Classic Realcent Archives
Classic Realcent Archives
Home | Profile | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Bullion Coins and Metals Investing Forums
 Silver Bullion, Gold, & other Bullion Metals
 hmmmm.....
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

kieblera5
Penny Hoarding Member

USA
859 Posts

Posted - 07/23/2008 :  01:30:03  Show Profile  Send kieblera5 an AOL message Send kieblera5 a Private Message
You must be logged in to see this link.

This is the Cash4gold commercial that you may have seen on TV.

The part that cracks me up is that you "can trade your unwanted gold for COLD HARD CASH". Kinda an oxymoron if you ask me... Trading cold, hard, real money for paper fiat. I wouldn't call it cold unless you use it as a wrapper for something in your fridge. It's definately not hard, and its barely worth calling cash anymore.

Some people just don't get it. Even the video tells you that the price of gold is climbing, so why would anyone in their right mind get rid of it. Then again, 95% of America isn't in their right mind. The other 5% are considered geniuses by our standards.

Democracy is being allowed to vote for the candidate you dislike least.

Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and then beat you mercilessly with experience.

Caller number seven gets the Peace Prize!

Get coding tips, tricks, and more at: http://codingmonday.blogspot.com

moboman
1000+ Penny Miser Member

USA
2555 Posts

Posted - 07/23/2008 :  01:33:43  Show Profile Send moboman a Private Message
IS that the one where the lady got cash the very next day? That would be imposible...

"99% of all lawyers give the rest of them a bad name"

Go to Top of Page

NotABigDeal
1000+ Penny Miser Member

USA
3890 Posts

Posted - 07/23/2008 :  06:29:34  Show Profile Send NotABigDeal a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by moboman

IS that the one where the lady got cash the very next day? That would be imposible...

Yeah, when I heard that, my BS meter went off. Did she take it there in person or what?

Deal

Live free or die.
Plain and simple.

"If you love wealth more than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, depart from us in peace. We ask not your council or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you. May your chains rest lightly upon you and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen."
- Samuel Adams
Go to Top of Page

Bluegill
1000+ Penny Miser Member

USA
1964 Posts

Posted - 07/23/2008 :  06:47:04  Show Profile Send Bluegill a Private Message
I have seen similar commercials for that company.

Who in their right frickin' mind would send off PM's in the mail with out verifing weight or purity first... Even then who in their right frickin' mind would just send them off to some unknown entity...

The commercial I saw had some lady showing off her fiat all excited about getting $600. "Yeah you stupid retard, you probably sent them $1,200 worth or better in the metals."

Doesn't anybody think anymore..?

Edited by - Bluegill on 07/23/2008 06:48:14
Go to Top of Page

TenBears
1000+ Penny Miser Member

USA
1021 Posts

Posted - 07/23/2008 :  07:53:57  Show Profile Send TenBears a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Bluegill

anybody = sheeple = no to your question

"Rich," the Old Man said dreamily, "is not baying after what you can't have. Rich is having the time to do what you want to do. Rich is a little whiskey to drink and some food to eat and a roof over your head and a fish pole and a boat and a gun and a dollar for a box of shells. Rich is not owing any money to anybody, and not spending what you haven't got." Robert Ruark

there are too wild Indians...
there are too wild Indians...
there are too wild Indians...-----still taunted

Go to Top of Page

fb101
Administrator

USA
2856 Posts

Posted - 07/23/2008 :  11:11:16  Show Profile Send fb101 a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Bluegill

As elections have been proving for the last 40 years, no.
Thinking is too much like work for most people, they'd rather just emote their decisions. That's why pols can tell sob stories and get votes. Besides, most of the people I know who think really aren't very good at it. Only about a yeare ago I had someone argue to me it's better to kill 47 million people than 1 million.

If you kill one or two people it's murder
If you kill 1,000 to 1 million it foreign policy
If you kill 47 million, it's convenient.

Sanity check time.....

Go to Top of Page

misteroman
Administrator

USA
2565 Posts

Posted - 07/23/2008 :  11:24:07  Show Profile Send misteroman a Private Message
I actually have 2 extra gold necklaces I was going to take somewhere when the price hit $1,000.I just figure they will be worth more someday.

Buying CU cents!!!! Paying 1.2 unlimited amounts wanted. Can pick up if near Ohio area.
Go to Top of Page

swusc
Penny Hoarding Member

USA
553 Posts

Posted - 07/23/2008 :  19:43:50  Show Profile Send swusc a Private Message
You can figure it out yourself if you have a scale.

karat of gold/24 x grams of necklaces / 31.10 = Troy oz of pure gold.

I would discount it some for lower than .999 purity unless they are 24 karat which i doubt.

-SWUSC

`Everybody is ignorant. Only on different subjects.' Will Rogers

"This is the shabby secret of the welfare statists' tirades against gold. Deficit spending is simply a scheme for the "hidden" confiscation of wealth. Gold stands in the way of this insidious process. It stands as a protector of property rights. If one grasps this, one has no difficulty in understanding the statists' antagonism toward the gold standard." Alan Greenspan, 1966.
Go to Top of Page

Flbandit
Penny Hoarding Member

USA
851 Posts

Posted - 07/23/2008 :  20:56:38  Show Profile Send Flbandit a Private Message
About the only way I get any gold is to buy earrings and chains that people sell cheap. I intend to hold on to it though.

Are you throwing that out?
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Classic Realcent Archives © 2000-2010 Realcent.org Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.14 seconds. Powered By: ForumCo v3.4.05
RSS Feed 1 RSS Feed 2