Classic Realcent Archives
Classic Realcent Archives
Home | Profile | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Bullion Coins and Metals Investing Forums
 Nickel Bullion & CuNi Bullion Coins
 1937 Canadian Nickel
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

insurrection1517
Penny Collector Member

USA
262 Posts

Posted - 01/18/2008 :  19:00:09  Show Profile Send insurrection1517 a Private Message
I picked up 10 rolls of Canadian Nickels today. Fifty percent of them ended up being US, but two rolls inparticular were almost entire pre 1981 with many 12 sided coins. One coin jumped out at me because it has a period mark after the date (1937.). I've never seen a Canadian nickel with a period after the date. I checked online which says the 1937 is worth a few dollars as it's in real good shape, but I was curious if anyone knows anything about the period mark following the date? Do all 1937's have this mark? Thanks.

Check out my auctions on ebay!: http://shop.ebay.com/lutheranamerican/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_from=&_ipg=&_trksid=p4340

http://www.mrrebates.com?refid=413556 - 3% cash back on everthing at Ebay - including coins, precious metals, etc. Much better than Ebates.

Ryedale
Administrator

USA
523 Posts

Posted - 01/18/2008 :  19:09:37  Show Profile Send Ryedale a Private Message
insurrection1517

I just checked my coin book and it's showing.........

1937 dot mintage of 4,953,263

Seems to be average mintage, and it appears all of them from 1937 have it. I have no idea why it's there. Hope this helps.

A good sight for canadian coins is
You must be logged in to see this link.

Click under "tools" (left column)
Collectors corner
Then on this page Canadian coin Mintages. Some are missing in different denominations, but they have most listed.

You must be logged in to see this link.

Ryedale

GET YOUR DRI-SLIDE FROM IRONBRAID
http://www.ironbraid.com/driside.html

Used with permission from Ironbraid.

"The real art of conversation is not only to say the right thing at the right place, but to leave unsaid the wrong thing at the most tempting moment."
— Dorothy Neville-Rolfe
Go to Top of Page

mickeyman
Penny Pincher Member

Canada
243 Posts

Posted - 03/23/2008 :  10:09:22  Show Profile Send mickeyman a Private Message
I seem to recall reading somewhere that in the good old days, every so often a flaw would appear in one of the dyes, and Mint basically said "the hell with it" and ran them anyway. There are varieties noted for many early years, but none of them are scarce because the Mint just let them roll.

I actually got an entire roll of these at the bank a few months ago. They were all well-circulated. On ebay you see them selling for $0.99, but my local coin shop said they only offer about $.07 for them.

Not all who wander are lost.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Classic Realcent Archives © 2000-2010 Realcent.org Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.2 seconds. Powered By: ForumCo v3.4.05
RSS Feed 1 RSS Feed 2