodity with commercial value." -New York Mercantile Exchange

Copper has more industrial applications than almost any other metal used today. Some of the uses include:

Electrical Wire & Relays
Water Piping
Printed Circuit Boards
Computer Chips
Lead-Free Solder
Electromagnetic motors, generators, and transformers
Vacuum Tubes (i.e. used in Microwaves)
Ammunition (1943 Steel Penny anyone?)
Alloyed with ALL precious metals to add strength & durability
As you can see, as infrastructure expands in China, India, Russia, and every other emerging nation, demand will increase exponentially.

PennyBullion.com expects the decline of the US Dollar over the next few years. The Federal Reserve has stated in June 2008 that it plans to engage in policy to avoid strengthening the dollar. Their "reasoning" for this is to encourage exports in an effort to stimulate the economy. The US government will try and take advantage of the week dollar to pay back the ever-increasing national debt with cheaper money. This doesn't even include the new Government bailout programs of the Banking Industry. What does this mean for US citizens? Inflation.

Copper (as well as most other commodities) is "inflation-proof".

You must be logged in to see this link.

Realcent.forumco.com disclosure. Please read.
All posts either by the members, moderators, and the administration of http://realcent.forumco.com are for your edification and amusement only. It is not the intent of realcent.forumco.com or its host to provide investment, medical, matrimonial, legal, security or tax advice and nothing posted here should be considered to be so. All rights reserved.

Think positive.

Delawhere Jack
1000+ Penny Miser Member

USA
1680 Posts

Posted - 08/26/2008 :  18:00:32  Show Profile Send Delawhere Jack a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Ardent Listener

Why Invest in Copper Coins?

BECAUSE COPPER CONTINUOUSLY OUTPERFORMS GOLD, SILVER, & THE STOCK MARKET!!!

"Copper, one of the oldest commodities known to man, is a product with fortunes which directly reflect the state of the world economy. It is the world's third most widely used metal, after iron and aluminum, and is primarily used in highly cyclical industries such as construction and industrial machinery manufacturing. Profitable extraction of the metal depends on cost-efficient high-volume mining techniques, and supply is sensitive to the political situation particularly in those countries where copper mining is a government-controlled enterprise.

Copper was first worked about 7,000 years ago. Its softness, color, and presence in nature enabled it to be easily mined and fashioned into primitive utensils, tools, and weapons. Five thousand years ago, man learned to alloy copper with tin, producing bronze and giving rise to a new age.

Thus copper was established as a commodity with commercial value." -New York Mercantile Exchange

Copper has more industrial applications than almost any other metal used today. Some of the uses include:

Electrical Wire & Relays
Water Piping
Printed Circuit Boards
Computer Chips
Lead-Free Solder
Electromagnetic motors, generators, and transformers
Vacuum Tubes (i.e. used in Microwaves)
Ammunition (1943 Steel Penny anyone?)
Alloyed with ALL precious metals to add strength & durability
As you can see, as infrastructure expands in China, India, Russia, and every other emerging nation, demand will increase exponentially.

PennyBullion.com expects the decline of the US Dollar over the next few years. The Federal Reserve has stated in June 2008 that it plans to engage in policy to avoid strengthening the dollar. Their "reasoning" for this is to encourage exports in an effort to stimulate the economy. The US government will try and take advantage of the week dollar to pay back the ever-increasing national debt with cheaper money. This doesn't even include the new Government bailout programs of the Banking Industry. What does this mean for US citizens? Inflation.

Copper (as well as most other commodities) is "inflation-proof".

You must be logged in to see this link.

Very interesting. Is this someone on the forum? Or perhaps one of the industrial sorters we've suspected are out there? There is no phone number or address on the site, hmmmm...

A "whois" look up on the domain name only lists Tucows as the domain registrant, which suggests that it is a small enterprise rather than an industrial sorter.

The prices are about what you could actually get for #2 copper (less shipping).
Not a bad deal.

