Classic Realcent Archives
Classic Realcent Archives
Home | Profile | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Bullion Coins and Metals Investing Forums
 Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals
 How were junk silver sales prior to price spike?
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

JerrySpringer
Penny Hoarding Member

669 Posts

Posted - 08/18/2008 :  10:04:41  Show Profile Send JerrySpringer a Private Message
I was wondering if sales of junk silver -ie- war nickels and other common circulated coins, pretty much tracked the spot price of silver over the past few years since silver has been rising past $5/oz. . If silver prices drop more, it would be something to pick up junk silver as people start unloading it for fear of more price drops.

Neckro
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Saudi Arabia
2080 Posts

Posted - 08/18/2008 :  11:54:39  Show Profile  Send Neckro an AOL message  Click to see Neckro's MSN Messenger address  Send Neckro a Yahoo! Message Send Neckro a Private Message
I dunno, if silver keeps dropping, it's gonna bring me flashbacks from my stock market experience. My silver value has already dropped 4k in value in 7days time. Unlike that I aint gonna drop my silver for anything. Hopefully we can find people who will sell it at face, since most of them probably already price checked with silver dealers, coin shops, and will realise they have more to gain from selling to the public. -Shrugs- It's been hard for me to find people willing to pass their junk at spot since it's basically buying it wholesale now.

Trolling is an art.
Go to Top of Page

TenBears
1000+ Penny Miser Member

USA
1021 Posts

Posted - 08/18/2008 :  12:01:43  Show Profile Send TenBears a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Neckro

I dunno, if silver keeps dropping, it's gonna bring me flashbacks from my stock market experience. My silver value has already dropped 4k in value in 7days time. Unlike that I aint gonna drop my silver for anything. Hopefully we can find people who will sell it at face, since most of them probably already price checked with silver dealers, coin shops, and will realise they have more to gain from selling to the public. -Shrugs- It's been hard for me to find people willing to pass their junk at spot since it's basically buying it wholesale now.

Neckro, I wish that I had enough silver to suffer a 4k loss in value over the last 7 days. I anticipate your losses will be short lived. There is no reason for PMs to have dropped like they have other than for market manipulations by the powerful. I just wish I had some discretionary money at the moment. Maybe the prices will stay low until the next paycheck.

"Rich," the Old Man said dreamily, "is not baying after what you can't have. Rich is having the time to do what you want to do. Rich is a little whiskey to drink and some food to eat and a roof over your head and a fish pole and a boat and a gun and a dollar for a box of shells. Rich is not owing any money to anybody, and not spending what you haven't got." Robert Ruark

there are too wild Indians...
there are too wild Indians...
there are too wild Indians...-----still taunted

Go to Top of Page

Neckro
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Saudi Arabia
2080 Posts

Posted - 08/18/2008 :  13:43:26  Show Profile  Send Neckro an AOL message  Click to see Neckro's MSN Messenger address  Send Neckro a Yahoo! Message Send Neckro a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by TenBears

quote:
Originally posted by Neckro

Neckro, I wish that I had enough silver to suffer a 4k loss in value over the last 7 days. I anticipate your losses will be short lived. There is no reason for PMs to have dropped like they have other than for market manipulations by the powerful. I just wish I had some discretionary money at the moment. Maybe the prices will stay low until the next paycheck.

That's what I'm hoping. Just a few weeks at this low, and I can be able to purchase some more. But platinum is also at nice low. I might considering dabbling in some of that just to say I have some platinum on me, other then inside my ride.

Trolling is an art.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Classic Realcent Archives © 2000-2010 Realcent.org Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.09 seconds. Powered By: ForumCo v3.4.05
RSS Feed 1 RSS Feed 2