Classic Realcent Archives
Classic Realcent Archives
Home | Profile | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Bullion Coins and Metals Investing Forums
 Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals
 What'd You Buy Today?
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

n/a
deleted

139 Posts

Posted - 08/15/2008 :  22:45:01  Show Profile Send n/a a Private Message
got 2 1/10oz eagles @spot. no silver today
Go to Top of Page

moboman
1000+ Penny Miser Member

USA
2555 Posts

Posted - 08/15/2008 :  22:47:56  Show Profile Send moboman a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Neckro

I got 18 of those 1ounce 20$ liberty coins, a while back. Nice looking, but not my style of bullion

I figured I cant really loose with them. If the same thing happens as with the old ones and these become worth $8/ea, I just made a lot of money. If they become worth something for some other reason, if nothing else I can always spend them for a dollar and loose nothing but my $14 for shipping.

"99% of all lawyers give the rest of them a bad name"

Go to Top of Page

HoardCopperByTheTon
Administrator

USA
6807 Posts

Posted - 08/16/2008 :  17:24:25  Show Profile Send HoardCopperByTheTon a Private Message
Zinc.. Lots of Zinc! Everybody is trying to buy gold, silver and platinum.. so I bought zinc.. $275 in zinc.. 11 boxes.. It was really shiny though!

I also bought copper pennies.. about 287.50 face at the show and another 200 face by internet from a fellow hoarder.

If your percentages are low.. just sort more. If your percentages are high.. just sort more.

Now selling Copper pennies. 1.6x plus shipping. Limited amounts available.
Go to Top of Page

jadedragon
Administrator

Canada
3788 Posts

Posted - 08/16/2008 :  20:34:31  Show Profile Send jadedragon a Private Message
1. Wife bought Canadian Quarter Collecting supplies - Canada has many interesting quarters released into circulation. The wife is diligently sorting for various designs as I type. Finally something that caught her attention with coins :)
2. This lead to buying many rolls of quarters
3. She picked up a free Gilbrater Crown with an Ape on it in the coin store. The coin zoo needed an ape.
4. I bought a bunch of new silver maple leafs, plus 8 Olympic design Silver MLs. The pretty Olympic ones sell for a big premium on eBay.
5. Two rubbermaid bins of nickels and pennies from various driveby's. All CWR/in branch wrapped it looks like.
6. 39 rolls of dimes. I don't usually buy dimes, but it a teller offers dimes I will usually take that as a sign I should buy them as well.
7. One quarter found in the middle of 1st and Commercial. This location is one of the heaviest foot traffic areas in Vancouver, complete with buskers, beggers, and even two people asking for donations for the women's selter. Seems that not only will people not pick up pennies, shiny new quarters are not worth bending over for.
Late edition-37 War nicks, 4X40% 1/2s and a silver dime all below melt, including shipping. It is possible on eBay to get a good deal, but don't tell anyone.

“The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.” – George Bernard Shaw.
Why Copper Bullion ~~~ Interview with Silver Bullion Producer Market Harmony
Passive Income blog

Edited by - jadedragon on 08/16/2008 22:40:41
Go to Top of Page

Neckro
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Saudi Arabia
2080 Posts

Posted - 08/16/2008 :  21:10:12  Show Profile  Send Neckro an AOL message  Click to see Neckro's MSN Messenger address  Send Neckro a Yahoo! Message Send Neckro a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by HoardCopperByTheTon

Zinc.. Lots of Zinc! Everybody is trying to buy gold, silver and platinum.. so I bought zinc.. $275 in zinc.. 11 boxes.. It was really shiny though!

I also bought copper pennies.. about 287.50 face at the show and another 200 face by internet from a fellow hoarder.

Dude, you're just a penny nut! Haha. Just 1 1/10 and 1 1/4 god eagle today.

Trolling is an art.
Go to Top of Page

HoardCopperByTheTon
Administrator

USA
6807 Posts

Posted - 08/17/2008 :  03:30:23  Show Profile Send HoardCopperByTheTon a Private Message
You did better than me today Neckro. Congratulations! I couldn't find anybody selling fractional gold at a reasonable price.

Late edition.. I did manage to buy a little gold over the phone tonight while at work from a dealer I talked to earlier at the show.. a $20 Lib and 2 $5 Libs.. I pick them up at the show in the morning.

If your percentages are low.. just sort more. If your percentages are high.. just sort more.

Go to Top of Page

Neckro
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Saudi Arabia
2080 Posts

Posted - 08/17/2008 :  10:00:38  Show Profile  Send Neckro an AOL message  Click to see Neckro's MSN Messenger address  Send Neckro a Yahoo! Message Send Neckro a Private Message
Yeah, that coin show was much smaller then the one held in Modesto. Just something about being in a cramped space with a bunch of people that doesn't burn right with me.