Ok, who is it? Hoard, ND, Cessna? Seriously, if it is one of you guys, I might make a purchase, but I'd be reluctant to buy from some unknown party.

"Educate and inform the whole mass of the people... They are the only sure reliance for the preservation of our liberty." Thomas Jefferson

Go to Top of Page

Ardent Listener
Administrator

USA
4841 Posts

Posted - 08/26/2008 :  18:03:48  Show Profile Send Ardent Listener a Private Message
Pennybullion is a new member here. BTW, welcome P.B..

Realcent.forumco.com disclosure. Please read.
All posts either by the members, moderators, and the administration of http://realcent.forumco.com are for your edification and amusement only. It is not the intent of realcent.forumco.com or its host to provide investment, medical, matrimonial, legal, security or tax advice and nothing posted here should be considered to be so. All rights reserved.

Think positive.
Go to Top of Page

Delawhere Jack
1000+ Penny Miser Member

USA
1680 Posts

Posted - 08/26/2008 :  18:11:30  Show Profile Send Delawhere Jack a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Ardent Listener

Pennybullion is a new member here. BTW, welcome P.B..

Thanks Ardent.

"Educate and inform the whole mass of the people... They are the only sure reliance for the preservation of our liberty." Thomas Jefferson

Go to Top of Page

pennybullion
Penny Pincher Member

243 Posts

Posted - 08/26/2008 :  19:25:21  Show Profile Send pennybullion a Private Message
Hi Delaware Jack, let me introduce myself, and thank you for your interest in my site. I keep my pricing right in line with #2 copper (since this is how the coin melts), and try and keep all shipping costs as reasonable as possible. I would be more than happy to take care of all your copper penny needs! I guarantee your satisfaction, and can provide many references on purchases of lots $1000 or over. Thanks again!

Btw, thanks for the topic post off the site, Ardent!

www.pennybullion.com
Go to Top of Page

HoardCopperByTheTon
Administrator

USA
6807 Posts

Posted - 08/27/2008 :  01:39:21  Show Profile Send HoardCopperByTheTon a Private Message
Good to see a little competition in the copper market. Welcome to the site pennybullion.. great website!

His prices seem reasonable. I would be happy to match them though if you would prefer to buy from someone you know Jack.

If your percentages are low.. just sort more. If your percentages are high.. just sort more.

Now selling Copper pennies. 1.6x plus shipping. Limited amounts available.
Go to Top of Page

pennybullion
Penny Pincher Member

243 Posts

Posted - 08/27/2008 :  08:34:28  Show Profile Send pennybullion a Private Message
Hoard, are you interested in moving volume? Or do you plan to stick to the weekly $50 bag on ebay?

www.pennybullion.com
Go to Top of Page

HoardCopperByTheTon
Administrator

USA
6807 Posts

Posted - 08/27/2008 :  09:17:51  Show Profile Send HoardCopperByTheTon a Private Message
Already moving volume. That weekly bag on eBay is just to maintain market presence and for market development.

If your percentages are low.. just sort more. If your percentages are high.. just sort more.

Now selling Copper pennies. 1.6x plus shipping. Limited amounts available.
Go to Top of Page

Delawhere Jack
1000+ Penny Miser Member

USA
1680 Posts

Posted - 08/27/2008 :  18:05:58  Show Profile Send Delawhere Jack a Private Message
PB, Hoard. Thanks for the offer guys, right now I'm focusing on other hoard items, things that may no longer be an option if BHO wins in November, if you get my drift....

Go to Top of Page

daviscfad
1000+ Penny Miser Member

USA
1664 Posts

Posted - 08/27/2008 :  23:52:53  Show Profile Send daviscfad a Private Message
welcome to the forum penny bullion.
quote:
PB, Hoard. Thanks for the offer guys, right now I'm focusing on other hoard items, things that may no longer be an option if BHO wins in November, if you get my drift....

