Classic Realcent Archives
Classic Realcent Archives
Home | Profile | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Bullion Coins and Metals Investing Forums
 Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals
 What'd You Buy Today?
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Ant
Penny Hoarding Member

USA
894 Posts

Posted - 08/12/2008 :  22:22:45  Show Profile Send Ant a Private Message
Poll Question:
Sooooooooooooo, if you bought today, what did you buy?

Choices:

Gold
Silver
Palladium
Platinum
Pennies

Lovely dimes, the liveliest coin, the one that really jingles. --Truman Capote

Coins are the metallic footprints of the history of nations. --William H. Woodin

TenBears
1000+ Penny Miser Member

USA
1021 Posts

Posted - 08/12/2008 :  23:02:02  Show Profile Send TenBears a Private Message
A chicken/jalapeno melt from Taco Bell with a diet Pepsi because TB doesn't serve Coke.

Went by the dealer to purchase a 10 ounce silver ingot, but none to be had. There's always tomorrow.

"Rich," the Old Man said dreamily, "is not baying after what you can't have. Rich is having the time to do what you want to do. Rich is a little whiskey to drink and some food to eat and a roof over your head and a fish pole and a boat and a gun and a dollar for a box of shells. Rich is not owing any money to anybody, and not spending what you haven't got." Robert Ruark

there are too wild Indians...
there are too wild Indians...-----still taunted

Go to Top of Page

CoinHunter53562
1000+ Penny Miser Member

USA
1805 Posts

Posted - 08/12/2008 :  23:35:49  Show Profile Send CoinHunter53562 a Private Message
Bought some junk silver today: 8 silver dollars, and 25 silver half dollars. Not a big purchase, but wanted to take advantage of the lower spot price today.

My hobby: collecting real money 1 copper cent or nickel at a time.

Go to Top of Page

fb101
Administrator

USA
2856 Posts

Posted - 08/13/2008 :  05:51:52  Show Profile Send fb101 a Private Message
I'm looking into some silver,but haven't bought yet.

Go to Top of Page

magnasort
Penny Pincher Member

USA
174 Posts

Posted - 08/13/2008 :  06:01:45  Show Profile Send magnasort a Private Message
Going to pick up a few hundred oz ag this wk if wife will let me.

Magnetic sorters, no moving parts except the coins
Go to Top of Page

NotABigDeal
1000+ Penny Miser Member

USA
3890 Posts

Posted - 08/13/2008 :  06:12:57  Show Profile Send NotABigDeal a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by TenBears

A chicken/jalapeno melt from Taco Bell with a diet Pepsi because TB doesn't serve Coke.

Went by the dealer to purchase a 10 ounce silver ingot, but none to be had. There's always tomorrow.

Quick question, what good does the diet Pepsi do if you are eating Taco Bell....

Deal

p.s. Physically bought nothing, but I did order some pennies. (yesterday)

Live free or die.
Plain and simple.

"If you love wealth more than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, depart from us in peace. We ask not your council or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you. May your chains rest lightly upon you and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen."
- Samuel Adams
Go to Top of Page

jorhyne
Penny Pincher Member

174 Posts

Posted - 08/13/2008 :  12:17:52  Show Profile Send jorhyne a Private Message
Bought a roll of 08' silver eagles off eBay @ spot by using the live.com discount!

Pennies For Sale: http://tiny.cc/jorhynespennies
Go to Top of Page

natsb88
Administrator

USA
1850 Posts

Posted - 08/13/2008 :  13:04:33  Show Profile Send natsb88 a Private Message
Yesterday I spent $700 on text books for this semester. All but one are used too. That could have been a lot of silver at today's price...

Nate
The Copper Cave

Go to Top of Page

HoardCopperByTheTon
Administrator

USA
6807 Posts

Posted - 08/14/2008 :  21:05:03  Show Profile Send HoardCopperByTheTon a Private Message
What, aluminum is not an option? I bought 340 Aluminum Mardi Gras tokens.

Also bought lots and lots of pennies and some silver.

Got a silver dollar and an ASE for $5 each, $10 for the pair!
Ok, Ok.. the last one raffle wins at coin club with $10 worth of tickets.

If your percentages are low.. just sort more. If your percentages are high.. just sort more.

Now selling Copper pennies. 1.6x plus shipping. Limited amounts available.
Go to Top of Page

TenBears
1000+ Penny Miser Member

USA
1021 Posts

Posted - 08/14/2008 :  21:26:45  Show Profile Send TenBears a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by NotABigDeal

quote:
Originally posted by TenBears

Quick question, what good does the diet Pepsi do if you are eating Taco Bell....

