Classic Realcent Archives
Classic Realcent Archives
Home | Profile | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Bullion Coins and Metals Investing Forums
 Copper Penny Bullion Investing
 Dimes w your Pennies.... Only a Brinks Phenomenon?
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

wolvesdad
1000+ Penny Miser Member

USA
2164 Posts

Posted - 03/02/2008 :  21:17:57  Show Profile Send wolvesdad a Private Message
After just going through 3 boxes of NFString in the last month I've come to a conclusion,
THey do a better job of catching those loose dimes...
In other words, that I can recall from my first box of NFSTring and the last three....There HAS NEVER been a 'darn dime' whereas Brinks you get them every 3rd box or so.

A useless observation I'm sure!

"May your percentages ever increase!"

misteroman
Administrator

USA
2565 Posts

Posted - 03/02/2008 :  22:08:24  Show Profile Send misteroman a Private Message
I just got two dimes back to back in a hand roll today.Makes you think what the people are thinking.I've never gotten a dime in a NF box either.
Derek

Buying CU cents!!!! Paying 1.2 unlimited amounts wanted. Can pick up if near Ohio area.
Go to Top of Page

MormonMetal
Penny Pincher Member

USA
150 Posts

Posted - 03/03/2008 :  00:47:07  Show Profile Send MormonMetal a Private Message
I've found dimes in just about every kind of roll. I think it just depends on what type of sorting machine they are using to go through loose coins. Some may acutally use weight and density, while other may only go by size. They are always a welcome suprise though.
Go to Top of Page

TXTim
Penny Hoarding Member

629 Posts

Posted - 03/03/2008 :  08:13:57  Show Profile Send TXTim a Private Message
Never have seen one in a CWI paper roll. They appear in plastic Brinks rolls and out of bags here for me.

Beer is my currency.
Go to Top of Page

starwarsgeek171
Penny Hoarding Member

USA
651 Posts

Posted - 03/03/2008 :  09:50:33  Show Profile Send starwarsgeek171 a Private Message
Not useless at all. Completely relevant.
Go to Top of Page

cyberdan
Penny Collector Member

USA
289 Posts

Posted - 03/03/2008 :  10:06:25  Show Profile Send cyberdan a Private Message
I mostly get them in hand rolls. I think there is a personal sorting wrapping machine that mistakes dimes a lot. When ever I see those shotgun wrappers with Royal Soverine on it I tend to get more dimes.

I always ask for hand wrapped rolls rather than boxes.
Go to Top of Page

HoardCopperByTheTon
Administrator

USA
6807 Posts

Posted - 03/03/2008 :  14:38:05  Show Profile Send HoardCopperByTheTon a Private Message
I find them in Brinks rolls and in the Cointainer/Royal Sovereign rolls some folks use. Sometimes those lower end machines accidently drop a dime in the penny roll. Guess that makes the Brinks machines lower end. My rolling machine automatically ejects the dimes into an offsort box.

Brinks has solved this problem though. Now that they are sorting the copper out with another machine they are also keeping their dimes. I haven't found a single "darn dime" in any of the rolls from the new dud boxes.

If your percentages are low.. just sort more. If your percentages are high.. just sort more.

Now selling Copper pennies. 1.6x plus shipping. Limited amounts available.

Edited by - HoardCopperByTheTon on 03/03/2008 14:40:13
Go to Top of Page

canadianbullion

USA
18 Posts

Posted - 03/03/2008 :  19:14:43  Show Profile Send canadianbullion a Private Message
I get dimes all the time in penny rolls here in Canada - and in Nickel rolls. Sometimes I think people might throw in a dime, if they don't have enough pennies or nickels to finish off a role. I've noticed them especially in roles with less than fifty coins, or forty in the case of nickels.

Buying Canadian Nickels!
Go to Top of Page

Robarons
Penny Hoarding Member

USA
522 Posts

Posted - 03/03/2008 :  20:33:33  Show Profile Send Robarons a Private Message
Actually when I started posting sorting percents when I first joined back in Sept/Oct. this happed to be one of my first questions. Since the only $25 boxes around here are those String paper rolls I NEVER got dimes. I wondered how you even got 'darn dimes' from boxes (like it was loose or something, etc.)

However to date I have got one dime from those String boxes.

Robber Baron= Robarons
Go to Top of Page

Tourney64
1000+ Penny Miser Member

USA
1035 Posts

Posted - 03/03/2008 :  21:30:49  Show Profile Send Tourney64 a Private Message
I'm averaging about 1 dime per 10 Brinks boxes.
Go to Top of Page

Loophole29
Penny Sorter Member

78 Posts

Posted - 03/08/2008 :  00:00:16  Show Profile Send Loophole29 a Private Message
I get all my pennies from a company in Harrisburg, PA which isn't Brinks. I get dimes every so often.

Sorting in Jersey
Go to Top of Page

NotABigDeal
1000+ Penny Miser Member

USA
3890 Posts

Posted - 03/08/2008 :  13:42:29  Show Profile Send NotABigDeal a Private Message
Haven't had a dime from a Brinks box in a long time.

Deal

Live free or die.
Plain and simple.

"If you love wealth more than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, depart from us in peace. We ask not your council or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you. May your chains rest lightly upon you and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen."
- Samuel Adams
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

8 Posts

Posted - 03/08/2008 :  17:55:15  Show Profile Send n/a a Private Message
I have found dimes frequently in hand-rolled pennies from the credit union... about a dollar's worth now.
Go to Top of Page

aloneibreak
Penny Hoarding Member

USA
672 Posts

Posted - 03/09/2008 :  17:15:19  Show Profile Send aloneibreak a Private Message
ive found maybe 3 or 4 dimes in rolls over the last year. today found my first silver one though. 1948 but not sure on the mintmark. its flattened out to about the size of a penny and all scraped up. looks like a parking lot had its way with it. but hey - silver is silver right

My reading of history convinces me that most bad government results from too much government.
Thomas Jefferson
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Classic Realcent Archives © 2000-2010 Realcent.org Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.13 seconds. Powered By: ForumCo v3.4.05
RSS Feed 1 RSS Feed 2