Classic Realcent Archives
Classic Realcent Archives
Home | Profile | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Bullion Coins and Metals Investing Forums
 Copper Penny Bullion Investing
 Cross polination(gossip) between branches?
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

wolvesdad
1000+ Penny Miser Member

USA
2164 Posts

Posted - 03/09/2008 :  13:07:46  Show Profile Send wolvesdad a Private Message
Anyone here ever have tellers from one branch at another branch?
Anyone ever been told, hey you are that penny guy from x and x street branch?
Any other cross branch gossip or chat that has helped or hurt your penny dumping or acquisition?

I was in a branch of Chase the other day (this branch for the first time)and after getting confused looks from the tellers, but still making out with $20 in rolls, I saw a lady from a 'regular' branch and she recognized me, no "Hello!" but almost a dirty look! I hope she doesn't go blabbing..."he's always coming in asking for cents...blah, blah, blah"

Maybe she just had gas, but I think she was 'looking down' on me.

"May your percentages ever increase!"

PennyProspector
Penny Pincher Member

USA
212 Posts

Posted - 03/09/2008 :  15:25:08  Show Profile Send PennyProspector a Private Message
In general tellers talking to friends at other banks has helped me & has gotten at least 3 other banks to welcome me even after telling me no many times b4. (once the no sayers find out that others think it is ok they are more likely to come around)

however, Chase is the one odd ball for me My normal branch sells to me all the time... but the other two branches tell me it is against policy to sell the bags to normal people (assuming I am normal) and even with all of my charm, friendly name dropping and my branch endorcing my reputation they still refuse to give up the pennies.... I think it will just take some more visits to wear them down.

Probably one of them had a bad penny experience from childhood and is taking it out on me, you gotta feel soory for those poor penny vitims.

But as I said the more people know you as the crazy guy that sorts pennies the easier it is to get them to save customer wrapped rolls & returns.

embrace your position!... crazy penny guy!

your friend
PP

Happy Prospecting!
Go to Top of Page

Ardent Listener
Administrator

USA
4841 Posts

Posted - 03/09/2008 :  17:13:11  Show Profile Send Ardent Listener a Private Message
Oh yes! Just the other day I did a drive buy while in a nearby small town. I reconized one of the tellers and right away and told her. "You're everwhere!" She smiled, and said yes. When I asked for a box of pennies she didn't have one but the head teller ran up and told me she would order me a box like I was a VIP. Well, I guess I am. Very Important Penny hoarder.

Realcent.forumco.com disclosure. Please read.
All posts either by the members, moderators, and the administration of http://realcent.forumco.com are for your edification and amusement only. It is not the intent of realcent.forumco.com or its host to provide investment, medical, matrimonial, legal, security or tax advice and nothing posted here should be considered to be so. All rights reserved.

Think positive.
Go to Top of Page

Epaphras
Penny Collector Member

USA
382 Posts

Posted - 03/09/2008 :  22:07:14  Show Profile Send Epaphras a Private Message
A new branch recently opened up close to my job and pulled some employees from my main bank. Nothing negative has come about, they just say "it's the penny man". Some ask if I found anything good. I talked to the head teller about preodering pennies and what would be my limit. She said " I can order as many as you want. Let me know Tuesday and they'll be here Thursday or Friday". She has even ordered some extras for me from week to week. This week, I'll be putting some money into a CD because of their services.

Good thing is I don't have to 'retrain' them about what the red-marked rolls mean. Which reminds me that I have not asked for customers rolls lately.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Classic Realcent Archives © 2000-2010 Realcent.org Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.13 seconds. Powered By: ForumCo v3.4.05
RSS Feed 1 RSS Feed 2