Deal

Unleaded tastes better to me. It's a taste issue, not a calorie one.

"Rich," the Old Man said dreamily, "is not baying after what you can't have. Rich is having the time to do what you want to do. Rich is a little whiskey to drink and some food to eat and a roof over your head and a fish pole and a boat and a gun and a dollar for a box of shells. Rich is not owing any money to anybody, and not spending what you haven't got." Robert Ruark

there are too wild Indians...-----still taunted

Go to Top of Page

kieblera5
Penny Hoarding Member

USA
859 Posts

Posted - 08/14/2008 :  21:33:57  Show Profile  Send kieblera5 an AOL message Send kieblera5 a Private Message
Bought 200 40% halves today for under spot.

Democracy is being allowed to vote for the candidate you dislike least.

Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and then beat you mercilessly with experience.

Caller number seven gets the Peace Prize!

Get coding tips, tricks, and more at: http://codingmonday.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

moboman
1000+ Penny Miser Member

USA
2555 Posts

Posted - 08/14/2008 :  21:42:56  Show Profile Send moboman a Private Message
I wanted to buy some of everything...But I bought nothing. Why am I getting so lazy?
I did help saw up a tree though , and still manage to work today.

"99% of all lawyers give the rest of them a bad name"

Go to Top of Page

Nickelless
Administrator

USA
5580 Posts

Posted - 08/15/2008 :  10:47:53  Show Profile Send Nickelless a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by natsb88

Yesterday I spent $700 on text books for this semester. All but one are used too. That could have been a lot of silver at today's price...

And after the semester is over, you can send the books to the refiner to break them down into their component elements. Can't say I miss paying out the nose for textbooks.

Visit my new preparedness site: Preparedness.cc/SurvivalPrep.net
--Latest article: Stocking up on spices to keep food preps lively

---------------

Be prepared...and prepared to help: http://www.survivalblog.com/charity.html

Are you ready spiritually for hard times? http://www.jesusfreak.com/rapture.asp
Go to Top of Page

natsb88
Administrator

USA
1850 Posts

Posted - 08/15/2008 :  10:56:22  Show Profile Send natsb88 a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Nickelless

quote:
Originally posted by natsb88

And after the semester is over, you can send the books to the refiner to break them down into their component elements. Can't say I miss paying out the nose for textbooks.

The amount the bookstore will pay to buy them back at the end of the semester is ridiculous. I could probably sell them on eBay for more. Some they won't buy back at all, as they switch to the newest edition every year or every other year.

I don't sell any of my engineering or math books anyway though, as they are useful references for future classes. I guess you could say I'm hoarding text books too

Nate
The Copper Cave

Go to Top of Page

copperpennies
Penny Pincher Member

USA
222 Posts

Posted - 08/15/2008 :  10:57:51  Show Profile Send copperpennies a Private Message
i bought copper silver and gold in the form of a cell phone. The scary thing is he last 4 numbers are the same.
Go to Top of Page

HoardCopperByTheTon
Administrator

USA
6807 Posts

Posted - 08/15/2008 :  11:02:01  Show Profile Send HoardCopperByTheTon a Private Message
I hoarded textbooks when I was in college too. Never used them for reference. Best thing to do is to try to sell them direct to other students while they are still current so you can at least recover part of your investment. Just go to the bookstore and see what they price their used ones at and undercut their price. You could sell them on Craig's List, school bulletin boards, eBay, Yahoo, half.com etc. Then if you want them for reference buy them at the thrift store a year later for $1 each when they come out with the annual new edition to make the old edition obsolete.

If your percentages are low.. just sort more. If your percentages are high.. just sort more.

Now selling Copper pennies. 1.6x plus shipping. Limited amounts available.
Go to Top of Page

magnasort
Penny Pincher Member

USA
174 Posts

Posted - 08/15/2008 :  12:10:52  Show Profile Send magnasort a Private Message
Got 800 silver halves today when spot was 12.90.

Magnetic sorters, no moving parts except the coins
Go to Top of Page

horgad
1000+ Penny Miser Member

USA
1641 Posts

Posted - 08/15/2008 :  12:13:13  Show Profile Send horgad a Private Message
Alka-Seltzer, Aspirin, and a Fifth of Vodka to wash it all down...