Trolling is an art.
Go to Top of Page

Flbandit
Penny Hoarding Member

USA
851 Posts

Posted - 08/17/2008 :  20:06:50  Show Profile Send Flbandit a Private Message
I picked up two Canadian Silver dollars, and a '72S Proof IKE.

Are you throwing that out?
Go to Top of Page

HoardCopperByTheTon
Administrator

USA
6807 Posts

Posted - 08/17/2008 :  22:05:53  Show Profile Send HoardCopperByTheTon a Private Message
Had a little better luck at the show today. I picked up my $20 and 2 $5 libs and was actually able to buy a little 90% at 9.3x and some SLQ's at 10x.

Go to Top of Page

jadedragon
Administrator

Canada
3788 Posts

Posted - 08/18/2008 :  04:28:19  Show Profile Send jadedragon a Private Message
With silver at $12.77 eBay hunting yielded:
40 War Nicks at 76 cents each (shipping included) a touch over melt of $0.72
30 80% Quarters at 1.78 each (shipping included) against melt of $1.91

“The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.” – George Bernard Shaw.
Passive Income blog
Go to Top of Page

HoardCopperByTheTon
Administrator

USA
6807 Posts

Posted - 08/22/2008 :  00:38:17  Show Profile Send HoardCopperByTheTon a Private Message
Another Mach 7 counter.

Had a good coin day today even if I didn't get any gold or silver.
Picked up 10 bags of copper and 7500 82 cents at the Post Office.
1 Box (50 rolls) shiny new Arizona quarters
1 Box (50 rolls) shiny new nickels
4 Rolls shiny new Jackson Dollars
12 Rolls shiny new Monroe Dollars
200 CWR Pennies

Go to Top of Page

magnasort
Penny Pincher Member

USA
174 Posts

Posted - 08/22/2008 :  06:00:20  Show Profile Send magnasort a Private Message
Another box of CWR Cu37% and 200 walker halves Ag90%

Magnetic sorters, no moving parts except the coins
Go to Top of Page

byro007
Penny Collector Member

USA
399 Posts

Posted - 08/22/2008 :  12:56:41  Show Profile  Click to see byro007's MSN Messenger address  Send byro007 a Yahoo! Message Send byro007 a Private Message
i bought 11 ase today and 2 oz bars along with 1.35 90% silver and 1000 wheat pennies
Go to Top of Page

Cody8404
Penny Hoarding Member

USA
602 Posts

Posted - 08/23/2008 :  14:53:25  Show Profile Send Cody8404 a Private Message
Right now silver is the way to go. Cents will come when I get caught up on cash.

Awake, O kings of the earth! Come ye, O, come ye, with your gold and your silver, to the help of my people, to the house of the daughters of Zion, to the help of the people of the God of this Land even Jesus Christ.
Go to Top of Page

jadedragon
Administrator

Canada
3788 Posts

Posted - 08/25/2008 :  02:31:41  Show Profile Send jadedragon a Private Message
My mother rounded up all her pennies and nickels and other coins to show me when she heard I was sorting and selling coins. Bought 1 silver dime and $2.20 face of .99 nickels off her for about melt. Will run the pennies through the Ryedale for her later. Hey she feed me dinner too - one of my favorates - so I should have paid double :)

Passive Income blog
Go to Top of Page

Nickelless
Administrator

USA
5580 Posts

Posted - 08/30/2008 :  20:11:11  Show Profile Send Nickelless a Private Message
I was actually awake and not having to work during daylight hours today so I stopped in at a coin shop that Gr33nday33 recommended. I hadn't planned on buying anything, but two 1-oz. Engelhard rounds started calling for the FRNs in my wallet.

Visit my new preparedness site: Preparedness.cc/SurvivalPrep.net
--Latest article: Stocking up on spices to keep food preps lively

---------------

Be prepared...and prepared to help: http://www.survivalblog.com/charity.html

Are you ready spiritually for hard times? http://www.jesusfreak.com/rapture.asp
Go to Top of Page

jadedragon
Administrator

Canada
3788 Posts

Posted - 08/30/2008 :  21:12:35  Show Profile Send jadedragon a Private Message
5 fantastic silver Mexican Onzas at $2.50 over spot and 10 Canadian made silver bars at $2.00 over spot. Dealer raised thier premium from $1.00 to $2.00 over spot a week and a half ago because suppliers raised thier premium above the dollar mark. All they had in silver stock was 9 or 10 bundles of silver bars and those Onzas - nothing else, and they are a pretty decent sized coin and stamp dealer.

Passive Income blog
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Classic Realcent Archives © 2000-2010 Realcent.org Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.16 seconds. Powered By: ForumCo v3.4.05
RSS Feed 1 RSS Feed 2