Ohh come on what else could there be to hoard

Inquiring minds want to know
Go to Top of Page

jadedragon
Administrator

Canada
3788 Posts

Posted - 08/28/2008 :  03:19:26  Show Profile Send jadedragon a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by HoardCopperByTheTon

Already moving volume. That weekly bag on eBay is just to maintain market presence and for market development.

There are various levels to this market - the casual ebay investor, the larger hoarder, and eventually the smelter. There are also suppliers working at various levels.

I appreciate the efforts of pioneers like HCBTT who continues to do a lot to both open the market and educate others on how to take advantage of this opprotunity. Many people are first exposed to copper bullion on ebay which leads them to coinflation, which leads them here. Often the active sellers like HCBTT specifically invite thier buyers here where those buyers learn how to hoard themselves - even becoming compitition to the ones that invited them to realcent.

I also appreciate pennybullion introducing some new concepts - like larger lots that appeal to a whole other investor market. Hats off to him, and I really hope it works.

However, I would urge caution in suggesting that the activities done on eBay are wrong or less worthy. We need to work together, yet independantly to build our own market segments.

I strongly advocate for a more organized approach to the market. Advocating for a eBay Copper Bullion category, working together to meet orders, improving packaging and shipping standards are all great. The more ideas tried, as long as they are legal and do not damage this little industry, the better.

“The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.” – George Bernard Shaw.
Why Copper Bullion ~~~ Interview with Silver Bullion Producer Market Harmony
Passive Income blog
Go to Top of Page

pennybullion
Penny Pincher Member

243 Posts

Posted - 08/28/2008 :  17:31:35  Show Profile Send pennybullion a Private Message
legacypac, you are 100% correct on your points, and I am a supporter of your copper e-bay category push. E-bay is an excellent medium to spread the word and stir up interest and excitement. I personally believe that the supply is too concentrated at the casual investor level, and needs to spread out a bit in order for everyone to get the prices they want and deserve. It is my effort to try and do this for the benefit of everyone who wishes to partake in this little opportunity the government handed over to us. The more we work together to develop this market, the better off all of us will be in the long run.

www.pennybullion.com
Go to Top of Page

daviscfad
1000+ Penny Miser Member

USA
1664 Posts

Posted - 08/28/2008 :  23:55:18  Show Profile Send daviscfad a Private Message
quote:

There are various levels to this market - the casual ebay investor, the larger hoarder, and eventually the smelter. There are also suppliers working at various levels.

I appreciate the efforts of pioneers like HCBTT who continues to do a lot to both open the market and educate others on how to take advantage of this opprotunity. Many people are first exposed to copper bullion on ebay which leads them to coinflation, which leads them here. Often the active sellers like HCBTT specifically invite thier buyers here where those buyers learn how to hoard themselves - even becoming compitition to the ones that invited them to realcent.

I also appreciate pennybullion introducing some new concepts - like larger lots that appeal to a whole other investor market. Hats off to him, and I really hope it works.

However, I would urge caution in suggesting that the activities done on eBay are wrong or less worthy. We need to work together, yet independantly to build our own market segments.

I strongly advocate for a more organized approach to the market. Advocating for a eBay Copper Bullion category, working together to meet orders, improving packaging and shipping standards are all great. The more ideas tried, as long as they are legal and do not damage this little industry, the better.

quote:
legacypac, you are 100% correct on your points, and I am a supporter of your copper e-bay category push. E-bay is an excellent medium to spread the word and stir up interest and excitement. I personally believe that the supply is too concentrated at the casual investor level, and needs to spread out a bit in order for everyone to get the prices they want and deserve. It is my effort to try and do this for the benefit of everyone who wishes to partake in this little opportunity the government handed over to us. The more we work together to develop this market, the better off all of us will be in the long run.

Well said I agree

Inquiring minds want to know
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Classic Realcent Archives © 2000-2010 Realcent.org Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.17 seconds. Powered By: ForumCo v3.4.05
RSS Feed 1 RSS Feed 2