Edited by - horgad on 08/15/2008 12:13:40
Go to Top of Page

Ardent Listener
Administrator

USA
4841 Posts

Posted - 08/15/2008 :  18:27:35  Show Profile Send Ardent Listener a Private Message
$12.70 silver is tempting, but IMO we are in a silver price crash right now. I would feel better buying as silver starts tp move back up then in this free fall.

Realcent.forumco.com disclosure. Please read.
All posts either by the members, moderators, and the administration of http://realcent.forumco.com are for your edification and amusement only. It is not the intent of realcent.forumco.com or its host to provide investment, medical, matrimonial, legal, security or tax advice and nothing posted here should be considered to be so. All rights reserved.

Think positive.
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

18 Posts

Posted - 08/15/2008 :  18:50:54  Show Profile Send n/a a Private Message
I bought a mountain dew. And I stored away five gallons and about fifty in bronze coin. We rolled that sucker, too heavy and cumbersome to lift.

This price drop to me is nothing to worry about. I don't plan on selling my stash, which I've s cleverly covered with the wheat pennies I've found in circulation. I plan on keeping all of it for future unbegot childrens. They are more important than money for the buffet, for example. I've learned how to live poor while being rich. It makes your skin twice as thick as it used to be.

In a crunch two or so weeks ago I sold a half oz GAE for 450 (spot must have been around 920). This was the price I bought it at a year ago, when I started getting into all this (wise-minded) monkey business. It hurt me to sell, typical of gold which is the crack rock of metals. The girl in the car with me was shocked that I walked in with a "little" coin and out again with a check for $450. Now that the prices have dropped, if I had a salary, I'd be possibly buying more junk silver, which I love. As it was, I only had the money to take the best intrinsic deal on the market (bronze coin) and as it is now, I've got a dollar and change, but I'm not worried.

www.cuttingthroughthematrix.com --- Clearing the rubbish from the road to reality.
Go to Top of Page

longhorn
Penny Sorter Member

80 Posts

Posted - 08/15/2008 :  18:53:26  Show Profile Send longhorn a Private Message
I couldn't resist $12.8 silver, so I bought some. Also bought some pennies.

Obey Gresham's Law
Go to Top of Page

jadedragon
Administrator

Canada
3788 Posts

Posted - 08/15/2008 :  19:43:17  Show Profile Send jadedragon a Private Message
4 loosy 1967 silver quarters on ebay, but below melt :) No time to shop - bid on them overnight.

“The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.” – George Bernard Shaw.
Why Copper Bullion ~~~ Interview with Silver Bullion Producer Market Harmony
Passive Income blog
Go to Top of Page

Ant
Penny Hoarding Member

USA
894 Posts

Posted - 08/15/2008 :  20:33:38  Show Profile Send Ant a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by GhettoGold

gold which is the crack rock of metals.

Laughing, but you're right, it sure is like crack.

Lovely dimes, the liveliest coin, the one that really jingles. --Truman Capote

Coins are the metallic footprints of the history of nations. --William H. Woodin
Go to Top of Page

Neckro
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Saudi Arabia
2080 Posts

Posted - 08/15/2008 :  21:39:51  Show Profile  Send Neckro an AOL message  Click to see Neckro's MSN Messenger address  Send Neckro a Yahoo! Message Send Neckro a Private Message
=/ I got me 22.75 in silver face.

Trolling is an art.
Go to Top of Page

moboman
1000+ Penny Miser Member

USA
2555 Posts

Posted - 08/15/2008 :  22:17:33  Show Profile Send moboman a Private Message
I bought some of the new liberty $1 copper dollars.

But they dont fall in any of your categories.

I hope to get to a coin store tomorrow to buy some silver.

"99% of all lawyers give the rest of them a bad name"

Edited by - moboman on 08/15/2008 22:18:25
Go to Top of Page

Neckro
1000+ Penny Miser Member

Saudi Arabia
2080 Posts

Posted - 08/15/2008 :  22:31:39  Show Profile  Send Neckro an AOL message  Click to see Neckro's MSN Messenger address  Send Neckro a Yahoo! Message Send Neckro a Private Message
I got 18 of those 1ounce 20$ liberty coins, a while back. Nice looking, but not my style of bullion

Trolling is an art.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Classic Realcent Archives © 2000-2010 Realcent.org Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.2 seconds. Powered By: ForumCo v3.4.05
RSS Feed 1 RSS Feed 2