Classic Realcent Archives
Classic Realcent Archives
Home | Profile | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Bullion Coins and Metals Investing Forums
 Nickel Bullion & CuNi Bullion Coins
 Vacation to Canada: .999 Nickel results
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

wolvesdad
1000+ Penny Miser Member

USA
2164 Posts

Posted - 06/04/2008 :  10:28:23  Show Profile Send wolvesdad a Private Message
Well,
We just got back from about 5 days in Canada and 3 days in New York state.

I sorted more than $350 of nickels and got $73 in .999 nickels. Plus one from 1941(or 1942 I can't remember).
Also, about $20 or $25 worth were US nickels. (one of which was a silver war nickel)

And I pulled out 3 1991s and two 2000Ps.

And, (to be added in a "numismatic" forum post... I found a two headed us nickel. It must be fabricated because it has two dates, not close years. Weird... Any knowledge of these?

Well it was fun! Wish I could have pulled more. The last box really killed me... Less than 10% .999 nickels!

Don't know if I'll ever have the opportunity to do it again. But At least I have some more .999 nickel put away. (Hope it goes back up...wow, just $10 a lb.)

"May your percentages ever increase!"

jadedragon
Administrator

Canada
3788 Posts

Posted - 06/04/2008 :  10:57:01  Show Profile Send jadedragon a Private Message
You did very good to get 20% Ni coin. I am pulling about 15%, excluding those minty fresh boxes from the sort. I've hand sorted out over 3 boxes of .99 and only found two US silver war nicks to date, so again, you did very well :)

Do you know where there is a market for 2000P and 1991? Are they worth anything?

If there is a market I could flood it. The 1991's and 2000P are not very rare as far as I can tell. I started looking for 2000P one day in my Return pile (all concentrated 2000+) after reading people were looking for them. I had most of a roll in a sandwich size dish of 2000+, almost as many as 2000 no P. I just throw them back. Most Canadian Nickels 2000+ stay in nice condition for a long time too.

“The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.” – George Bernard Shaw.
Why Copper Bullion ~~~ Interview with Silver Bullion Producer Market Harmony
Passive Income blog
Go to Top of Page

wolvesdad
1000+ Penny Miser Member

USA
2164 Posts

Posted - 06/04/2008 :  14:10:02  Show Profile Send wolvesdad a Private Message
I haven't sold or tried to buy these dates. They did seem rare to me compared with other ones.... especially the 2000P. I went through 100s of 2000 no P and only found 2 P's.

Wow, if you can, I would say go ahead and pull out the 2000P's.

I am just following what others have saved/looked for.

"May your percentages ever increase!"
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Classic Realcent Archives © 2000-2010 Realcent.org Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds. Powered By: ForumCo v3.4.05
RSS Feed 1 RSS Feed 2